Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Video Game Summit--Are you going?

evilslefo

Maybe there is a thread about this somewhere, maybe there isn't. Either way, I thought I'd start a fresh one as the Video Game Summit draws near. It's July 17th. 

I'm probably more excited about the VGS then anyone else. I've been into video games for a while now and collecting games casually (although my madness has accelerated quite a bit recently) for about a year. This is the FIRST forum I ever joined to talk about video games and the VGS will be my first event to get together with people like me. I'm really stoked about this, I even have it on my work calendar. 

ANYWAY, this is a post to see who's going. And maybe where to find one another. I figured we could start at the TG16 booth since one of our own is hosting it =)

--

Fire Emblem for the Gamecube is the best strategy RPG ever! Deal w/ it.

July 7, 2010 at 11:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Roy The Sunderer

Hi Evil. I'll be there too. This will also be my first year at the VGS. I'm excited about it as well. Good thing I get paid on the 15th so I'll have a few bucks to grab some more games. I might avoid the Turbo booth, I haven't been practicing my Military Madness tactics and Chany's out for blood. Maybe I'll go hang out with the Odyssey guys or something....

--

Geico saved 15% by switching to Chuck Norris.

July 7, 2010 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

It's a good idea to get a checklist going early on. Nice, Evil. I have been prepping for this event ever since January or February.

Ok guys let us know if you are coming or not. We know that Alex and Maxrage probably won't come due to personal reasons. Either way, let your voice be heard. I will PM those who don't respond on this thread. Since el capitan won't be assisting, I will be manning the ship. Under my administration, NO GAMER SHALL BE LEFT BEHIND.

- Sir Chany: High ranking officer of the lunar axis army.

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

July 8, 2010 at 12:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

:(, makes me sad, but happy that gaming must go on...

July 8, 2010 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

I will be there as well, with cash in hand. I'm super excited and am lookin forward to meeting you guys. I might not be able to compete in the TurboTurney but i'll see what i can do.

Hey chany, are you going to need any help setting up or in need of any equipment?

July 8, 2010 at 9:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Hey Crono, I don't think I need any assistence setting up the equipment. But thanks for asking. If you could bring along those awesome arcade joysticks that you made, that would be swell. I currently have 5 controllers, thanks to the ones Alex let me borrow. But those 2 you made would be a huge plus! :)

--

July 8, 2010 at 10:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

I should be there. Wife wants to come with.  I'm supposed to sell my AES and a few games to ASLBozz, but he is MIA lately...so i'm not 100% sure he's going. 

July 8, 2010 at 4:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

hopefully not my crossed swords :)...

I got a saturn you may be interested in and some other stuff....

Crono can wear an Alex name tag, if you make me look cool!

:)

July 9, 2010 at 12:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Sure thing, but only if i lose at the tourney. Then i shall re-enter as me ;)

July 9, 2010 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz
Yes, I will be there. I had some internet issues here, but they should be mostly solved for now. I will be attending the summit, and yes Jeff, I still want the Neo Geo, lol!!
--

This silence is deafening......

July 9, 2010 at 6:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

good to hear Bozz b/c i've had some interest in the systems.  

July 9, 2010 at 7:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Welcome back AslBozz!

July 9, 2010 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Maxrage

im waiting for the wife her due date is the 13th so i doubt ill be there she would kick my butt

--

July 10, 2010 at 12:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Maxrage at July 10, 2010 at 12:13 AM

im waiting for the wife her due date is the 13th so i doubt ill be there she would kick my butt

No problem Max. You gotta do what you gotta do. :)

Alex and I hope to do another one next year.

--

July 10, 2010 at 1:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Just to clarify, the address of the convention center is 665 W. North Ave in Lombard. It is smack dab in the corner of North Ave and Route 53 (Rohling Rd.) It is behind the Fairfield Inn and they share the same parking lot. Use that hotel as a guide.

--

July 10, 2010 at 1:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Hey chany, how is the food/drink situation there? Is there some kind of eatery?

July 10, 2010 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Hey Crono, there is a deli on the same floor as the VGS. They sell club sandwitches which are ok, might have some other stuff, I am not sure. There will be plenty of pop and chips for sale by the entrance.

--

July 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dan Iacovelli

I'm going (have to it's my show) :)

as food and drink, I don't think we will have sandwichs there cost is too high I will have pop and chips for sale at my tables. however there is a bk and micky d's right by the hotel. even though they don't allowed outside food in the place, you might be able to sneak it in.

I know I didn't have any sandwiches last year.

also goat store won't be at the show this year (dan has a family gathering and gary is out of town) if you order anything from goatstore before the 13th and use the code mentioned in the

press release you can have free pick up at the show.

--

Dan Iacovelli
 AVC Online:

VGS Website

July 11, 2010 at 2:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Is anyone going to be there from the south suburbs?

--

This silence is deafening......

July 15, 2010 at 11:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hawkheart

I just know I'm angry because I would go but that's the day I leave for New Orleans…grr...

--

You will all DIE one day.  Get over it and move on.  Live life while you can.

July 15, 2010 at 11:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.