Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Craigslist.

Alex
Site Owner

I saw this on lifehacker.com, and had to repost.

Insert good / bad craigslist stories here:

http://lifehacker.com/5912906/how-can-i-avoid-getting-screwed-buying-on-craigslist

May 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Wow, now that's good info! I've only used Craigslist twice (first time directed me to this wonderful site.) Secoond time was when I picked up my Lynx from a guy close to my parents house, turned out he had loads of games and systems, I cleaned him out, lol!!

--

This silence is deafening......

May 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

I've had some amazing luck on Craigslist.  I have dealt with six different sellers and never once have I ran into a dud. Some of the highlights include buying Turbografx games from former NEC employees and more recently, the emporium of video games in Indiana where I made several return visits, which is how I got most of my AES collection (I cleaned him out).

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

May 26, 2012 at 12:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Yeah, you hit a mother lode dude!!

--

May 28, 2012 at 12:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

For sure, that guy's collection was a retro gamer's dream! I know Alex has had some great CL experiences.. along with some not-so good ones.

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

May 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Craigslist is limited for gamers down here, mostly people selling Call Of Duty games, lol!!

--

May 29, 2012 at 5:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I have to say craigslist has been a way of disseminating vintage games directly into my claws.

BOZZ, I understand your complaint.... However, have you tried posting ads looking for whatever it is you are looking for?  I am almost always surprised in how quickly someone responds with tons of goodness.

Yesterday, I was looking for some soldering help with a drum machine's volume PCB, and I posted at like 10 pm or something, and like less than half an hour someone responded who lives 3 blocks away!

Post an ad for retro games and see what happens!

May 29, 2012 at 12:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Arcade Motherload?

May 29, 2012 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

I will put in a request right now, thank you sir.

--

May 30, 2012 at 5:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Never know what you will find!

June 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Alex at June 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Never know what you will find!

Haha, your are right A! Here Is the dumbest CL email ever!

All the way from Brandon Koller nickeltoonproductions@gmail.com "Why would you sell R.O.B for 100, when Im willing to pay 30 dollars for it. THANKS! BK"

Great argument bk.....

June 11, 2012 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Wow, lol!!

--

June 12, 2012 at 2:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Another thing I hate about the CL is the flagging.... I get some of my posts flagged, no matter where I put them, dealer or individual, items wanted or in the video game section.  Most of the time it is not shady or anything!

I know it is from low lifes, who have nothing better to do, but I feel that it fucks with my Chi.(spelling?)

June 13, 2012 at 1:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

b45r

its also done if they do not like how low your pirce is on an item that they are selling as well. If I'm trying to sell the same item as you, but your asking lower than I am, Flag. I don't do that, but it makes sense.

June 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Aw, that's some 'ol bull****!!!

--

June 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.