Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Games w/ future value

EVIL_SLEFO

Hey all - 

Just wanted to get a discussion going on what you think will be of value in the future. There are things to look for. 

For example, Xenoblads is coming out for the Wii on April 6th. This is a cult RPG that can only be reserved at Gamestop. It is also coming out toward the end of a system's life span. This will def be worth money in the near future, IMO, as it shares traits with Suikoden 2. Side note, my local Gamestop - which is a very busy one - said they only had 10 reserves on this game. One was mine the other was the store employees. 

Mass Effect 1 - Part 2 and 3 came out for both PS3 and 360. But part one is only on the 360. This is the first game ever where three games complete the entire story. Many fans will want to start from one, and finish 3. It's already shot up, as this game used to be like $8 and is now selling for $30 at Gamestop. (They're sold out though). 

Dark Souls Limited Edition - From Software's royal screw up of not having enough Limited Editions made  a lot of people (including myself) angry. The LE comes in a metal tin, has an artbook and some other stuff. I ended up buying it, and I think this will def increase over time. The first Demon Souls Red Phantom Edition sells for about $300 online. It's a PS3 game. 

Disgaea 4 Limited Editon - Another cult RPG, but what is unique about this one is that they made it actually good. Tons of replay value here, the Limited editon comes with a toy and a couple of other things. Not many of these were sold, but a lot of people have love for the franchise. 

What are your thoughts? Do you have any other games to add? Share the wisdom!

--

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

March 23, 2012 at 5:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I like this thread.... I think any Justin Beiber game will be worth its weight in gold...

The Mario Allstars may have been worth something, if it was really limited...

March 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

b45r

ha ha ha. I would keep the Justin Beiber game factory sealed. ha ha.

And what do you mean they made Disgaea 4 actually good. I loved the first one. >.<

June 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

In the future, I'm thinking the Bioshock series may be worth something.

--

This silence is deafening......

June 12, 2012 at 2:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

b45r

So, I get a some classified info due to work about the video game industry prior to public knowledge. So I am being careful what I say. But check this out. Theres a lot more details of course, but It could raise the prices of the Xbox 360 forever. I did not leak any info, just found this as already on the net.

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-05-07/tech/31605174_1_motorola-mobility-patents-motorola-lawyer

--

June 17, 2012 at 1:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

I honestly have no idea how to respond to that.

--

June 17, 2012 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Maybe Xbizzles will become an infringing item, and they will have to stop selling them, and they will be worth millions, millions!!!!!! muahahahahahahhaha

June 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EVIL_SLEFO

@AsIBozz 

You know, BioShock one only had one print, so the first one can actually be a collectibale. I've seen the price of that game flucuate a lot. 

--

June 18, 2012 at 2:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EVIL_SLEFO

Also, another one you guys have probably already heard about, but The Last Story for Wii is having a limited print, and pre orders from GameStop get you the Special Edition (which has a really cool case). 

I can see this game being worth a lot of money. Also, Xenoblade artbook is worth like $20 right now and the game is selling from anywhere from $50-$60 used on the bay. That's a good start. 

--

June 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Yeah, The Last Story will definitely have future value!

--

June 19, 2012 at 4:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.