Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > How Many Missing?

AslBozz

Exactly how many games does YOUR collection need to be completed?

I'm still in the high 700's

February 24, 2010 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

So, do you mean like the whole collection or a set of stuff?  I don't think you can ever really complete your video game collection? :) Right...

February 24, 2010 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Go0mba

personally my collection wil only consist of games i like and will find replay value in.  ive run into many rare finds, and had to pass simply because i cant spend money on something i get no use or satisfaction of playing.  i restarted my n64 and nes collection. working on sega and ps1. adding to my wii, ps3, ds collection.  ill get ps2 going in a few years..lol

February 24, 2010 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Lol, right, I only mean what games and systems you need to complete what you really want. My list is covering systems and games from the U.S. and Japan

February 24, 2010 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

My ps2 collection is the largest so far, mostly because I love rpg's and want every one that came out for the ps2

February 24, 2010 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I need like 14 games to complete my turbo grafx collection.  Magical chase is on the top of that amazing list, and some crappy sports games, which should not be that difficult to find!

February 25, 2010 at 12:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Oh yeah, you can find sports games by the bushel. there is a store in Orland Park named Disc Replay that has a lot of the older sports games.

February 25, 2010 at 1:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Go0mba

yea i frequent disc replay here in hoffman estates and bloomingdale and a place called play n trade in bloomingdale as well.

really looking for back to the future NES, Ninja Gaiden 1,2 NES, TOMBA! PSX, Bust A Groove 2 PSX, Klonoa PSX, FFVII PSX, FFVIII PSX, Sonic 3 SEGA, Einhander PSX

February 25, 2010 at 3:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Disc Replay is tight. They price pretty reasonably too. Great selection of retro: SNES, NES, n64, PS1 and Genesis. I have found that the one in Bloomingdale is the best, although the one in Hoffman is not far off. It's a shame these stores don't carry much Dreamcast, Saturn.

Hey Goomba, have you checked out Half-Price Books in Bloomingdale?? It is a couple of stores away from Disc Replay next to Office Max and they get retro games there often and at ridiculously low prices. I was able to get a Four Score and LOLO for the NES for a buck a piece a month back. The last time I went they even had a Master System for sale.

Play N Trade is cool too. I like how you can play games before you buy them, even the old stuff. I live half a mile from the one in Elmhurst and peops that work there are cool.

February 25, 2010 at 10:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Ok, I need to visit every place each one of you mentioned!! I live out of state and all we have is the abomination for a game store. There is one place in Lexington that sells classic games called 3D Games, it's where I got my NGage.

February 25, 2010 at 3:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I like the dedicated stores that sell only games.. But, it is nice to mosey into the stores that have no idea of how to price stuff... That is how I got mario kart GBA for 3.99, and then a week or two later it was for sale for 33.99... 

Wasn't the ngage a phone or something like that?

February 25, 2010 at 11:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

A: I believe the closest Disc Replay location to you is at Skokie. Sure it's no PPG or VG ETC, but at least it's not Gameflop. Gosh I hate that store. This behemoth gobbled up two of my favorite stores: Funcoland and Babbages.

The NGage, surely you must remember that. It was nicknamed the "taco" phone.

February 26, 2010 at 12:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

yeah, I kind of do... I thought it was a phone that gamed?  I like tacos...

I loved babbages!! I started writing about my love for it on my blog, but then saved it, so I could spend more time on it...

February 26, 2010 at 12:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Go0mba

i remember funcoland, babbages, and software etc.. all now owned by gamestop.  the ngage is the tmobile game phone thing.. actually the disc replay in hoffman estates has a few games (splinter cell is one of them)..

as for disc replay, i find the hoffman location to have the best treasures.. bloomingdale has alot too but i never seem to find anything real special amongst them.. i went to the touhy location and it sucked balls as far as gaming, although they did have a sega master system for 40..

February 26, 2010 at 5:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Yeah, the taco sucked, lol. But I have the QD

February 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

What is the QD??

February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

The NGage QD, lol. They came out with a second version that didn't make you look lke you were talking into a grey taco, lol

March 1, 2010 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

I miss Babbages so much, and EB games. Lamestop forgot what the customers where all about in they're stores

March 1, 2010 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Yea, i miss Babbages and Software etc. too. Flea markets are always good hunting grounds for classic games. One just opened up here in Palatine, one of these days ill check it out

March 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

What is the name of it Crono??

March 1, 2010 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.