Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Your on an island...

evilslefo

and you can have one game to play for, say, the next three years. What would you play?

I ask because I've actually said this to friends. I'll give you an example.

"Dude, that's totally a game i'd play if I was stuck on an island." No joke, I really do say that.

Anyway, I wonder what the community would play if they were stuck on an island. Me? Hands down, World of Warcraft. It would give me a great excuse to play the game and not feel guilty about it. (When I play a lot of WoW, I tend to ask myself, "what am I doing with my life!)

If it couldn't be an online game, then, probably, Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea for PS2. The latter would let me level up and play forever.

Feel free to share what you would play below, I'm curious.

--

Fire Emblem for the Gamecube is the best strategy RPG ever! Deal w/ it.

June 16, 2010 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

I am strictly a retro gamer, although I did indulge a little into PS2 territory at some point during my life.

Limiting myself to one game is kind of tough. I love my Mega Man X's, Super Mario's and Castlevanias, but you can beat those games a certain number of times before it gets old.

My nod would go to Super Ghouls and Ghosts. I am sure this pick seems like it came out of left field, and perhaps it did. I just love awesome this game looks on the SNES. Everything about the game is... well.... super: the graphics, sound, control. and yes the difficulty. This is a game that I have never really given the time and effort to beat. It's just so damn hard, I tend to pick up something else to play instead of perservering with the hundreds of games that I have. Everything is out to get you, even opening up treasure chests is no safe bet. It doesn't help that you have to beat the game twice to get the ending.

I know these are massochistic thoughts. But hey, maybe this will reduce the amount of time I spend in purgatory once my time is up...

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

June 18, 2010 at 1:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

King of the monsters 2... It is just so hard, and so much fun with 2 players... Plus many hours of my life were wasted at the arcade... I don't think I have beaten it at the arcade....

June 18, 2010 at 1:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

evilslefo

lol Ghouls and Ghost's was a pain in the ass! It is still a pretty awesome game, and I could see it taking years to master. 

Haven't heard of King of Monsters 1 or 2, but I'm going to check the out. 

--

June 18, 2010 at 7:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

I'm going to go with the obvious and pick Chrono Trigger. I would finally get around to seeing all 13 endings.

Just thought about something, i wonder if the battery is still good in my SNES copy. I wouldnt mind starting a New Game+ of Chrono Trigger again

June 18, 2010 at 9:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

evilslefo

CronoMagus at June 18, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I'm going to go with the obvious and pick Chrono Trigger. I would finally get around to seeing all 13 endings.

Just thought about something, i wonder if the battery is still good in my SNES copy. I wouldnt mind starting a New Game+ of Chrono Trigger again

OMG! Great pick, even though its obvious.

I've been wanting a SNES and this game for some time. Once I get some $ and find the right deal, those two will be my first purchase. I'd love to catch all 13 endings too...

--

June 20, 2010 at 8:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Marvel vs. Capcom 3, I'm addicted!!

--

This silence is deafening......

February 19, 2011 at 3:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Ive got you covered..

I have a couple Sneses (sp?)

and they are in great shape...

February 21, 2011 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Alex at February 21, 2011 at 2:20 PM

Ive got you covered..

I have a couple Sneses (sp?)

and they are in great shape...

You should totally get a booth to sell some games at the VGS, AL. You've got lots of great stuff.

--

February 21, 2011 at 2:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I do have a TON of stuff, and now no job, so even $25 seems like a bit...

February 21, 2011 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

I think $25 is reasonable if you ask me. It's not like you are selling at some flea market, the people that come are looking only for retro video games. Other game shows charge moneybags to vendors. The show runs from 11-6, so that's seven hours of selling to retrogaming hungry people such as ourselves. You know all of us will want to buy at least something from you. You've gots lots of rare and desirable items such as the Atari 7800 system, 5200 and best of all, T-16 stuffs that you just don't see in the wild. You can easily recoup your money by the sale of one system or one or two games. Think of it this way, how much do you have to pay in gas money to meet some doushchebag off CL only to ditch you at the last second? I beg you to reconsider.

--

February 21, 2011 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Speaking of douches, I was trying to buy MW2, Little Big Planet, LBP2, Drake 2, for $70, and I agreed to meet at 12, and I went there, and called texted him and etc.  I called his house number, and some woman, said there was no joe there, and so on.  He texts me 5.4 hours later telling me LBP2 is now $50 instead of the $30 we agreed to, and not even a sorry for not responding at all and wasting your gas and time, and then texting me and calling me to try to come back and buy more.  No thanks...

I will probably do it Chany..

February 21, 2011 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Yeah Alex, you know you'll make a lot of really good sells with the group if you bring anything.

--

February 22, 2011 at 12:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Yeah, I will have to do it....

However, I will need a Semi truck...

February 22, 2011 at 2:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Sure you can't Tetris everything into a Gremlin? LOL!!

--

February 22, 2011 at 2:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

I may even suggest a double booth with all the stuff you have.

--

February 22, 2011 at 9:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Yeah, we should have enough table space for the bulk of what you bring.

--

February 22, 2011 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Basically one booth consists of 3 (2x5) tables. But Dan said he could accomodate 2 booths side by side if you give him enough notice before the spots fill in.

--

February 22, 2011 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Yeah, you should email Dan today Alex.

--

February 22, 2011 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.