Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > Troubleshooting

Alex
Site Owner

So I thought we could start a tricks and tips maybe in the wiki... But, the wiki software is kinda buggy and would not let me open a new tab, so maybe you guys can try!

I have a super nintendo that used to work, but now only turns on for a second... There is an inner fuse, but I have not gotten to it yet, and I was going to document it...

March 7, 2010 at 12:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Maxrage

tips and tricks would be sweet old skool nintendo power style

--

March 7, 2010 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

OK, so when you have an original NES, and the spring is broken, ie the game does not stay down in the toaster style nes, I have a easy ghetto fix.. You put the cartridge in, and then you stick another nes game inside on top of it, and voila!  It plays games just fine!!

March 7, 2010 at 10:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Maxrage

wowo i would have searched all over the house for something to cram in there good looking out dude ill try that if mine ever breaks

--

March 7, 2010 at 10:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I did the same thing, looking for balsa wood, sponge, a book and nothing worked... Then I got that idea, and it worked perfect.  The springs should not break tho.  I had one that broke, and then I was testing some nes, and kind of pressing down, and in hindsight too hard, and I broke another one and had to figure it out!

March 7, 2010 at 10:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

I am so glad I don't have to resort to these household remedies anymore. Top Loader all the way baby. :cool: Sorry Alex...

March 7, 2010 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I know... I almost bought one when I was in Oregon, but the person never got back to me... I can clean out a nes and make it work well.  The NES I am playing on right now, has NEVER not loaded a game correctly, no blowing, no nothing.  I did however just curse myself by bragging about it.  My neighbors have a top loader, snes, and tons of amazing games, and everything... I want it all so bad, none of the kids play it, and two of them wanted to just give it to me, but their mom wants to keep it if/when they ever have kids,   ahhhh!

March 8, 2010 at 12:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

genesisguy

Unless you do some modding you will never get as good of a picture out of a toploader as you will the original toaster. 

A troubleshooting page is a good idea.  I thought my original NES was doomed to that annoying blinking until I found a troubleshooting guide years ago on replacing the pin connector.  I think that was probably what got me back into old games.

March 8, 2010 at 9:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Go0mba

lol the two cartridge trick works too. ive done that to make games work, not because the loader is broken.. i guess it's a universal fix. anyone remember flipping the ps1 upside down at a 30 degree angle to make it read sometimes? haha i might be the only one.

March 8, 2010 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Wow, genesis guy, bringing out the wisdom!  I would never deal with an RF if I don't have to, hence the Turbo grafx cd add on...mmmm rca outs................... I have found a good cleaning has usually never hurt anything too bad... There are some good guides out there, but I want some in here... That wiki could be cool, maybe you guys can get a new page, mine just sits there.....

I was thinking of basically copying this site, or changing it, but keeping everything, and moving it directly to videogames4trade.com, instead of using the .webs.com system... Any thoughts?

March 8, 2010 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

I had same issue as genesisguy did with my NES, it did the flashy thing with most games. I replaced the 72pin connector and never had a problem after that.

Every one of my PS1s had to stand on it side in order to work, usually after months of play. I thought thats why the PS2 had a vertical stand when it launched, cuz you were gonna have to eventually put it on its side anyways!

March 8, 2010 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

If any of you own a Xbox 360, there is a fix for the unreadable disc error. You basica;;y have to dismantle the console down t the disc drive. Once there, open it up and there will be a magnet that holds the disc spinner in place, what happen is over time the glue dissolves and the magnet comes loose and sticks to the spinner. Just grab some Gorrila Glue, and put that sucker back in it's proper place. You should never have that problem again!!

March 9, 2010 at 12:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Hmmm, I just got the original ps1 with the RCA on the back!  And it had resident evil director's edition inside and works like a charm...

I bought an xbox 360 on craigslist cheap, with no cable or anything... I brought it to lamestop and they showed me that it did not turn on... I guess i need someone to help me fix that mess!  I also need a nes 72 pin connector, and a pico fuse for the snes, and my 2 TG that are broken, and my neo geo!!

March 9, 2010 at 1:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

I just found out my copy of Splatterhouse doesnt work anymore. I tried cleaning it but i just get a white screen, what the hell!? How can a HuCard go bad?

March 22, 2010 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Durandal

2 things to try. 

first, make sure the pins on the card are untarnished.  If there is any, clean them, if it won't rub off, you can use a very very very very fine grit sand paper, and lightly rub the pins clean. 

white screem may be a bad contact on the inside of the cart.  heating the card might fix the problem.  Use a hair dryer on low for a few minutes.  Make sure to hold it several inches away.  Let it cool, and try it. (this works for Master System hu cards, I've done it, never on the TG but they are made the same. so)

--

Add me on Xbox Live: PinchMyHandle

March 22, 2010 at 10:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I had a problem where a card didn't work so you kind of have to push it in a certain amount, too far and it won't read, and not far enough and it can't read it...  Maybe try a different TG if possible...

March 22, 2010 at 10:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

OK, so I bought a Turbo Duo about a month and a half ago for a good price. When I tested it, I had to turn the volume way up to hear it well. I thought that was strange, but I thought nothing much of it and put the system into storage. I then found a permanent place for it in my basement. I played it extensively yesterday and noticed some problems. 

Once again I had to turn the volume all the way up, but the sound was still clear. 2 hours into gameplay however, the sound started fading in and out. Then the music and sound effects started getting staticky and crackily. Then about 3 hours into gameplay, the sound completely went out and didn't come back the rest of the day. I turned the system today, and the system was again staticky and cracking. The sound went out completely after 20 mins.

After doing some research, I believe I might need to replace some dead capacitors inside the system. I tested out the sound through the Duo's headphone jack and the sound was still cracking, so I know I don't have a faulty AV cable. I have yet to open up the system since I am missing the 4.5 MM security bit, but I kinda don't like messing around with soldering and such, but I might have to... I realize most of you don't own a Duo except for Alex. If any of you have had this problem with the Duo or any other system, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

June 6, 2010 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I have heard about that online... It may be overheating as well... Are you using original discs?

June 6, 2010 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Alex at June 6, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I have heard about that online... It may be overheating as well... Are you using original discs?

I use nothing but original discs. I mean, I was only playing Air Zonk and Blazing Lazers on the Duo the past couple of days. The only CD game I popped in was Gate of Thunder just to test it out. It seems like this sound issue is pretty common in Duos...

At least my TG-16 + CD is still in great working condition which is what I have been using all along.

--

Plok for the SNES, go play it NOW.

June 6, 2010 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Sad Panda... I hear the caps need to be changed on a lot of TG expresses....

June 7, 2010 at 1:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.