Renegade

"Here is a test to make sure your life is complete, if your not in Renegade it isn't" - Jake Granitewave
"Individually, we are one drop. In Renegade, we are an ocean"- Smartblonde
"When I think of Renegade, only one word comes to mind: Awesome."- Falcon

Forums

Forum Home > General Chat > Combat Changes!!

Adam Vaporstinger

This was posted by a developer on the FR forums. These changes wern't apparant so I thought I'd let you guys know :D

"I have heard some mention of the new Job Centers in Sanctuary. Players have spoken with the Guild Masters at the end of the Cobblestone Village portion of the Hero Rises quests, looked at the nearby message boards, shrugged their shoulders, and thought "yeah, so what?"

Existing players probably didn't notice the changes. And there are many.

1) 2 more combat jobs are now Free for all players - Medic and Archer join ranks with the Brawler as jobs that can now reach level 20 for all players. That Just Happened. Tell your friends.

2) New players no longer start with all jobs - You start with Adventurer, Brawler, and Card Duelist. By the end of Cobblestone Village you will have unlocked Miner, Blacksmith, and Chef. From here, the message boards will point players to the different Job Trainers and the start of the Job questlines. This both helped us streamline the new player experience AND let us fulfill a frequent player request.

3) Some jobs now require level 20 in another job to unlock - In order to unlock Warrior you first need a level 20 Brawler. In order to unlock Ninja you first need a level 20 Archer. In order to unlock Wizard you first need a level 20 Medic. This only affects new players.

4) Some Archer and Medic gear requires membership - These jobs now works like the Brawler. Level 1, 4, 8, 12, and 16 gear is unchanged, but all other levels are reserved for members only.

5) Modified Some Job Stats – Increased Warrior's max health at all levels, increased damage of all ninja sword basic attacks, increased all damage of all wizard wand super attacks.

6) Increased out-of-combat health regeneration rates for ALL combat jobs - It should take less time to heal up after fights if you're not in a fight with something."    -Nik-Nak

--

Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, and that's why it's called the present. 

-Eleanor Roosevelt

March 17, 2013 at 12:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jamie

Thanks for letting me know! I guess I'll be leveling my medic soon :)

--

March 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jake

I knew all of this but this is REALLY helpful for some players, new and old alike. Im mirely impressed with # 5 & 6 though! :)

--

March 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BlindSpot

Everything seems really good. I'm glad they're finally looking into combat.

However, my warriors max health has been lowered.... not increased.... hmmm.

--

March 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prince The Rockstar

Thanks for the tips, I'm gonna level up Medic right now.

--
March 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam Vaporstinger

Another small combat change that came from the update today!

Ninja:

An opponent must have been hit by a Ninja with Dragon's Boon within the last 5 seconds to be a valid target for Dragon's Boon.

Warrior:

An opponent must have been hit by a Warrior with Counterattack within the last 5 seconds to be a valid target for Counterattack.

This was mostly done to combat AFK farming in the overworld, but it also has some dueling repercussions. -Nik-Nak (Dev from the FR forums)

--

Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, and that's why it's called the present. 

-Eleanor Roosevelt

March 28, 2013 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prince The Rockstar

Well, I was leveling up Medic, but now I gotta go into Arachnia's Lair....but I'm scared of spiders. :/

--
March 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ever Luce

Thanks for the advice. o.o

--

March 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.