Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Video Game Movies?

Alex
Site Owner

OK, It really was time to do this... I love watching movies on games as well, maybe you guys do too.... Anywho, I dropped the cable, and got the netflix, and there are some good ones on here, as well as stand alone movies, so without further ado. (if you add to the list, please add an imdb link or otherwise)

We got the

"Video Game Invasion" with Tony Hawk as narrator, a history of sorts of the Invasion of gaming.

"Super Mario Bros" John, Freeking Leguizamo, and Anthony Hopkins, seen it so many times, so much fun!

"The Super Mario Show" Ok, kinda chessy, but I really love it! (and a live action one as well)

"The Wizard" Fred Savage from 1989, they go to the World Champs, Powerglove, amazing.

"The King of Kong" Not sure I saw it, but I did see something similar on Netflix, I will have to check it out!

"Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the Arcade" I think this is on the flix, very cool program!

"Special When Lit", a really cool pinball movie I recently watched.

"Nerdcore Rising" also, not a "game movie" but is about a hip hop geek culture,  video games and related.

"Video Games: Just for Fun" I think I saw this on the flix too, pretty decent....

"The Enemy of the State" Ok, not a "game movie", however, ONLY movie to feature a NEC Turbo Express,

and then "Movies based on games" from Wikipedia....

June 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Make sure you guys bring along your copy of the King of Kong DVD so that Walter Day, the referee guy, can sign them for you at the VGS.

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

June 15, 2012 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

If I had one I would.... I was thinking of wearing a ref outfit?

June 15, 2012 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

b45r

I don't really like movies about games just because I'm saying to myself....thats not in the game, why is it in the movie? or vice versa. Bloodrayne. WTF was that?

--

June 15, 2012 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

b45r

Not that differences are always bad. I thought Tron was pretty cool.

--

June 15, 2012 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

b45r at June 15, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I don't really like movies about games just because I'm saying to myself....thats not in the game, why is it in the movie? or vice versa. Bloodrayne. WTF was that?

I know what you mean. I have yet to see a good movie based on a game. Street Fighter the movie with Jean Claude Van Damme is so bad it's hilarious! Cheesy dialog, plot holes galore. Dhalsim turned out to be a doctor, WTF!!

King of Kong is a documentary based on a high score competition between Billy Mitchell and Steve Wiebe in the Donkey Kong arcade game. It is very entertaining to watch.

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

June 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

The Street Fighter movie may be my favorite video game movie. The cheese factor is dialed up to 11 on that movie, its so good!

June 16, 2012 at 2:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Mortal kombat is pretty good...

June 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Resident Evil wasn't completely a wreck.

--

This silence is deafening......

June 17, 2012 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.