For Ruakaka Sand Track Rules please scroll down near the end of the page...
Winter Racing - Whangarei Motorcycle Club Race Meetings
- Held at the Ruakaka Sand Track (458 Marsden Point Road - in behind Lawson's Cartage)
Summer - held @ various dirt or natural terrain tracks
Keep an eye on this website for any changes of track due to wet weather (where racing may be changed to the Ruakaka Sand Track)
It is important that you sign on before 9am to enable classes and race order to be set up for riding to start on time at 9.30am.
8am - 9am
Riders Briefing 9.15am
No late sign ons
Must contact race secretary if you know you are going to be late
CLUB DAY FEES:
Club Member Sign On Fees:
$25 Financial Club Member Day Licence (Junior or Senior)
NON FINANCIAL CLUB MEMBER:
$25 Non-Financial Club Member Day Licence (Junior or Senior)
JUNIOR (8-16 YEARS):
8-10 Years 85cc
11-12 Years 85cc
13-16 Years 85cc
12-14 Years 125cc
15-16 Years 125cc
14-16 Years 250cc Four Strokes
(Classes may be combined depending on numbers)
- Classes may be combined if numbers allow
- There are 3 races per day, plus a practice session
- All races are 10-12 minutes plus 1 lap (except for Club Feature Races refer to Events Calendar)
- 20 minute races may take place for Experienced Riders. It will be discussed on the day if this is to take place.
NO TRANSPONDERS AS ALL RACES ARE MANUALLY LAPSCORED.
Sands Property Track
561 Kaiatea Road, Kaiatea, Tutukaka Coast
Browns Property Track
425 Jubilee Rd, Hikurangi.
Clements Property Track
Omaikao Rd, Kaiatea, Tutukaka Coast
Ruakaka Sand Track
- Winter Race Meetings are held at the Ruakaka Sand Track.
- Tracks are in behind Lawsons Cartage (458 Marsden Point Road, Ruakaka) down behind sheds at end.
RUAKAKA SAND TRACK RULES
Private hiring of the Ruakaka Sand Race Track has now ceased.
The initial purpose for private hiring of the track was for training for riders attending the 2011 Senior, Junior and School Championships.
As these Championships have now been, only events organised by the Committee will be permitted (ie Fun/Practice Days, Club Days and Committee organised events).
This track is only to be ridden when it is an authorized Whangarei Motorcycle Club organized event. There is to be no unauthorised riding – NO EXCEPTIONS.
If a club member is found to be riding this track outside of a club organized event they will be banned from the club.