FAKES & FORGERIES 2019 IS COMMING - Saturday 30th November- Artworks and Entry forms need to be submitted by Tues 19th November at the latest - Thanks. ALSO new sponsors mean even BIGGER $1000+ Prizes.
More details at the NEW www.richardaslett.co.nz web-site please GO THERE for Online and Snail-Mail Entry Forms. Rules found below, Thanks .
Mangaweka Fakes & Forgeries 2019 : Categories & Prizes
1) Adults : 1st $500 : Runner-up $150 : 3rd $100 Cash Prizes! Plus 2 X $50 Merit Prizes
2) 16 & under/Student = 1st : Runner up & 3rd – All Canvases & Art Materials Prizes
3) Collective School Category = Canvases & Art Materials. Sponsors Sought!
(This is a special category for Schools - conditions apply – Additional Sponsors Sought for Prizes - Please make contact )
4) ‘People’s Choice Award’ - All Categories - Vote During Exhibition = 2x $25 Vouchers (1 for a 'Voter' and one for the winning Artist)
5) ALSO a NEW $50 'spot-prize draw' for 1 entering Artist who is present at the Opening!
Adult & 16+Under Entries Displayed at Mangaweka’s ‘Yellow Church’ Gallery, SH1.
Entries IN Tues 19th Nov 2019 - OPENS Saturday 30th NOV 2019 - Runs to 9th February 2020.
More details and on-line & 'snail-mail' entry-forms can be found at www.richardaslett.co.nz .
Guide Lines, Conditions, and Rules of Entry Below - Please read and note carefully - Thanks
1. This Exhibition is a Fun Event, open to ANY budding, intermediate, established or professional Artist/Artists.
2. Absolutely NO works that are totally original ! Essentially works are to be either Identical Replicas, Copies with a Twist, ‘Inspired-By’ OR be ‘in the style of’ a previous well known Artist or Artwork. Ideas as worthy as fine technique and skill level, so... Be imaginative!
3. Works entered must have been freshly created since Dec 2017 and be signed by the Artist entering the work.
4. Paintings, Photography, Ceramics, Prints, Woven, Knitted, Carved, Mixed or What-ever media ! Just be creative !
5. All works entered (except Collective Schools) MUST be For Sale and priced with a MAXIMUM retail of NZ$1950
(If you are serious about a sale try to be realistic. Most works that sell are in the ‘up to’ or around $500’ range)
6. Price listed will include a 33.3% commission (inc GST) ie; The entering artist receives 66.6% of sale price.
7. All wall mounted works must be strung and ready to hang, with any paint or varnish being totally DRY! Thanks. Max size/area 1.2m sq for hung work. Any instillation works must be portable by one person - please contact first.
8. All works must be CLEARLY labelled, in this exact order please; 1) Entering Artists Name; 2) Contact Info (address & ph. number); 3) Title of Work; 4) Inspired By; 5) Medium; 6) Aprox Size; and 7) Sale Price. This label must be attached to the work by string or fishing line, so it can hang over the top for easy identification when hanging.
9. Once entry form/info has been submitted & data entered in our system, sorry but NO further alterations, Thanks.
10. While extreme care is taken, it is the responsibility of the artist to insure their work during exhibition & transit etc.
11. Entry Fees; Adults - $25 first piece, $15 a second, and just $5 for a third* - 16 year & under/Student - $5 first piece, $4 a second, and $3 for a third*. *Maximum of 3 Entries Total per individual entering Artist, in all or any categories.
12. Each entry form must be for works by same entrant with full total amount paid in one single operation. Payment; Cheques please made to; Richard Aslett. Cash payment on site. Internet bank on request. No Credit Cd.
13. Entry forms alone (including any entry fees) can be sent anytime from now - with work sent/delivered later. This year we are preferring you use the 'on-line' entry for at https://form.jotform.co/92485893555878
14. Courier Delivery of Works (including entry forms & full payment) anytime from the mid October 2019.
. Works can also be personally delivered to the Gallery from the end of October 2019, yet ONLY on Weekends, thanks. (please phone in advance to guarantee). Final closing date for entries is 31st Oct 2019. Courier / Deliver to; Fakes & Forgeries, Mangaweka “Yellow Church” Gallery, 6360 SH1 (PO Box 56), Rangitikei, NZ, 4746.
