Webb City Historical Society

                                 To collect, preserve and share the history of the Webb City, MO area.

The Clubhouse  History 

The Historical Society has turned over ownership and maintenance of The Clubhouse to the City of Webb City.  Rentals are no longer available at this time.

          The Historical Society's Mission Statement:

"To collect, preserve and share the history of the Webb City area."


The Clubhouse was built in 1910 by the Southwest Missouri Electric Railway Company Employees Association. The Clubhouse was used for passing the time between shifts. It was equipped with showers, beds, card and pool tables. When the streetcar system closed, the building was donated to the county for use as a health department.

In the 1990's the county moved the health department to Carthage and the building was given to the Historical Society which undertook a major renovation effort., In 2010, the grounds were landscaped, funded by a grant from the W.H. and Marion Perry Foundation.

There are several displays on Webb City history at the Clubhouse on such topics as: local minerals, mining, Lakeside, the history of the building, Sentinel newspaper photos from the last decade, and a display of cartoons by Nick Frising. 


For many years the Historical Society maintained and used the Clubhouse for community events and rentals.


The City of Webb City now has ownership of The Clubhouse.


As of January 1, 2021, rentals are no longer available.


The Clubhouse - Present Day

 


The Clubhouse  115 N Main St       
Webb City, MO , 64870

D
o not mail to this address!