Weber Sober Homes
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Date: / /2020
I __________________________________________ hereby agree to the following terms:
Social Security or DL #: _______________________________
I am requesting housing with Weber Sober Homes (the “House”) because I have been diagnosed as, or it is understood that I am, an alcoholic or drug addict in need of a safe and sober place to recover. Please initial if true: ____
1. Drug/Alcohol Use: THE USE OF ALCOHOL AND DRUGS IS PROHIBITED. I UNDERSTAND THAT I WILL BE DISCHARGED FROM THE HOUSE IF I ENGAGE IN ANY ALCOHOL OR DRUG USE. The House is a recovery environment. Any behavior not conducive to a recovery environment, (for example, lying, being deceitful, and/or covering up someone else’s drug or alcohol use while in the House), is grounds for dismissal. If I know someone has used and I don’t report it, I understand that I will be kicked out, PERIOD.
2. Meetings. THIS IS A TWELVE-STEP RECOVERY HOUSE. I WILL GO TO A MEETING EVERY DAY FOR THE FIRST 90 DAYS I LIVE IN THE HOUSE. AFTER THE FIRST 90 DAYS I LIVE IN THE HOUSE, I WILL GO TO AT LEAST FOUR TO FIVE MEETINGS A WEEK. Slips are to be turned into SAFE each Wednesday. Failure to show proof of meetings will result in loss of pass 1st time, 2nd time discharge. Slips MUST be stamped or signed by secretary of meeting, NO EXCEPTIONS! ( if A NON-SIGNING MEETINGsigning for meeting ask someone)
3. Curfew. CURFEW AT JOEY V. HOUSE IS 10:00 P.M. SUNDAY THROUGH THURSDAY AND 12:00 A.M. FRIDAY & SATURDAY. I AGREE TO BE AT THE HOUSE BEFORE CURFEW. I AGREE NOT TO STAY AWAY FROM THE HOUSE WITHOUT PERMISSION. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE DOORS WILL BE LOCKED AT CURFEW HOURS, NO EXCUSES. NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO OPEN FRONT DOOR FOR ANYONE AFTER CURFEW, ANYONE CAUGHT WILL BE DISCHARGED. Once in for curfew, smoking is permitted only in the designated smoking area, NO VISITORS.
4. House Activities. I AGREE TO PARTICIPATE IN ALL MANDATORY ACTIVITIES SCHEDULED. I AGREE TO ATTEND ALL HOUSE MEETINGS.
5. Smoking. SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED IN OR IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE. SMOKING IS PERMITTED ONLY IN DESIGNATED AREAS. ON RAINY WEATHER ONLY, SMOKING IS PERMITTED IN THE GARAGES WITH THE BAY DOOR OPEN! VIOLATORS WILL BE DISCHARGED FROM THE HOUSE. BUTTS ARE TO GO IN CAN IN SMOKING AREA!
6. Loitering. HANGING OUT, SMOKING OR LOITERING IN THE FRONT OF THE HOUSE IS NOT PERMITTED.
7. Visitors. NO VISITORS ARE ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE.
8. Appointments. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ALL DSS & OUT-PATIENT APPOINTMENTS.
9. Rent. I AM RESPONSIBLE TO PAY MY RENT ON TIME. RENT OF $150.00 IS DUE EVERY FRIDAY BY 6:00 P.M. RENT IS TO BE TURNED IN TO THE SAFE AT JOEY V. IF RENT IS NOT PAID WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE DUE DATE, I UNDERSTAND THAT I WILL BE DISCHARGED. IF DISCHARGED, I HAVE ONE WEEK TO PICK UP MY BELONGINGS OR THEY WILL BE CONSIDERED A CONTRIBUTION TO THE HOUSE. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT ENTITLED TO ANY REFUNDS, NO MATTER WHEN I AM DISCHARGED.
10. Employment. I UNDERSTAND THAT I MUST LEAVE THE HOUSE AT 9:00AM TO PURSUE EMPLOYMENT AND RETURN NO EARLIER THAN 3:00 PM. IF I AM NOT WORKING YET, I MUST HAVE A JOB WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF ARRIVAL TO THE HOUSE. IF I DO NOT HAVE A JOB WITHIN TWO WEEKS OF ARRIVAL, I AGREE TO LEAVE THE HOUSE. If I work a night job, I must make noon meetings. I must have off at least three nights a week for night meetings. I must turn in my weekly work schedules and I must report to the House immediately if my work requires me to be out past curfew.
11. Property. I WILL NOT DEFACE OR DESTROY ANY PROPERTY OF THE HOUSE. If I destroy any property of the House, either intentionally or negligently, I understand that I will be responsible to fix any damage I cause.
12. Theft/Violence. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO STEALING. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PHYSICAL OR VERBAL VIOLENCE
13. Weapons. THERE ARE NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE OR ON THE PREMISES. THIS INCLUDES USE OF ANY ITEM AS A WEAPON. VIOLATORS WILL BE DISCHARGED FROM THE HOUSE AND THE POLICE WILL BE CALLED.
14. Sexual Activity. SEXUAL ACTIVITY IS NOT PERMITTED IN THE HOUSE OR ON THE PREMISES.
15. Pornography. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PORNOGRAPHY ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE. THIS INCLUDES MAGAZINES, MOVIES, AND THE INTERNET.
