Video Games 4 Trade

Retro Video Games for Trade or Sale Nintendo Super Grafx Neo Geo

Forums

Forum Home > Welcome to the Forums > The First, and Favorite One

AslBozz

Hey everyone, what was your first game? And then what was your favorite?

My first game was actually pong, it was a standalone controller that plugged directly into the coaxial node on the back of the tv.

My favorite game would still have to be Final Fantasy VII.

February 24, 2010 at 5:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

I think it had to be Super Mario Bros for the Nes.. It was so hot, and still is!  How can you have a favorite game, I love them all too much!

February 24, 2010 at 8:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Go0mba

my first video game ever was super mario for NES and as far as favorite there really isnt one. as far as hours put into it though, it'd be cod4 basically for the multiplayer, for party: goldeneye, and for solo: final fantasy vii and x

February 24, 2010 at 9:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

I only have a favorite because at any time I can pick it back up and start where I left off and not be lost, LOL!!!!!!!!!

February 24, 2010 at 7:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

I was a product of the 16-bit generation, so my first game was naturally Super Mario World. It was and still is a pretty cool game. It is always fun trying to discover all the secret locations that lead to the star road and finding the different colored Yoshis (Yellow Yoshi PWNS all!).

As far as fave game, that is a very tough question, too many to pick from. I think we should start a thread about our fave game from a specific system and say why we like it.

February 25, 2010 at 10:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Damn youngings! :)

February 28, 2010 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

My first game was After Burner for the Sega Master System. I played that game for about 12 hours straight when i got it. I remember that i thought it was so amazing that i could play my favorite arcade game at home, and i didnt even have to put quarters in it!

February 28, 2010 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Mmmm, I love after burner.. I got a SMS like a year ago, I had never heard of it until then.  I still think it is so cool that they take the cards or the games, way ahead of it's time... Welcome, CronoMagus!!

February 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

And the cards are cheap if you find them!

March 1, 2010 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bill M

Pitfall for the Atari 2600.  That was the first game I think I seriously tried to master.  As far as a favorite?  I think I'm going to have to go with Chrono Trigger for SNES.  Still searching for a copy of that one.  When did SNES RPG's become so damn rare??

March 2, 2010 at 10:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

They became rare when people started to realize the depth of the storylines and gamepaly involved in SNES RPG's, LOL

March 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex
Site Owner

Or when someone said, I am not selling that, for less than $30, and then people caught on... and kept raising prices...

March 2, 2010 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Maxrage

my first game was crystal castle for atari  FAVORITE is Shadow of the colossus for ps2

March 2, 2010 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Shadow of the Colossus, how was that Maxrage?

And A, you're absolutely right!!

March 3, 2010 at 12:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

i mentioned my first but not my favorite, Crono Trigger!

March 3, 2010 at 12:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AslBozz

Um, CronoMagus, that was kind of obvious Bro, LOL!!!

Why was it your favorite?

March 3, 2010 at 1:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

chany60126

Yeah guys, lets try to be a little more descriptive about why we like our games.  I think a paragraph or two would suffice. Just follow my example from the best NES, SNES games.

March 3, 2010 at 8:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Maxrage

Shadow of the collosus was amazing for the simple fact there were i think 18 baddies and the fights with these enemies were like play a great mythological adventure game you have to find a way to climb these giants and slay them. After you do this for the first time it was such a rush i had to play more and more the fights are epic and huge as well as very challenging plus these collosi have done nothing wrong they are just living in peice but you need to slay them to save youre girl so its kind of like you feel bad about doing so but its the only way .

It is A MUST HAVE for any true gamer if you have not played it get it NOW you will not be let down but a copy can be pricey and hard to find in game stores so you may need to goto e-bay

--

March 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CronoMagus

Chrono Trigger was the first game where i felt i had an emotional attachment to the characters. Durin my first playthru i could think of nothing else but that world square created for me. I was in high school at the time, and i remember ditching my last three classes just so i could get home and finish the story.  At that time no other media had affected me that much, no books, music, nor movies.  It was also one of my first entries into JRPGs. Untill then i had mostly played "western" RPGs on the PC and didnt realize that such a great story could be told through an SNES cart.

and Shadow of the Collosus was fantasitic! I think it was one of the best games of the ps2/xbox/gc era

March 3, 2010 at 9:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Go0mba

i just picked up an original shadow of the colossus with black label (which are harder to come by than red labels) and a copy of nfs most wanted black edition.. both are worth a little over 50 on ebay right now.. i guess some ps2 games are becoming worth something now..

March 3, 2010 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.