Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Need Help - Sun-Times Story

EVIL_SLEFO

Hey all!

If you haven't heard, I was in Amman, Jordan covering the Middle East. I came back sooner than expected because the publication I was working for was unethical to say the least. 

I'm back now and working for the Chicago Sun-Times. Check out my most recent story that was featured in last Sunday's paper. 

Anyway, right now I'm working on a story regarding customers not getting the games they're renting from RedBox kiosks. Basically, instead of the game they are getting a blank case or a photo copy (yes, a piece of paper with a barcode) of the game. Since the barcode is on the disc (it's a sticker) the machine accepts it. 

This may not be news to us gamers, as it's been talked about on forums and Reddit. However, I got the VP of RB to address the issue for the first time. This is the first time they've ever spoken about this. But I need help. 

My editors want me to find someone that this has happened to in Chicago and the suburbs. Finding someone in Chicago was a piece of cake. I just hung out at a kiosk and found someone within 10 minutes. Finding someone in the suburbs, however, has proven to be more difficult. 

If you live in the suburbs, or know somebody that does and rents from RedBox, then please contact me. You can reach me at 312-709-9900. If you call and I don't pick up, please follow up with a text message. Any help would be greatly apprecaited. 

Anyway, hope to see everyone again soon. Alex is talking about gaming on bigscreens and that sounds like fun. Zelda four swords anyone? I have the game and I believe I have two cords for the GBA connection, too. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. Of course, I'm also open to other games, just a suggestion. 

Hope all is well. 

Best,

George

PS - to those of you I'm friends with on Facebook, I'm no longer on Facebook. It was beginning to become too much of a distraction. lol. 

--

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

September 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I have not rented at a RB, but I will do so, if you want an interview....

September 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Good to have you back sir.

--

This silence is deafening......

December 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.