Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Your 90s super pc

EVIL_SLEFO

OK, so, I'm sure all of us remember getting our first PC. For me, I remember getting a Compaq from Best Buy with my mom. It had 266mHz, 16mb of RAM, and like 20gb I think. At the time, it cost $1,500 (included monitor, speakers, printer, keyboard, mouse.) That was about right for the time.

I remember bragging about this to my friends. Anyway, I wanted to get a state of the art game for it and purchased Blade Runner for the PC. Those graphics were so amazing at the time.And I still remember the game foundly. There were multiple endings, puzzles, real voice acting. It was awesome!

What was your first game for your super pc? Post below and share!

--

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

February 25, 2011 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

My first PC was an apple II C, (if you all find one, I wants it!!)  It had the 5.25 inch floppy, no operating system, and was monochrome!

I had tons of games, receipe formula, some other stuff and so on... I wish we kept it, it was so pimp!

February 25, 2011 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

My first PC was a Tandy 2000, nuff said, lol!!

--

This silence is deafening......

February 25, 2011 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

But really, my first game was Raptor: Call of the Shadows for my Compaq Presario.

--

February 25, 2011 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I can't remember the "first" game on that.... I had Sammy Lightfoot, The Incredable Hulk, Ali Baba, some space ship thingy, muppets gonzo adventure, and probably more!!!

February 26, 2011 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

It's easy to remember my first game for the PC, because I only had 3 all the way up until the past few years, lol!!

--

February 26, 2011 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

That sucks my friend...

February 28, 2011 at 1:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

I got my first PC in 1990. It had an intel 386sx which ran at a blazing 33MHz. It had 16 MB of ram and a 120MB hard drive. Plus it not only had a 5.25 floppy drive but it also had a 3.5 floppy drive.  It was mega bad ass at the time. The first game i got was Wing Commander. I had never played such an immersive and visually stunning game. For quite a while after that i was hooked on PC games

February 28, 2011 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Alex at February 28, 2011 at 1:07 AM

That sucks my friend...

I know, I just never had the opportunity to get into PC games.

--

February 28, 2011 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

AslBozz at February 28, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Alex at February 28, 2011 at 1:07 AM

That sucks my friend...

I know, I just never had the opportunity to get into PC games.

Yeah, same here. I was never (and still not) into computer games, definitely a console gamer all the way. Maybe it's because I didn't get a computer until I started middle school sometime during 1998. But I do have fond memories of playing Oregon Trail on Macintosh computers in school. The hunting game was always lots of fun.

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

February 28, 2011 at 11:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Oh wow, throwback, I have to find Oregon trail now, Played it in high school everyday when I got stuck in the library after lunch, lol!!

--

March 1, 2011 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

One day I'll upgrade to a gaming PC.

--

March 1, 2011 at 3:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I have a G3 mac computer with all of those old school games....

March 1, 2011 at 10:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Never been a Mac fan.

--

March 1, 2011 at 11:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Well it is too bad as it has Oregon Trail, and all the other goodies...

March 2, 2011 at 10:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Lol! Tempting.

--

March 2, 2011 at 1:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EVIL_SLEFO

A few things ....

Oregon Trail = Awesome. I was in grade school and in computer class that's all I played. I remember people would keep breaking their arm or get a fever and die lol. All I really wanted to do was shoot buffalo. 

I completly forgot about floppy and 3.5 discs. I remember when 3.5 came out it was such a big deal. I remember shopping at Office Max's bargain bin for the crapest games. 

Now, I'm a bit of a frugal pro when it comes to putting computers together. I just built one for my friend and am in the process of building one for my bro. 

In short, I can build a computer that can handle any game on market w/ high or ultra settings. With a 20" LED backlit monitor, I can build a super computer for $600. That's with an awesome monitor. I can also build a super computer for $400-$500 without monitor and depending what you want with it. 

If anyone is interested (no not looking to make any profit, I just think building computers is fun) let me know. I'd love to share advice or talk computers. 

--

March 6, 2011 at 4:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

EVIL_SLEFO

Also forgot, I got the hookup on all software for free, so that's some monster savings right there. Including Win7 ultimate that you can update and everything. 

--

March 6, 2011 at 4:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I may need your help!

I have a Lian Li balling case, it is huge with many different slots and etc, 2 different motherboards and so on.  I don't really know how to secure the board in there, and etc.. I wanted to make a monster computer for video processing and so on, or maybe a server.....

March 6, 2011 at 12:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

I definitely will be asking you a lot of questions, planning on building my own pc for media storage and playback, gonna need lots of help.

--

March 6, 2011 at 2:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.