Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Lowballers

Alex
Site Owner

Hey, I thought we could share our lowball stories... There should be good ones, where you offered less than it is worth, and they accepted, and so on...

But it could also be used here in this case, when someone is so utterly dumb, they should not be allowed to use the "internets"

alex silva <alex24silva@gmail.com

I have 30 cash

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/vgm/2121311952.html

this message was remailed to you via: sale-dcagm-2121311952@craigslist.org

me:

I have 3 bicycles..

When can I pick up

Me:  (I did not actually waste my time responding past the bicycle comment, but if I would have it would have been awesome, epic even...)

December 19, 2010 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

*update*

So when can I have the virtuous 30 dollars with Alexander name on them

December 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

genesisguy

That's pretty bad.  As a notorious garage sale lowballer myself I have to remind myself not to use those same tactics on craigslist.  Alex you and I have talked about this.

Nothing angers me more than making an  intitial agreement on the internet and then when meeting face to face the buyer tries haggling the price down. 

December 22, 2010 at 10:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

I've talked to people and agreed on a price and got to their place and they said that the price is higher because they looked it up >:-(

--

This silence is deafening......

December 22, 2010 at 3:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Ohh MG, hate it!

I agreed to sell a NES for a price with games.  Lady asked if she could get it for like $20 cheaper, my response:

"Sure, if I keep Mario 1,2, and 3" 

Her "Ill just tak all of it"

So annoying, I mean you don't try that shit at the grocery store do you?  There are rules here!

I have never had anyone try to pull the I looked it up, why wouldn't they just do it BEFORE they posted it!

It is one thing to try to bargain at a garage sale, people typically don't want stuff at them, and are willing to take much less.  If someone accepts your offer, obviously it wasn't that bad, or they had no idea.

I did get someone who had the most crazy lot of games ever.  Dk comp cart, PD Saga, Earthbound, etc and etc.  and they wanted something crazy, and we agreed at $400 for all of it...

It took this guy forever to respond, and I asked for his phone number like 3 times, and then I said something like "I would love to buy this stuff, but it seems you are reluctant to give me your phone number"... Evidently this pissed him off, and he freaked out, and was like now I am not going to sell it to you. I offered him like 5 bills and he didn't respond, and I emailed him later and he said he "sold it all on ebay", which I know if BS once again...

Obviously, the whole thing was bullshit, it was just too fishy..  It was one of those scammers, hopefully it is no one I know..

Please confirm it was BS, and console me fellow gamers!

December 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

R <hisxlnc2@gmail.com>

Will $100 cash  let you part with your PS3? New slim PS3 with 250 GB on following web site is selling for  $132. www.fakesite here com.

December 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

R <hisxlnc2@gmail.com>

Will $100 cash  let you part with your PS3? New slim PS3 with 250 GB on following web site is selling for  $132. www.fakesite here com.

December 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Yeah dude, I feel your pain, that was a scam, did he have pics of any of the games?

--

December 29, 2010 at 1:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

That happens to me too, all too often.  Either they agree to sell me something and never get back to me or agree to meet up and never show. Stupid Craigslist!

December 29, 2010 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

No pics, he was selling for his son, in the marines, or something, and he told him to sell it all.  I really doubt that someone with a DK competition, earthbound, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and etc, would know that it was worth some money, and it was bullshit...

This was the worst burn I ever had....( I also didn't buy 3 magical chase bundles that I should of)

December 30, 2010 at 12:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

I swear, I never even see anyone with a copy of Magical Chase anywhere.

--

December 30, 2010 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Well, then again ASL you probably don't look as hard as me!

June 1, 2011 at 12:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

i just had some asshole offer me $150 for all of this: http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/vgm/2417382122.html

--

you have to copy and paste my imageshack links, for some reason.

June 2, 2011 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EVIL_SLEFO

Hey all!

I found myself with an extra, sealed copy of The Witcher 2 for PC ... posted in on CL asking for a modest $40 ... some guy offered me $20 and several 06-08 sports games for the 360. Really?

Didn't even bother responding.

The best is when they say, "I'll take it off your hands RIGHT NOW for ($200 cheaper than what your are trying to get). My bro used to get iPhones and I would sell them on CL when they first came out ... dealt with A  LOT of low ballers then. I think they're such assholes. Haggling is one thing, but lowballing is so dirty.

--

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

June 8, 2011 at 12:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I will give you $10 for Withcher (never heard of it)

and $150 for Jeff's games.

Sorry , that was uncalled for...

June 9, 2011 at 1:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

EVIL_SLEFO

Alex at June 9, 2011 at 1:48 AM

I will give you $10 for Withcher (never heard of it)

and $150 for Jeff's games.

Sorry , that was uncalled for...

It is only the coolest modern RPG out right now. The type of game where the smallest decsion could lead you on a 20 chain quest.

Check it out here: http://pc.ign.com/objects/143/14345201.html

And yes, that was uncalled for. I'm going to get a pint of Ben and Jerrys now and cry for about an hour while watching daytime network TV. Thanks Alex.

--

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!

June 9, 2011 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.