Renegade

"Here is a test to make sure your life is complete, if your not in Renegade it isn't" - Jake Granitewave
"Individually, we are one drop. In Renegade, we are an ocean"- Smartblonde
"When I think of Renegade, only one word comes to mind: Awesome."- Falcon

Forums

Forum Home > General Chat > Coming soon!!!

BlindSpot

Hi everyone. BlindSpot, aka Hotwings here, bringing you a sneak peak of upcoming content in your favorite game, FreeRealms!

Some of you may have noticed that I've been gone for awhile. Well, that's because while looking for a job, I traveled to have an interview for a job, working for SOE, and I was hired!

After talking for a bit, they decided to put me on their think tank, for FreeRealms.

I spoke with Nik-Nak in his office, discussing new combat features with him, and we've actually came to agree on a few things. He also said that it's okay if I made a sneak peak for you all, just as long as it wasn't on the official site (yet)

Some of the new features in combat will include...

- Bringing back 5 attack keys. PS3 will be excluded from this feature due to controller layout, so, this is exclusive for the PC version.

We have improved the way these attacks will work. Considering a lot of players are getting older, and some are already teens or adults, we wanted to make it more competitive. The attacks will allow for combos. So, warm those hands up, because the combos will be insane!

- New weapons! I can't give out too much details on this, but they're insane! Each job will now be more unique, and have multiple options to choose from with your weapons, making your dueling style very unique, and powerful!

- New armor! Here are just a few sets we've agreed on.

Tank- This will boost your health, and defense more than any other, but will decrease your attack, and running speed.

Combo- Decreases your defense, but will boost your attack speed, allowing for more devastating combos!

There are more sets, exclusive to each job.

- Group battles! Considering we're bringing back 5 attack buttons, we were forced to increase the health of a player by quite a bit, which allowed us to add in group battes. 2v2, and 3v3.

- New Shards! We haven't been able to work on this much yet, but we will make sure each player may have a unique shard setup.

- New Maps! (You'll love these) We've made it so you can no longer use items in a duel while in these maps, just like in rumbledome, however... you are able to pickup powerups that appear randomly.

Last but not least.... we will be releasing a new combat job! I'm of course not allowed to give out which job this will be, but, I was able to let you all know that there will be a new job!

I hope you all are excited for the upcoming content! Let me know what you think.

--

April 1, 2013 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prince The Rockstar

Wow! A job at SOE! That's great! And I'll be looking for the sneak peeks to come into full effect soon! I wonder what the new combat job will be...

--
April 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

William Onyxglade

No way!! For real? That sounds awsome! Can't wait! Oh and congrats on becoming part of SOE!

--

William Onyxglade

April 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BlindSpot

Haha, this was an April Fool's joke :p

Hope it didn't upset you too badly. I just thought I'd pull a prank on Renegade. I thought it sounded pretty legit.

--

April 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam Vaporstinger

Now I gotta go fix my top hat you blew up :P

--

Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, and that's why it's called the present. 

-Eleanor Roosevelt

April 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hippy_jezz
Administrator

Wings...Wat a smashing April fools..had me! It's a shame that SOE dont really employ people who could seriously help them expand the game, like you!

-Throw Adam a needle n thread-

-Grins-

April 3, 2013 at 12:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prince The Rockstar

Woooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww.... :D Good One!

--
April 3, 2013 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BlindSpot

Thank you for the compliment Jezz ^_^

I'm glad you all enjoyed this prank.

--

April 4, 2013 at 10:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jamie

I can't believe I missed this post! I think SOE would have to hire you just because all of the ideas you created and were put in the game. I'm so proud of you! I hope everything ends up good for you. You deserve something awesome as that!

The new content for combat sounds pretty rad! Can't wait until it comes in game!

--

April 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jamie

WAIT WHAT?

I should of read the other posts before posting... My bad.

--

April 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jake

After I read the first 2 paragraphs i knew it was a joke or something. I have to tell you you got me on the last paragragh lol. By the way... Nice joke, i found it real funny :P

--

April 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BlindSpot

Haha, Jammie that was priceless! :p

--

April 4, 2013 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jamie

Haha yes it was. I truly thought it was for real! 

I'll admit, I'm not that gullible, so you did pretty good.

--

April 4, 2013 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Falcon

Got me. xD

--

The sun may be setting, but this is not the end.

April 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lolaya
Administrator

Got me as well ;)

Didn't expect April Fools lol. I was about to ask you if I would be allowed to post this on Official forums haha.

--

April 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.