Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Best CO-OP Games

Alex
Site Owner

OK, I thought it would be great to have the co-op action listed here.  I know that some of my favorite games are co-op, and that it is just more fun to have a buddy there with you.  I think it adds fun exponetially!

NES:  Contra, SMB3 (not really co-op), Jackal, Marble Madness, Smash TV, Alien Syndrome

SNES: Smash TV, Donkey Kong Country Series,

N64: 007 Goldeneye, Waverace, Mario Kart, any of the tank games,

PSX: ??

Xbox: Halo

PS3: Full Auto 2 (guys get this game, it is amazing!)

wii: mario all stars, DKC returns, Smooth Moves

Partial list, what do you guys think?

April 18, 2011 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Ok, Goldeneye for the N64 is the epic win.

Metal Slug X for the PSX

--

This silence is deafening......

April 18, 2011 at 8:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

OK, I don't think Goldeneye, racing, first person shooters or tank games should be on here. The point of those game is to kill / beat the other friend(s), not help each other out

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

April 19, 2011 at 1:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

You guys know that I am all about the turbografx. Aside from the sports titles, the turbo doesn't have too many co-op games, but the ones it has are awesome.

My personal favorite is Monster Lair, a CD based game which is the third entry in the Wonderboy series. It is a fixed scrolling platformer where the protagonists have to eat fruit and avoid touching enemies in order to stay alive.

Another good one is Shockman. It is a mega-man-esque type game where two people can play on-screen simultaneously. You can charge your blaster to execute a super move, awesome!

Lastly, but certainly not least, Dungeon Explorer. It is a long a Gauntlet-esque game where up to five people can play at the same time.

There are other co-op games on T-16 no doubt, but those 3 are the ones I wanted to talk about.

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

April 19, 2011 at 1:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

The thing is, tons of FPS games have a CO-OP mode and team modes too.

--

April 19, 2011 at 3:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Yeah, 007 has a team mode, 2 v. 2, or 1 v. 3, which I am usually the single player against my friends.  I will give you the mariokart, but I play with my ladyfriend online, and on her account I always attack the other people on race mode, when there are 4 people or so.

TURBOGRAFX:  if you do not have Orydyne, parasol stars, or chew man fu, or bonk 3 you do not have co-op.  Those games are the diggity!

April 19, 2011 at 10:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

new super mario bros wii was fun to play with m'lady

--

you have to copy and paste my imageshack links, for some reason.

April 19, 2011 at 11:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Double Dragon comes to mind for me.

--

April 20, 2011 at 1:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

My faves would have to be ALL of the capcom beatemups. Those where me and my friends goto games in the arcades. There are too many to list but the tops ones would have to be Dungeons and Dragons:TOD and SOM, Aliens vs Predator, Knights of the Round, and of course Final Fight

April 20, 2011 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Some one needs to release that Aliens vs. Predator arcade game!! It was one of my fave arcade beat em ups!!

--

April 21, 2011 at 4:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

So you mean these aliens?

April 21, 2011 at 10:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Alex at April 21, 2011 at 10:06 AM

So you mean these aliens?

Thats it. That game is so full of awesome!

April 21, 2011 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Um, yeah it is.  I have never heard of it or seen it, so I thank you guys... I want to play this badly...

April 22, 2011 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

You really need to, it reeks of awesomeness!! There was a Hollywood park close to my parents house that had this game, I spent a lot of money in quarters playing this with my brother.

Since we're adding arcade games, Warriors of Fate definitely should be on the list!!

--

April 22, 2011 at 1:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

They have it at Galloping Ghost, as well as D&D: Tower of Doom

April 22, 2011 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Must remember that when I come up in June, I'll need a few rolls of quarters, lol!

--

April 24, 2011 at 3:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Oh, I also remember playing this game, "Unreal Tournament" for the first time.  It was unbelieveable.  We had a ton of people all on the LAN playing together, it was so great.  I hope I have that disc somewhere... I also played half life counterstrike a bit too, that was fun.

Also, I am not sure if you guys play PC FPS, but WARROCK is really great.  It is like half life, it is free, and it is a lot of fun.  I would love to have you guys on my team, let me know if y'all are interested...

April 25, 2011 at 2:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Unreal Tournament is excellent, all of them were fun.

--

April 25, 2011 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I know, I am trying to find it cheap for ps2, and then play online, I guess I should get the pc game, as it will be easier to play multiplayer (if it still works!!)

April 26, 2011 at 10:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bill M

River City Ransom for NES! One of my all-time favorite co-ops!

April 26, 2011 at 11:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.