Latest News... Nadia Blankiron's Exhibition OPEN... T-shirt Competiton... Xmas Sale...
This page below tells you all about the Gallery in general, for Latests News click ABOVE. Thanks
FAKES & FORGERIES 2019 IS COMMING - ALL the Details Below - Exact dates announced in July 2019 - Get Creating NOW!!!
Mangaweka Fakes & Forgeries 2019 : Categories & Prizes
1) Adults : 1st $500 : Runner-up $100 : 3rd $55 Cash Prizes! Plus 2 X Merit Prizes
2) 16 & under/Student = 1st : Runner up & 3rd – All Canvases & Art Materials Prizes
3) Collective School Category = Canvases & Art Materials. Sponsors Sought!
(This is a special category for Schools - conditions apply – Additional Sponsors sought for Prizes - Please make contact )
4) ‘People’s Choice Award’ - All Categories - Vote During Exhibition = $25 Voucher
Entries Displayed at Mangaweka’s ‘Yellow Church’ Gallery, SH1.
Entries IN OCT 2019 - OPENS NOV 2019 - Runs to Early/Mid February 2020.
Exact Dates will be announced in July 2019 on the Gallery web-site.
Guide Lines, Conditions, and Rules of Entry Below - Please read and note carefully - Thanks
1. This Exhibition is a Fun Event, open to ANY budding, intermediate, established or professional Artist/Artists.
2. Absolutely NO works that are totally original ! Works are to be identical Replicas, Copies with a Twist, ‘Inspired-By’ OR be ‘in the style of’ a previous well known Artist or Artwork. Ideas as worthy as fine technique. Be imaginative!
3. Works entered must have been freshly created since Dec 2017 and be signed by the Artist entering the work.
4. Paintings, Photography, Ceramics, Prints, Woven, Knitted, Carved, Mixed or What-ever media ! Just be creative !
5. All works entered (except Collective Schools) MUST be For Sale and priced with a MAXIMUM retail of NZ$1999
(If you are serious about a sale try to be realistic. Most works that sell are in the ‘up to’ or around $500’ range)
6. Price listed will include a 33.3% commission (inc GST) ie; The entering artist receives 66.6% of sale price.
7. All wall mounted works must be strung and ready to hang, with any paint or varnish being totally DRY! Thanks.
. Max size/area 1.2m sq for hung work. Any instillation works must be portable by one person - please contact first.
8. All works must be CLEARLY labelled, in this exact order please; 1) Entering Artists Name; 2) Contact Info (address & ph. number); 3) Title of Work; 4) Inspired By; 5) Medium; 6) Aprox Size; and 7) Sale Price. This label must be attached to the work by string or fishing line, so it can hang over the top for easy identification when hanging.
9. Once entry form/info has been submitted & data entered in our system, sorry but NO further alterations, Thanks.
10. While extreme care is taken, it is the responsibility of the artist to insure their work during exhibition & transit etc.
11. Entry Fees; Adults - $20 first piece, $15 a second, and $10 for a third* - 16 year & under/Student - $5 first piece,
. $4 a second, and $3 for a third*. *Maximum of 3 Entries Total per individual entering Artist, in all or any categories.
12. Each entry form must be for works by same entrant with full total amount paid in one single operation. Payment; . Cheques please made to; Richard Aslett. Cash payment on site. Internet bank on request. Sorry No Credit Card.
13. Entry forms alone (including any entry fees) can be sent anytime from now - with work sent/delivered later.
14. Courier Delivery of Works (including entry forms & full payment) anytime from the mid October 2019.
. Works can also be personally delivered to the Gallery from mid October 2019, yet ONLY on Weekends, thanks.
. (please phone in advance to guarantee). Final closing date for entries is 31st Oct 2019. Courier / Deliver to;
. Fakes & Forgeries, Mangaweka “Yellow Church” Gallery, 6360 SH1 (PO Box 56), Rangitikei, NZ, 4746.
15. Entry is on condition that any works can be reproduced for a possible catalogue/book and/or future promotions.
16. We aim to exhibit all works entered, unless overtly original, offensive, or not complying with guide lines & rules.
17. The Judging panel will consist of Richard Aslett, plus two other ‘Special Guest’ Artists (tbc) with judging panel’s . decision being final with no correspondence entered into and no refunds. Adult cash and other prizes, as above.
18. All works to remain on display for full duration of the Exhibition from November 2019 to Feb 2020
19. Works entered may also be displayed and listed for sale on-line (or elsewhere) at any time during the exhibition.
20. All works not sold, must be uplifted on weekends within two weeks of close ie; by 5pm Sat 29th Feb 2020
Late collection of work (without prior arrangement) will incur a storage and retrieval fee of $5 per week with any works not collected by the end of March 2020 being disposed of by whatever means to create space & cover storage costs.
21. Entry to exhibition confirms acceptance of above rules in their entirety. Have Fun and Get Started NOW! Thanks!
Collective Schools wishing to enter should contact the organisers - Sponsors for Prizes in this Section most welcome, Please get in touch.
Thanks to all those who visited Elwyn's Exhibition
Depicting New Zealand at War, titled :-
"And When He Was Called, He Went" by artist Elwyn Stone
The turnout was tremendous and Elwyn would also like to pass on those thanks
click on the banner below for more details of what the exhibition was about :
or go to :
Mangaweka 'Yellow Church' Gallery
Situated on State Highway One, in
the attractive and historic township of Mangaweka, Open from 10.30am to 5pm Weekends, most other days and by Appointment. Artists in the Gallery include well known Whanganui creators, Paul and Mark Rayner, Rita Dibert and others, while works by Rudyard Yap from Palmerston North, and Simon Jay from Wellington to name but a few, have complimented the local contributing artists. There is also work on display by the owner and Resident Artist, Richard Aslett who's works have won the open award at the Waimarino Art Awards with his depiction of Mount Ruapehu, created using actual mud from the Lahar, And a colourfull design of the famous Mangaweka DC-3 Aeroplane, which is now on 59,000 covers of the area's 2009 White Pages phone book. Monthly Exhibitions are a big feature of Mangaweka Gallery and run in a special viewing space, which can accommodate controversial and R18 works, or just good old
Right next door to Mangaweka Gallery is a beautiful turn of the centaury Country Cottage, offering B&B style accommodation from just $65 per person/per night, including continental style breakfast !
Tel: 06 382 5774 or 027 52 666 12 or e-mail for viewings and enquiries
Comming Shortly - The CrAzY, The WhAcKy, The BaMbOoZLiNg CONSPIRACY THEORY 2 is comming to U
Thanks for visiting, do please take a look around. There is a town map,
more info, and of course the NEW and Previous Exhibitions pages.
: - :
Mangaweka's most famous son, Karl Sim (Aka: Carl Feodor Goldie)
has left this earthly art studio and passed away Monday the 21st October 2013.
Picture of Karl Sim (aka Goldie) taken at the last Fakes & Forgeries in 2011.
"You will be missed, but most certainly never forgotten" Richard Aslett 2013
For a pod-cast Radio New Zealand story on Karl please go to;
Wanganui Chronicle : Original faker to miss party in his honour :
- : -
New Zealands Got Talent - CLICK HERE for linx on Richard's Performances
: - :
For those still looking for that special unique gift or piece of artwork we have some
Great Deal$ including Richard Aslett Photographic Prints and Canvases.
EG. Antarctic Panoramic 1 meter x 300mm - Usually $295 NOW just a CrAzY $199 !
or 18" x 12" Limited Edition Photographic Prints - Usually $69 NOW just a BaRmY $49!
Internet and e-mail orders and payment taken : email : firstname.lastname@example.org