Renegade

"Here is a test to make sure your life is complete, if your not in Renegade it isn't" - Jake Granitewave
"Individually, we are one drop. In Renegade, we are an ocean"- Smartblonde
"When I think of Renegade, only one word comes to mind: Awesome."- Falcon

Forums

Forum Home > General Chat > Need help building a deck!

BlindSpot

Hi all. I'm retiring from dueling, and am going to start focusing on TCG. I really enjoy it, but I need help...

First of all, I'm already very comfortable with nature decks, so I think I'll start by making one of those. Later down the road, I might switch. Not sure.

Next, I'd like to know what you all think of this deck. I forget who I got it from, but yeah. I just wanna know if it's outdated, and can use some help from the newer cards, or if it's fine like it is?

I don't have many cards right now, so I'll put (Have) beside the ones I do. This way you can tell me if building this deck would be good, or if I should spend my time building a different deck.

Creatures:
3 Bat (Have)
3 Hidden Floren
3 Wolf Vine Golem
3 Forest Giant Sentry
3 Mushroom Giant Warlord (Have)
3 Briarwood Tree Soldier
Hero: Ernie x 1 (Have), Tyrone x2

Tricks:
3 Echoing Roar (Have)
3 Ice Nova (Have)
3 Poison Aura (Have)

Resources:
3 Easy Money (Have)
2 Fresh Sprout
1 Stampede
1 Sudden Strength (Have)
2 spin attack (Have)
1 Straight Shot

So, yeah. Just give me your thoughts, and let me know what you think. If you yourself can help me get these cards, I have 1250 SC I can use on booster packs for you. Make a fair trade please though, because I don't know how valuable cards are.

Thank you, and I hope to hear from someone soon :)

--

February 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam Vaporstinger

The only cards I have is the ONE Briarwood Tree Soilder and ONE Fresh Sprout. The best way to get Tyrone is by completing the Shattered Past Questline since it is the reward card at the end. Also, Straight Shot is VERY VERY hard to get since it is an exclusive card. In fact, I had posted a trade to get 2 Straight Shots for 7 Shattered Packs and still didn't get it....

--

Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, and that's why it's called the present. 

-Eleanor Roosevelt

February 21, 2013 at 5:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ivy

The trick is to keep all decks together they are together for a reason, they work off eachother. chose a little of each card but mostly 3, 4 and 5s a few ones and twos and a few 6 and 7s. also its good to have alot off resources but only 2 or 3 different kinds. also when starting make sure your hand has low cards such as 1s or 2s if not rusuffle. :) hope i helped if any questions ask me

--

Poison Ivy13 the girl everyone loves to hates :D

IVY!

February 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BlindSpot

I appreciate the help :)

I'm just having a rough time finding all the cards I need.

Maybe I should go after a different deck? Or... just save up for all the cards I need for this one. I really do enjoy tcg.. it's just hard to get into.

--

February 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jamie

I agree with Ivy. You still want some high (costing more coins) cards, and then again some low and in the middle depending on who and what cards you're playing against. You're going to want some power-ups as well just when dueling other cards.

Hey, I like Nature decks too! Glad I'm not the only one. :-)

--

February 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ivy

well my nature deck contains all the cards you have shown there maybe a few other from quest but i do very well with the few i have. if you want i could give you the names of the exact cards ans how many i use in my best deck

--

IVY!

February 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prince The Rockstar

I might sound old school, but I'm a fan of the hero cards. They'll be useful in my opinion.

--
February 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ivy

you can have a few in your deck but they arent much help if you can only use them 2 or so in a game so never put alot of those in your deck

--

IVY!

February 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nicky
Limited Member

Best way to make a deck

Creatures (20 cards) Including heroes

Tricks(10 cards)

Resources (10 cards) 

This way you have exactly 40 cards and a high flip rate depending on the balance of your deck. Also try to use mostly one color and a few tricks of ifferent colors. 

For your information: I currently run a Red nasty hunt deck with Target Vitals and another green card I cannot remember at this moment.

February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prince Tridon

I can give you a few pointers when we can meet in game. ;)

Card Commander Prince Tridon

February 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BlindSpot

I have a question. I'm building a wolf deck now, and I have cards that attack, and cards that attack and defend at the same time. My question is... which of these are better...

x3 Poison Aura, or x3 Bear Hug?

x3 Feral reinforcements, or x3 Bear hug?

Out of 2 of those tricks, which should I choose? I'm thinking Bear hug+Poison Aura. I just think Bear hug is better than feral reinforcements, but I could be wrong. So, please give me your advice :)

--

February 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nicky
Limited Member

I can play you a couple games so you can see how my deck works and see if you can get any ideas. How's  that sound?

February 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jake

I love Chaos and Nature Decks.

Oh, I think you should go with what Nick said, all the way.

--

March 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.