Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Ugh Wii ...

EVIL_SLEFO

So i've recently rediscovered the Nintendo Wii. I've gotten into it as of late with titles like Xenoblade and The Last Story. What's great about these titles is I can play with the Classic Controller Pro.

That being said, I've been looking for new Wii titles to get into. I'm a *huge* fan of Metroid Prime for the Nintendo Gamecube. The music, world and overall gameplay is still amazing ten years later. Not many games can say that.

Anyway, I picked up Metroid 3: Corruption recently thinking it would be more of what I loved with Prime for GC. For starters, the graphics are worse than the Gamecube version - how? But more importantly, the use of motion controls just ruins the experience. The whole thing feels like one giant gimmick if you ask me. Yes, I'm late to this party, but god damn why can't I just use a Wavebird and experience this game?

Anyone else here feel the same way? I have yet to play Twiglight Princess and I'm now looking for a GC version simply because I don't want to use the damn motion controls. Yuck.

--

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

August 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

EVIL_SLEFO

ALSO -

If you have a complete Twighlight Princess for GC and the promotional disc (which included the four games) complete, I'd be very interested in buying, trading. Please let me know if you have these and we can work something out. Thanks.

--

August 28, 2012 at 1:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

danpantzig

If you've got GC controllers use them.  Or pick up a Classic Controller.  I love the Wii but I hate motion controls too.  That said, the games I really, REALLY enjoy are:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland (old-school style Kirby, not much waggle)

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (precursor to MvC3, plays just like it)

New Super Mario Bros. Wii (duh)

Super Smash Bros Brawl (make sure you got some buddies for it)

Dragonball - Revenge of King Piccolo (half action-platformer, half fighting game, all fun)

Mario Kart Wii (works great with GC controller or Classic)

Donkey Kong Country Returns (minimal waggle, hard as fuck, very fun)

Rayman Origins (again, hard as fuck, but little to no waggle)

Animal Crossing City Folk (don't judge me, monkey)

Chocobo Mystery Dungeon ("roguelike" RPG-lite, surprisingly good!)

That's about all I got for now...I know there's more but I've been playing more GGPO and less Wii lately.

--

I hope she made LOTSA SPAGHETTI!
August 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I got the Kirby fo wii (haven't played it yet!)

The DK for wii is pretty fun, and 9 out of 10 girlfriends like it

August 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

danpantzig

Chicks dig monkeys (and apes).

--

I hope she made LOTSA SPAGHETTI!
August 28, 2012 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EVIL_SLEFO

Thanks for the tips. Time and again people tell me to check out Kirby. You guys must be like the fourth or fifth to tell me that recently. Speaking of Zelda, did you guys know Wind Waker has increased in value ridiciously recently? I got mine for like $15 from that video game store in noridge about a year ago. Its like $40 now!

@ Alex

That's a great point on girlfriends digging the Kirby game. My girl would never touch video games, but I got her into giving them a shot when I showed her Limbo. She got so hooked that she figured out how to turn on the xbox, select the game from my library and start. That's a really big deal for her haha. If I can get a game that I seriously dig and my girl likes it too, then I'm all for it.

Getting off topic here, I know ...

Other games she's liked:

LA Noir (Shes a lawyer now and digs the intergation parts and gathering clues, i do all the action scenes)

Army of Darkness for iphone, ipad. If you guys haven't checked it out, this is the greatest game and it is 100% legit free. And awesome.

Pinball FX XBOX Arcade. She got hooked on this one. Even held the high score among all my friends on the Blade and Wolverine board for a while. 

ANYWHO ... lol

@Dan -

I'm going to check Chocobo Dungeon.. that sounds kinda cool. Heard from a lot of people too about DK. My list just continues to grow. I really want to give Metroid 3 another shot, I just feel there is so much gaming to be had in that game. If it can be anything like the Gamecube version I know I'll like it.

Also, for you guys that haven't, get Fire Emblem for the Wii. You can just use the rectangular controller and it is such an amazing strategy RPG game that will test your skill. Once a character dies, they die for good. I'd love to talk about this game with some of you guys so check it out if you can. I think you can get it for like $40. Only 200K units shipped in America, so may be worth more in future.

Still looking for the Zelda set, too ..

--

August 29, 2012 at 1:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.