Discovering Gods love to be a forgiving love.
With Gods continual love and protection embracing me, I ask to know better the power of sin in the world and in my life.
1. I come into God's presence and offer myself to Him.
2. Then, I compose myself in my real world. I am one of many human persons. I hear about many wars, about dictators who make for tunes dealing in drugs. I read about murders every day, in my own city. I breathe air that people have filled with harmful and noxious chemicals. I eat foods that clog my arteries, tax my digestive system, and alter my consciousness. Perhaps I learned to smoke before we knew it harms us. Perhaps I have gotten used to some drugs. I help pay for weapons systems that are so deadly that they make impossible the security we intend them to achieve and threaten the entire earth. I am sold on things by advertising that skirts the truth. My culture is sated with pleasure, and it makes life choices simply because of pleasure. When the media do not tell me outright lies, they deceive by error and false worldviews. Even if I wanted a more equitable distribution of healthy water and nourishing foods, I know that millions die of diseases while I can drink water from any tap and eat cuisines from all over the earth.
So I continue listing wrongs and evils until I get a deep sense of how my life world really goes on. This is my real world, however secure and safe I may feel in my own situation. Without being lugubrious or silly, I see my life world and myself in itfor what they truly are.
3. And now I ask of God what I yearn for: I ask God to let me feel sorrow at my thoughtless sins and my deliberate sins; I want to feel confounded by the truth that others suffer such dire things because of human sinfulness, and I have suffered so little, although I know I have sinned and do sin.
Now about the angels
1. First, I recall that Jesus said He had seen Satan plunging down from heaven like lightning (Luke 10:18).
2. Then I think about this. Do I believe that God creates intelligent beings other than humans? Do all intelligent beings have to have bodies?
3. Then I see how I feel about the times I have chosen to do what I wanted instead of what I
knew was right. How can it be that the angels are now soaked in hatred, and I can still change?
At the end, I turn to Jesus
What have I done for Christ?
What am I doing for Christ?
What ought I do for Christ?
And I talk with Him like a friend. I end with the Our Father. ♦