- The novel:
The Scarlet Letter (Nathaniel Hawthorne)
- The celebrities:
- JIM Morrison (died at the age of 27 due to heart failure)
- JIMI Hendrix (died at 27 after drinking wine and taking nine Vesperax pills)
- JANIS JOPLIN (found dead at 27 after taking an overdose of heroin and whiskey)
- Brian JONES (founding member of The Rolling Stones, died at 27 due to drug and alcohol abuse)
- JOHN Lennon (shot dead at the age of 40)
- JOHN F. Kennedy (assassinated in Dallas in 1963 at 46 years old)
- JOHN F. Kennedy Jr. (killed at the age of 38 in a plane crash)
- Amy JADE Winehouse (died on 23 July 2011 at the early age of 27)
- The actress:
Marilyn Monroe (died at the age of 36 after taking an overdose of barbiturates)
- The relationship:
The Scarlet Letter
published in 1850 is a Gothic American romance novel written by Nathaniel
Hawthorne and it is generally considered to be his masterpiece. Set in Puritan New England
(specifically Boston) in the seventeenth century, it tells the story of Hester Prynne, who gives birth after committing adultery and thus is forced to wear the letter A on her breast. The scarlet letter "A" represents the act of adultery that she has committed and it is to be a symbol of her sin for all to see.
In the same way as the letter A was a curse for Hester Prynne, some people believe in the "curse of the letter J". All the celebrities listed above had either names or surnames beginning with the letter J and died at an early age in very tragic circumstances... Marilyn Monroe, who had an affair with president John Kennedy and led a very unhappy life, was born under the name of Norma JEANE Mortenson... It is believed all these people were, as JESUS Christ, crucified in some way by society...
- The question:
Is the "curse of the letter J" just a myth or could it be TRUE???
*** What do YOU think? ***