Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Frosty Faustings 3 at Nickel City

SupaSaru

More info at Dustloop - http://www.dustloop.com/forums/content.php?100-Frosty-Faustings-III

They're holding the event at Nickel City.  They're only playing on consoles, though.... :\

Guilty Gear, Melty Blood and SSFIV tournaments.  I think it's $10 per tournament, but it's free to watch and support. :)

December 19, 2010 at 12:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I love nickel city, I think I may have to go, since I live like 10 minutes away!!!

Who's going???

December 19, 2010 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Drive 30 miles northeast from my home? Mmm, I'm not feeling it, sorry. I think I have found a new home, which is located in Brookfield, IL. :P

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

December 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Well.... I have nothing good to say about that Arod, so I am going to refrain!

December 19, 2010 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

All the fun stuff goes down after I leave for home, lol!!

--

This silence is deafening......

December 20, 2010 at 1:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SupaSaru

chany60126 at December 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Drive 30 miles northeast from my home? Mmm, I'm not feeling it, sorry. I think I have found a new home, which is located in Brookfield, IL. :P

From what I understand.... It was originally slated for Galloping Ghost, but since they want to use consoles (have to use consoles?) there just simply wasn't enough room.

So it was moved to Nickel City.

C'mon and make the drive! :)

December 27, 2010 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

I wish I could make it up for that, but we got hit with an ice storm and work picked up a lot down here.

--

December 27, 2010 at 3:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

I absolutely love Galloping Ghost Arcade. It is the biggest and best arcade I have ever been to. I had been meaning to go to Nickel City for quite some time, and nearly did until GGA opened up. That place is like a dream, it's almost like stepping into a time capsule. It is also quite advantageous to live about 5 miles away from Brookfield.

It is unfortunate that I never venture that far north and east on a regular basis with regards to Deerfield. Supa, how would you compare Nickel City to GGA?

--

December 27, 2010 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SupaSaru
To be honest... I haven't actually made it to Nickel City yet.... GGA is great, though I could understand the space concern that Faustings organizers had. There's no space at GGA that isn't taken up by a cab.... the way it should be. ;) I expect to be somewhat disappointed by Nickel City after seeing GGA.
December 27, 2010 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Can someone take pics of GGA the next time they go and post them please?

--

December 28, 2010 at 6:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Their website has a couple of pics. You can look at these: http://www.gallopingghostarcade.com/gallery.htm

--

December 28, 2010 at 11:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I grew up at nickel city.  I was there when it was "Super Just Games" birthday parties, weekends, weekdays, it was amazing.

It costs $2 to get in, or buy a package of 8 for like 13 or something...  They use nickels instead of quarters, which is very nice for more expensive games.

Under the free section; pac man ms pac man, TMNT, tetris, KING OF THE MONSTERS (same one from my childhood)

Time Crisis, is like 4 nickels, they have Marvel V. Capcom (I think), and some other fighters, a big ass party room, lots of ticket games,

All in all a great place.  I like to go there and hang for a few hours...

I have not been to GGA, so I can't compare, and it seems like no one has been to both!!

December 28, 2010 at 11:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

$2 ain't a bad deal at all, especially if you can play Pacman and TMNT all night long for free. Unfortunately for me, I would end up spending about $15-20 in gas just to get there and back. GGA has all of the cabs mentioned above except for Time Crisis, but I am still curious to see this place. I have been itching to go back to Six Flags, maybe during the summer I'll stop by on the way back if I go. That would not be too much of a detour for me.

--

December 29, 2010 at 1:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

$15-20 in gas ain't bad, think of what I have to spend to get there, lol!!

--

December 29, 2010 at 1:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Gas will be $5 a gallon in less than 2 years, I think.... Maybe you should get there before it becomes too much!

December 30, 2010 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Yeah, we just hit the $3 mark down here a few days ago, my neighbors are freaking out like it's Armaggedon, lol!!!

--

December 30, 2010 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SupaSaru
Babump! This is tomorrow!
January 7, 2011 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Stop rubbing it in Supa!!! LOL!!!

--

January 7, 2011 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Its free to watch right? If so i might just stop by and check it out. Im usually working in that area

January 7, 2011 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Stop rubbing it in Supa!!! LOL!!!

--

January 8, 2011 at 12:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.