Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Crono's Layer

Alex
Site Owner

Ok,

So Mr. crono has proven his craftsmanship time and time again.  I can safely say we are all jealous.  I hope that you maybe you can post all of your amazing work here.  And maybe, just maybe some tips to emulate your work!

June 21, 2012 at 10:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

EVIL_SLEFO

Alex at June 21, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Ok,

So Mr. crono has proven his craftsmanship time and time again.  I can safely say we are all jealous.  I hope that you maybe you can post all of your amazing work here.  And maybe, just maybe some tips to emulate your work!

I remember seeing his stuff at VGS. Great stuff indeed. 

--

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

June 21, 2012 at 12:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Yes Crono, and maybe here is where you can let us know if you have any extras for sale/trade too.

--

This silence is deafening......

June 21, 2012 at 2:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner
Crono, and others, I'm going to put all my broken controllers and other stuff in a box. Maybe one day we should get together and mod controllers under the tutelage of said Crono. I Haz a dremel , saws, and other instruments, to hack or edit controllers.
June 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Sounds like a great idea for a forum! Im sure i can give you guys a pointer or two. Maybe i can start a class, "Modding with Crono" 

I'll def throw up some pics on here, although i havent done too much gaming stuff lately. My recent time has been spent "modding" a 70s era wooden console radio/8track/record player.

June 22, 2012 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Yay!! I want to be a part of the class!! And your new project is intriguing.

--

June 22, 2012 at 5:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

This is Crono' layer, you can do whatever the hell you please...

and you can have old school Mr. Rogers sweaters...

Bozz, go to sleep buddy...

June 22, 2012 at 9:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Sleep? Yeah right, what's that?

--

June 22, 2012 at 2:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Chrono Controller Modding 101

Prerequitie: Bring a used or damaged controller or controllers.

Course Materials:  Soldering Iron, Solder, eyeglass screwdriver set, parts and imagination

$300 per credit hour. 

June 22, 2012 at 2:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Well, so much for that, can only afford 2 credit hours.

--

June 22, 2012 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

It is a 16 week course, and at the end you will be modding $200 dollar controllers in 20 minutes.  :D

June 22, 2012 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

b45r

Alex at June 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Crono, and others, I'm going to put all my broken controllers and other stuff in a box. Maybe one day we should get together and mod controllers under the tutelage of said Crono. I Haz a dremel , saws, and other instruments, to hack or edit controllers.

Im down for this! I have a nice pile of broken controllers.

--

June 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

b45r at June 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Alex at June 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Im down for this! I have a nice pile of broken controllers.

Sure, we can do fun things with a soldering iron and controller pcbs!

June 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Heres my mod of the day. I did this a few weeks ago and its quick and easy. All you need is a drill with a hole saw bit, a wire cutter, usb cable, and a cheap pc fan.

After long gaming sessions my PS3 started overheating and shutting off. I noticed there was no ventilation in its little coffin of a home that is the entertainment center. So i wired up a fan that connects to the usb port on the PS3. When you turn the PS3 it powers up the usb and turns on the fan. 

First cut the usb cable and strip it down to the Red,Green,White, and Black wire. Snip off the White and Green. Also snip off the metal braiding. 

Then strip down the red and black of the usb cable and the pc fan cable. Twist the metal ends together and cover with some electrical tape. (You could solder them together too if you feel up to it but its not needed)

Now with the hole saw, cut a fan sized hole in the back of the shelf. Screw in the fan, plug it into the PS3 and yer done.

Now the PS3 is a cool as ice!

June 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

also make sure the Pc fan is blowing outwards and not towards the system. This will also work with anything else that has a usb port

June 23, 2012 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Wow, that is an awesome idea!

--

June 24, 2012 at 5:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Here is a pic I dug up from one of the older threads of Crono's creations. Gotta love that Dewalt joystick!!

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

June 25, 2012 at 12:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Quite the lovely collection!

--

June 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Heres some more pics of the sweet DeWalt stick. Recently I added a usb port on the front.

Even though its all beat up, I think its my favorite stick.

The wiring is still a bit messy on the inside. Never got around to cleaning that up :P

Here is the usb port i intsalled. It makes it a lot easier to store away the cord

June 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I flove it when Crono posts in his layer!

It looks like a Snes or genny board in there?  How is the USB hooked up, where can we learn about this?!

June 28, 2012 at 3:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.