Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Way out there Video Game Ideas

Alex
Site Owner

Ok

so many of us have crazy out there ideas, some may work, some one.  I want to get a discussion of strange shit!

1.  Talking about this with Crono, dismantling a wavebird (as I have 2 without receivers) and putting them into a pringles can, nes controller, or etc?

2.  I want to create some kind of car mount for my 3ds, on the top of it.  I love bringing my 3ds around and getting streetpass and fighting bad guys and getting new hats (I need the Nes hat!) And I recently got a streetpass while on the way to a restaurant somehow... So, it would be sick to mount it on the top of my car, when I am in Chicago, safely, that can get the best signal propigation.  Also a rotating antennea dish would be ideal as well... I also go near the windows in the Daley Center, (tallest building I go into usually), and stand by the window to try to street pass people.  Also, I am going to go to each gamestore, with my 3DS in pocket...

3. That wicked NES guitar, although I will not be destroying any NES

4.  More to come!!!!

July 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

I'm trying to find a way to take my handhelds speaker systems and boost their frequencies to match my hearing aid settings.

--

This silence is deafening......

July 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?t=2511

I guess "perfect hearing" is 20k to 20khz, while hearing aids are typically lower....

I think radioshack had something that could change frequencies, I think I gave seen telephones that do this.  You maybe able to use a 1/8 cable into a small device and hook that up to a stereo.....

July 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

I do that sometimes. but when I'm away from home or in a vehicle, it would be nice if the frequency coming from my portable device matched what my hearing aid microphone picks up.

--

July 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Maybe this lack of a product, is an opportunity?

July 20, 2012 at 1:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Clearly the faceball 16 player game ( and apparent custom cable), should be here...

July 20, 2012 at 1:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

custom cable?

July 20, 2012 at 11:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Yeah supposedly it has special hardware devices and custom cables.

--

July 20, 2012 at 6:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

So i take it the standard multi cable doesnt work?

July 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Ok, so this is the third time I am typing this!  The first few times, it was reset from my ipad, so I broke out the bad boy, a brand new apple wireless keyboard I got new at a police auction of all places....

Anyway, apparently, Uncle Bob, an expert in faceball 2000, says it will not work with 16 players with the original gameboy or the color, but apparently it works with the gameboy sp or gameboy advance.  

This is all hearsay, mixed with some of my own personal experiences..

I did manage to get a 4 player game with 4 original gameboys and the original gameboy hub 4 player.  However, it does not recognize any more than 4 players, even though I did find Bob's post where he shows a 5th and so on.  So, I was very excited, and then dissapointed when I thought it was not possible.  Now, I believe this to be possible, and I will try to get the first video of a 16 player game in history.  If you guys find any information, please let me know!

Apparently there is a interact or pelican 4 player gameboy advance/sp cable, and there is another cable that has 2 or 4 cables, but also has a another dock like thing, which allows you to add more players apparently.  I am on the lookout for the link cables, if yall see them, cop it for me, and I will get you back... I will be looking, I did see some of the 4 player cables on ebay for 9 bucks shipped, but I am not sure I can get more than the 4...... 

I was thinking of bringing 4 gameboys and 4 copies of a couple games to my Birthday celebration... (Penguine wars supports 10 players apparently)

July 21, 2012 at 1:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

I'm wondering if it needs to be the 1st party Nintendo multitap. The 3rd party stuff may be wired or grounded different causing some issues.

July 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I don't think so, I have like 7 of nintendo multitaps and I cannot get 5 players or more...

July 21, 2012 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I'm trying to build a cheap 3DS winder, pictures soon?

July 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

A what?

--

July 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

A 3DS winder.  Apparently it has not been invented yet.  Right now mine is two identical lamps, with bungee cable.  I put my 3ds in a protective case and swing it back and forth.  It is to get fake steps. I am able to get up to 9 steps from each swing.  This is my first design, and it actually works, which is a tiny sucess. 

My original idea was to use a motor to spin a disc with the 3ds on it.  I am not sure my motor will power the weight of the 3ds, so I started thinking of other ways to fake motion.  But, now I found a Kinenx Big Ball Factory with a motor, so I think I can make something decent... I can't find anything on the net about people doing this!

July 25, 2012 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

I would totally get a 3DS just to try that, lol!!

--

July 30, 2012 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.