16. Sleeping. SLEEPING ON COUCHES, CHAIRS, ETC., IN COMMON AREAS IS NOT PERMITTED.
17. Cleaning/Cooking. I WILL TO CARRY OUT MY ASSIGNED CLEANING SCHEDULE DAILY. I will keep my bed neat and MY room clean at all times. I WILL KEEP THE KITCHEN, LIVING ROOM AND BATHROOM CLEAN AT ALL TIMES. COOKING IS SHUT DOWN AT 12:00 A.M. SUN-THURS AND 2 A.M. FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AND WASHING CLOTHES WILL BE DONE BEFORE 11 PM AT NIGHT. ABSOLUTELY NO EATING IN ROOMS OR LIVING ROOMS. NO OPEN DRINKS IN ROOMS MUST BE BOTTLED WATER.
18. Hygiene. I WILL MAINTAIN PROPER HYGIENE AT ALL TIMES.
19. Noise. LOUD RADIO, TELEVISION OR ACTIVITY AFTER 8:00 P.M. IS NOT PERMITTED. LIVING ROOM TV’S OFF BY MIDNIGHT DURING THE WEEK AND 1 AM ON WEEKENDS.
20. Testing. I AM WILLING TO TAKE A DRUG URINALYSIS AT ANY TIME. PANTS AND BOXERS MUST BE DROPPED TO THE FLOOR WITH ONE HAND HOLDING UP SHIRT. I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE A 15 MINUTE ON DEMAND OR LEAVE POLICY. IF THERE IS A NEED TO SEND OUT FOR FURTHER TESTING, THAT TESTING WILL BE AT YOUR EXPENSE OR ON YOUR INSURANCE, WHICHEVER IS NEEDED. BATH SALTS, SPICE, AND DXM ARE DONE AT OUTSIDE TESTING SITES. ALL LABS IN HOUSE ARE INCLUDED IN YOUR RENT-IF WE CANT FIND WHAT YOU ARE USING-AKA BALTH SALT'S, K2, ETC.. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF FURTHER OFF SITE TESTING OF YOUR CHOICE. WE THOUGHT THIS WAS CLEAR IN RULE 2O BUT FELLT THE NEED TO CLARIFY. BEST POLICY ADMIT YOU HAD A SLIP AND AVOID ALL THIS AND WE CAN WORK WITH YOU. WE TAKE ABSOLUTLEY NO INSURANCE PAYMAENTS FOR ANTHING.
21. Pets. NO PETS ALLOWED.
22. Probation. I UNDERSTAND THAT AS A NEW RESIDENT, I WILL BE ON A 30 DAY PROBATION.
23. Passes. PASSES ARE GRANTED AFTER 30 DAYS. I understand that I must write on the back of my turned-in AA slips where I will be for a pass. If the House doesn’t know where I am, I will be considered out past curfew and kicked out. ANYONE ARRESTED WHILE OUT ON PASS WILL BE DISCHARGED IMMEDIATELY. I understand that if I do any of the following, I will LOSE MY PASS PRIVILEGES:
- If I don’t turn in my AA/NA slip
- If I text DURING, or walk out of, meetings
- If I don’t do MY chores
- If I BREAK ANY RULES
While on Pass, I understand that I may be called in at any time for
an alcohol test. My failure to come in
within 3 hours will result in discharge.
24. Room Placement. I UNDERSTAND THAT I WILL BE PLACED IN WHATEVER ROOM, BED & HOUSE THAT THE HOUSE MANAGER DECIDES, AND I WILL PROVIDE ACCESS OR KEYS TO MY ROOM TO LANDLORD AND HOUSE MANAGER AT ALL TIMES.
25. Personal Property. I MAY BRING TO HOUSE STUFF THAT WILL FIT IN MY DRESSER, CLOSET (SHARED), ETC., AND NOTHING MORE. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE HOUSE IS NOT A STORAGE FACILITY. ANY OLD FURNITURE, DRESSERS, TOOLS, DISHES, ETC. FROM MY PREVIOUS HOUSING SITUATION MUST BE STORED ELSEWHERE.
26. Vehicles. A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE AND INSURANCE ARE REQUIRED TO DRIVE AND HAVE A VEHICLE ON THE PREMISES. THERE ARE NO BROKEN DOWN CARS PERMITTED ON PROPERTY. NO OIL CHANGES OR AUTOMOTIVE, SCOOTER, OR MOTORCYCLE WORK MAY BE PERFORMED ON THE PREMISES.
27. Medication. All medications must be consumed as prescribed. Medications may not ALTAR your judgment in anyway. Weber Sober Homes reserves the right to decide what is deemed excessive Medication use. Any suicidal thoughts must be reported to H.M. Any expressions of suicide or suicidal thoughts overheard by anyone will result in my immediate transportation to the E.R.
28. Statutory Authority.
I understand that Weber Sober Homes operates pursuant to Title 42 of the United States Code, §300x-25, and the Federal Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988, PL 100-690, §2036, as amended. Federal law permits the use of federal start-up loan funds as long as the House: (A) prohibits all residents from using drugs and alcohol or illegal drugs; (B) expels any resident who violates such prohibition; (C) equally shares household expenses, including the monthly lease payment, among all residents; and (D) utilizes democratic decision making within the group, including the inclusion in and expulsion from the Home.
Under federal law, I agree to be expelled immediately from the Home if I violate the terms of this Agreement. I understand that in living in the Home and agreeing to these terms, I do not have the same rights that I would as might in a landlord/tenant relationship. In accepting these terms, I understand that federal law controls, and I thereby waive normal due process afforded by local landlord tenant laws.
I have read all the material on this application form, including the limitations set forth in section 28. I also answered each question honestly and want to achieve comfortable recovery from alcoholism and or drug addiction without relapse.
Emergency Contact numbers: