Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Sale question (Neo Geo AES)

Jeff

i'm on the fence about this, but i have an offer to sell Viewpoint and Cyber Lip (both complete, US AES games) for $250.  its a nice offer...but i'm still kind of reluctant to sell them (mainly Viewpoint b/c i don't see it for sale very often).   help me decide. 

i should note that i paid less than 250 for these together. 

March 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

I honestly think you can get more than $250 for Viewpoint alone.

--

This silence is deafening......

March 2, 2011 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

really?  has the price jumped up on it?  I got it last year for just $120.  i never see it on sale, so i don't know where it stands

March 2, 2011 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

The Neo Geo cd version is easy to find, I even see an MVS version of it, but I'm thinking the rarity factor pushes it's price that high, or higher.

--

March 2, 2011 at 3:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

No Bozz, Viewpoint is not worth more than $250. I know this because I track AES games semi-regularly on the Neo-Geo.com forums. Jeff, Viewpoint is worth about $150-170 while Cyber Lip is worth about $60.

It's a good deal if you are looking to get rid of the games. But Viewpoint looks like a cool game, ah well. Does the price include shipping? Shipping alone will cost ya like $15. 

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

March 2, 2011 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Oh ok, sorry about that Jeff. Hey Chany, why is that the only game that looks like they just trew it on the list without caring?

--

March 2, 2011 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Threw it on what list? The Neo-Geo price guide? Speaking of that price guide, it is out of date and prices for neo-geo games fluctuate, especially for the higher end games, from year to year. I wish they would assign rarity factors on that site, just like they do at Atariage, since factors never change unless somebody finds a warehouse of unopened games. LOL

--

March 2, 2011 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

yeah, i paid $110 or 120 for Viewpoint and $60 for cyber lip (i had 2 cyber lips and sold the other for $80).   

i just don't know if i want to get rid of viewpoint.  i rarely ever see it for sale.   how often do you see it chany?

March 2, 2011 at 7:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Wow, you got a good deal on Viewpoint. I don't see that game pop up that often (maybe once every 4-6 weeks).  Are you totally getting out neo-geo collecting? If I didn't have student loans to worry about, I would send you an offer for Viewpoint.

--

March 2, 2011 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

no, i'm not getting out.  i'm keeping a few games (metal slug 3 and 5, spin master, league bowling, KotM, viewpoint, and maybe a few others).  i was just thinking of selling some stuff b/c i'd like to get a 3DS when it comes out...and i've been buying a shit ton of NES stuff.

March 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

So would you suggest that forum for finding other people who sell AES games?

--

March 2, 2011 at 11:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

J, it sounds like you are apprehensive of selling it, so why not just keep it?

March 2, 2011 at 11:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Yeah, if you have to think twice about selling a game, don't do it. That way you'll end up like me!!

--

March 2, 2011 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

yeah, you're probably right.  i don't mind parting with cyber lip, but viewpoint.....

March 2, 2011 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Just keep it, or sell it to me...Either way.

March 2, 2011 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

$200 for you...:)

March 2, 2011 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

You only have the one copy of Cyber Lip, right Jeff?

--

March 3, 2011 at 12:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

AslBozz at March 2, 2011 at 11:05 PM

So would you suggest that forum for finding other people who sell AES games?

Bozz, if you want purchase AES games then the Neo-geo forums are your best bet. You don't have to deal with auctions or ridiculous BINS. If you are patient enough you can some great deals on there compared to ebay. A lot people still are not aware that Neo-Geo.com exists. I always keep an eye on people who have 'fire sales', in other words, people who are getting out of collecting and want to clean out their closet ASAP. I have gotten some stellar titles that way.

--

March 3, 2011 at 12:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Cyber Lip is a neat game. Sure it pales when compared to the Metal Slug games, but it has a certain charm to it that I just can't deny. The protagonists look so geeky and the cutscenes are over the top and cheesy. The guys ride a hover sled when killed, sweet. Besides the fact that you can't shoot diagonally, the game itself is quite good. You have a wide variety of weapons to choose from and there is plenty of action to keep you busy. I like the bosses in the game, especially the first one.

--

March 3, 2011 at 12:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

yeah bozz. i just have one copy of it now. 

March 3, 2011 at 12:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.