Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Brick and Mortar Stores

Alex
Site Owner

OK, I can't remember if we did this before....  Illinois Stores..

1.  People Play Games

2.  Videogames (etc?)

3.  Place in Mall way up north Volo

4.  Half Price Books

5.  I have not been to a play and trade!!

and I am forgetting a few!!!!

I found a few places when I was on my business trip... I was so bored that I went to the mall, as there was nothing else to do in the city... I was excited when I saw a radio shack, since I worked at the Northbrook Store, before those bastards closed it up.. But, I kept walking, and found a honest to goodness gaming store!  Which is so dumb, since I was searching on the internet, for places to go and, this NEVER came up.  Now, even after I was searching for it, I cannot find the name of it!!!  I got the ps2 stuff and 1 snes, and 2 nes games there...

By the airport, today before I left, I searched again and found another place and got the power plug and other stuff... I had a toxic crusaders in box, resealed for 3 bucks, and I put it down, as no on was in the store... Big mistake, as some bastard came in and picked it up, it was totally my fault...

And I had a nightmare, where I went to a game store, and they had a ton of turbo grafx stuff, and I decide to keep looking around before I start picking what I want to buy, and all that stuff gets bought, because I wanted to check it out..

Long story, if you see something you want (craigslist, thrifting, store, etc) get it ASAP, or I (or someone else) might!!!

-A

June 18, 2010 at 1:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

Disc Replay.

Play N Trade is decent. They are all independently owned, so they are all different.

oh and not to be a dick, but its Brick and "Mortar"

June 18, 2010 at 2:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Really it is not Brick and Mortal?  :)

June 18, 2010 at 2:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

i wish it was! haha

June 18, 2010 at 2:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

I think that just about covers it for the area, i cant think of anything else.  I did a google search to see if there is some other place that was missed, and i found this place

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=939837580742430694&q=cyber+knight+games+roselle+%26+wise&hl=en&gl=us&ved=0CA0QtQU&ei=tK4bTIGMFoPSM4Ss7WY&ie=UTF8

Its only about 10min from me, so im probly goin to check it out this weekend.

I took the trip to that place in Volo recently. They had a ton of 8 and 16bit classics, but all way overpriced. The owner wasnt around for me to haggle with though

June 18, 2010 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

That Cyb games looks really interesting. Please give us a scouting report Crono with regards to retro stuff, I live all the way in Elmhurst..

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

June 18, 2010 at 2:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I thought the Cyb was a place I already went... The address and layout of the store seemed very similar to the other place I went..

Super Cheap Dvds is actually pretty cool, they have a bunch, nes, snes, ps2, xbox, 360, ps2, some ps1, some 32x, gameboy, gba, controllers, cables etc.... They post a ton of stuff on craigslist for pickup at the store...

Anyway the addresses are pretty close to each other, so check out both if you are going to schamburg!

1128 South Roselle Road, Schaumburg, IL‎ - (847) 352-2106‎

June 19, 2010 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Oh yeah, i forgot about that place. I go there every once in a while after a fantastic breakfast at Richard Walkers

June 19, 2010 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

What is Richard Walkers, Walker Bros? 

They had some decent deals, and post a shit ton of stuff on craigslist...

June 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Its a breakfast restaurant that is awesome. I dont know if its related to Walker Bros., it kinda looks the same but the food is different. Richard Walkers is in the same strip mall as Super Cheap DVDs.

June 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Mmm breakfast...

June 19, 2010 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

There is this place you should go to today only... Lamestop has buy 2 get one free, so it is 33 percent off, which is pretty good for their standards... After today, the sale is over, so it sucks, don't go...

:)

June 20, 2010 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

evilslefo

Have any of you guys ever been to "Videogames, Then and Now?"

It's a pretty cool place, nothing is in any order whatsover, which is kind of fun. They have all sorts of stuff, from SNES to NES, Atari. Not sure about TG16 or AES, though I never checked for that when I last went.

Located @ 4351 N Harlem, Noridge Illinois.

Last I checked, he sells SNES' for $50, NES' for $50. Forgot about other systems. He did have some rare games under some case though.....

--

Fire Emblem for the Gamecube is the best strategy RPG ever! Deal w/ it.

June 21, 2010 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

evilslefo at June 21, 2010 at 5:38 PM

It's a pretty cool place, nothing is in any order whatsover, which is kind of fun. They have all sorts of stuff, from SNES to NES, Atari. Not sure about TG16 or AES, though I never checked for that when I last went.

Last I checked, he sells SNES' for $50, NES' for $50. Forgot about other systems. He did have some rare games under some case though.....

I still call that place by its former name, Videogames ETC. I like that place. I go there about once a month since it is relatively close to my location. The prices are a little hit and miss, but I just love how they carry a variety of items as you mentioned. I go there mainly for their T-16 games.

I think People Play Games in Chicago is a little better IMHO. They have a great variety of games and their owner is really friendly. It's at 3268 N Clark St. (Right by the intersection of Clark and Belmont).  But both places are well worth checking out.

--

June 21, 2010 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

I went to that Cyber Knight place today. They mostly had "newer stuff", used 360, PS3, PS2 and Wii games. Only thing old they had was 2 dreamcast games and copy of Super Mario 2.  The guy working there was super nice though and he said he would take just about any game for trade in value.

I'll put Videogames, Then and Now on my list of places to check out

June 21, 2010 at 6:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

evilslefo

chany60126 at June 21, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I still call that place by its former name, Videogames ETC. I like that place. I go there about once a month since it is relatively close to my location. The prices are a little hit and miss, but I just love how they carry a variety of items as you mentioned. I go there mainly for their T-16 games.

I think People Play Games in Chicago is a little better IMHO. They have a great variety of games and their owner is really friendly. It's at 3268 N Clark St. (Right by the intersection of Clark and Belmont).  But both places are well worth checking out.

Will def check out People Play Games...I used to live in Wriggleyville near Addison and Racine, so I HATE THE TRAFFIC there, especially on a cubs game...

And you're right, it was videogames etc, havent been there in a while, prob gonna stop by sometime soon...

--

June 21, 2010 at 7:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

evilslefo at June 21, 2010 at 7:08 PM

chany60126 at June 21, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Will def check out People Play Games...I used to live in Wriggleyville near Addison and Racine, so I HATE THE TRAFFIC there, especially on a cubs game...

And you're right, it was videogames etc, havent been there in a while, prob gonna stop by sometime soon...

You got that right, lefo. Parking is an absolute bitch at PPG, especially if you go at night. I always go right when they open at 12 PM. I get to park right in front of the store no prob.

Yeah Crono, definitely check out Videogames ETC. They actually have quite a few of the 3DO games that you are into.

--

June 21, 2010 at 7:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I haven't had any problems finding parking right in front of PPG... Video games in Norridge, has some AES and turbo grafx stuff for sure...

June 21, 2010 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff

Alex at June 21, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I haven't had any problems finding parking right in front of PPG... Video games in Norridge, has some AES and turbo grafx stuff for sure...

any good AES stuff? I need to get up there.  there isn't a whole lot out my way other than disc replay and play n trade

June 21, 2010 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

evilslefo

Just on a side note guys, my uncle used to own a video store. The store burned down some time ago, right around when disc replay just opened. All of his movies were stored in his basement. 

So, my cousin and I would fill up like 200 VHS movies in a garbage bag and take them to Disc Replay. They paid $2 a pop per movie. Back then, I was like 12-13, and $400 was a sweet deal. That money was immediatly spent at Funcoland (now Gamestop), which was in the same plaza (Village Crossing). 

--

June 22, 2010 at 9:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.