15. Entry is on condition that any works can be reproduced for a possible catalogue/book and/or any future promotions/posters/flyers/books/postcards etc.
16. We aim to exhibit all works entered, unless overtly original, offensive, or not complying with rules.
17. The Judging panel will consist of Richard Aslett, plus two other ‘Special Guest’ Artists (tbc) with judging panel’s decision being final with no correspondence entered into and no refunds. Adult cash and other prizes, as above.
18. All works to remain on display for full duration of the Exhibition from 30th November 2019 to 9th Feb 2020
19. Works entered may also be displayed and listed for sale on-line (or elsewhere) at any time during the exhibition.
20. All works not sold, must be uplifted on weekends within two weeks of close ie; by 5pm Sun 23th Feb 2020
PLEASE NOTE : Late collection of work after the above date (without written/emailed prior arrangement) will incur a storage and retrieval fee of $5 per week. Any works not collected by 29th March 2020 will be disposed of (gifted/recycled/sold/dumped or whatever) to cover any storage costs and reclaim space.
21. Entry to exhibition confirms acceptance of above rules in their entirety. Have Fun and Get Started NOW! Thanks!
Collective Schools wishing to enter should contact the organisers - Sponsors for Prizes in this Section now being sought and most welcome, Please get in touch (027 52 66 612).
Thanks to all those who visited Elwyn's Exhibition
Depicting New Zealand at War, titled :-
"And When He Was Called, He Went" by artist Elwyn Stone
The turnout was tremendous and Elwyn would also like to pass on those thanks
click on the banner below for more details of what the exhibition was about :
or go to :
Mangaweka 'Yellow Church' Gallery
Situated on State Highway One, in
the attractive and historic township of Mangaweka, Open from 10.30am to 5pm Weekends, most other days and by Appointment. Artists in the Gallery include well known Whanganui creators, Paul and Mark Rayner, Rita Dibert and others, while works by Rudyard Yap from Palmerston North, and Simon Jay from Wellington to name but a few, have complimented the local contributing artists. There is also work on display by the owner and Resident Artist, Richard Aslett who's works have won the open award at the Waimarino Art Awards with his depiction of Mount Ruapehu, created using actual mud from the Lahar, And a colourfull design of the famous Mangaweka DC-3 Aeroplane, which is now on 59,000 covers of the area's 2009 White Pages phone book. Monthly Exhibitions are a big feature of Mangaweka Gallery and run in a special viewing space, which can accommodate controversial and R18 works, or just good old
Right next door to Mangaweka Gallery is a beautiful turn of the centaury Country Cottage, offering B&B style accommodation from just $65 per person/per night, including continental style breakfast !
Tel: 06 382 5774 or 027 52 666 12 or e-mail for viewings and enquiries
Thanks for visiting, do please take a look around. There is a town map,
more info, and of course the NEW and Previous Exhibitions pages.
: - :
Mangaweka's most famous son, Karl Sim (Aka: Carl Feodor Goldie)
has left this earthly art studio and passed away Monday the 21st October 2013.
Picture of Karl Sim (aka Goldie) taken at the last Fakes & Forgeries in 2011.
"You will be missed, but most certainly never forgotten" Richard Aslett 2013
For a pod-cast Radio New Zealand story on Karl please go to;
Wanganui Chronicle : Original faker to miss party in his honour :
- : -
New Zealands Got Talent - CLICK HERE for linx on Richard's Performances
: - :
For those still looking for that special unique gift or piece of artwork we have some
Great Deal$ including Richard Aslett Photographic Prints and Canvases.
EG. Antarctic Panoramic 1 meter x 300mm - Usually $295 NOW just a CrAzY $199 !
or 18" x 12" Limited Edition Photographic Prints - Usually $69 NOW just a BaRmY $49!
Internet and e-mail orders and payment taken : email : firstname.lastname@example.org