Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Game Reviews

Alex
Site Owner

Ok,

I thought it would be a fun section to have here... Game Reviews....

It would be cool to do:

Thumbnail of game:

System:

Game:

Review:

Stars out of 10

Review all the games!  I will go first....

June 21, 2012 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Wii (PS2, etc)

SNK Classic Vol. 1

Obviously, I bought this game way too late.  I should have gotten it on day one of the release.   I am missing the booklet.  Anywho, it has 16 Neo Geo Aes games on a single disk, ready to be played any time.  It was a lot of fun to Start Playing Metal Slug (is so hard, and will provide hours of enjoyment, even with at least 2 players, I played Shock Troopers for the first time ever, pretty decent, KOTM just one of my favorite games of all time... and then tons of others.  This game is great.  The gameplay is very good, colors, and sounds are amazing too.  I played with just the wiimote, I am not sure If you could use the classic, but that would be really nice.  I am missing my manual, so there is that...Way cheaper and easier to play all these games, however owning them all on the AES would be baller....

8/10 stars

June 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

That SNK collection looks pretty cool. If I see it for cheap I'll probably pick it up, for the PS2 that is. I have a good chunk of those games on AES and they are all so much fun. I love Neo Geo. After the Turbografx, it is my second favorite system I own.

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

June 21, 2012 at 6:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Last Resort:

Staying with the SNK theme, I will review my favorite Neo Geo game that is on that SNK Classics Collection that I own on homecart: Last Resort. In this side scrolling space ship shooter, you pilot the TZ-024 as you try to vanquish the fiends the game throws your way. There are many power ups you can pick up on your quest such as homing missiles, laser guns and anti-ground missles. There is also a pod that surrounds your ship that acts a weapon and shield as well. In this sense, Last Resort shares many things in common with R-Type. Last Resort, however, takes it a few steps forward and gives you more maneuveability with the pod. You can position the pod anywhere around your ship instead of just front or back. The coolest feature of the pod is the ability to use it as a projectile. The pod can do quite a bit of damage as it can bounce off of walls, ceilings and enemies. I really dig the atmosphere of the game. It has a post apocalyptic feel to it, akin to that of Neo Tokyo in Akira for those who have watched that anime. The game has a cool assortment of mechanical enemies. The bosses have nice big sprites. As with most Neo Geo shooters, this game is challenging. It is very easy to get surrounded by enemies and bullets if you're not careful. Mastering the use of the pod is critical for success in the game. Thankfully the controls are spot on. Overall I find Last Resort to be a lot of fun. I recommend it to anybody that owns a Neo Geo or Wii, especially those who like shooters. I give the game a 9/10.

--

June 22, 2012 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Im going to have to find an AES copy of Last Resort now. I never played or heard about it until now. It somehow slipped past my gaming radar after all these years. 

June 22, 2012 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

I'll make it sure to bring it with me to the VGS. I hope you get a chance to try it out. 8)

--

June 25, 2012 at 12:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

chany60126 at June 25, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I'll make it sure to bring it with me to the VGS. I hope you get a chance to try it out. 8)

Awesome! I'll definitely have to play it

June 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.