"To collect, preserve and share the history of the Webb City area."
The Historical Society collects items of historic interest related to Webb City, Carterville, and Oronogo. Persons wishing to make a donation to the archives, may contact the society's volunteer archivist, Jerry Pryor, at 417 673-1269.
The Clubhouse was built in 1910 by the Southwest Missouri Electric Railway Company Employees Association. The Clubhouse was used for passing the time between shifts. It was equipped with showers, beds, card and pool tables. When the streetcar system closed, the building was donated to the county for use as a health department.
In the 1990's the county moved the health department to Carthage and the building was given to the Historical Society which undertook a major renovation effort., In 2010, the grounds were landscaped, funded by a grant from the W.H. and Marion Perry Foundation.
The Historical Society maintains and rents out The Clubhouse. Please see the Clubhouse tab above for information about rentals.
There are several displays on Webb City history at the Clubhouse on such topics as: local minerals, mining, Lakeside, the history of the building, Sentinel newspaper photos from the last decade, and a display of cartoons by Nick Frising. The historical society archives include some 3,000 items which are cataloged. See the exhibits tab above for more information.
New Officers and Board Members were elected as follows:
Members at Large: