Renegade

"Here is a test to make sure your life is complete, if your not in Renegade it isn't" - Jake Granitewave
"Individually, we are one drop. In Renegade, we are an ocean"- Smartblonde
"When I think of Renegade, only one word comes to mind: Awesome."- Falcon

Forums

Forum Home > General Chat > Free Realms Sunset

Jamie

Hi all! I haven't been on for quite some time due to school, but I just happened to log on and find some news from Free Realms that I'd like to share with you all...

"Hi everyone,

Usually I’m in here telling you about cool new developments in the Realms. Today is a much different day for me. I’m deeply saddened to announce that we will sunset Free Realms on March 31, 2014.

Free Realms has truly been a labor of love for SOE (even our own president’s kids are huge fans and active players of the game!). In a nutshell, the game has reached a stage in its life cycle where players are growing up and moving on to other games.

When we first released the game in 2009, it was one of the very first free-to-play MMO for kids and teens, and we couldn’t be prouder of everything we have accomplished together in the game. While today’s news might be a disappointment, we’re sincerely excited about what’s to come for the game before we say goodbye, including player celebration in-game events and more!

We will share details on the upcoming activities and sunset soon, but we wanted to give you plenty of notice so you can truly enjoy your remaining time left in the game. We thank you for all of the memories we have made together in the Realms!

Steve George

Producer, Sony Online Entertainment"

This pretty much states that Free Realms will be no more after March 31st, 2014. I've met so many amazing and fantastic people that I've grown fond of for the many years that I've been playing. You all have gotten me through so much, and so many others as well. I really hope this doesn't end up separating us all from each other, hopefully we can still come on the site here and there to check up on everyone as I periodically do. I think March 31st will be a day that will sadden us all, just because of the thought that we will not be able to log on and join in on the fun with our friends. I hope before this date comes, we can all meet up in game for the last time together for Renegade. This game has truly changed my life mainly because of the people that I've met and learned about. I'm so glad I ever joined and I'm sure you are as well. I know this seems like this may be the end, but we will still find ways to keep us all together. I'm actually on the verge of tears as I type this. You all have no idea how much each of you mean to me! Make sure to make your last few weeks with Free Realms a great one. :) Hope to talk to you all soon.

--

January 24, 2014 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shattered Nicole

I'm seriously in tears right now. March 31st comes and the game that basically changed my life is gone?

--

January 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Adam Vaporstinger

I will make an offical announcement on the future of Renegade and this site (it may be by Lolaya) very soon. As of right now, notify anyone and everyone to let them know!!

--

Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, and that's why it's called the present. 

-Eleanor Roosevelt

January 24, 2014 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lolaya
Administrator
Wow interesting... Im going to miss that red squirrel i could never find... And the place i kissed raven under the mistletoe... And... And... And... Etc. Ill talk with you guys tomorrow morning.
--

January 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Aka Gotherella

:(

January 25, 2014 at 1:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ever Luce

*Cries* When I saw this I almost burst into tears! (My eyes were watering due to sickness).  But, this is the only game I play!!!!! And they shouldn't shut it down, alot of other people play it.

--

January 25, 2014 at 7:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jake

Aww man! This is sad news unfortunately :( It was a very fun experience! :) There were MANY nice people out there :(

--

January 25, 2014 at 9:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ever Luce

I think it might be a prank. They're sunsetting Free Realms down a day before April Fool's Day.....But I may be wrong. c:

--

January 26, 2014 at 7:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jamie

Ever Luce at January 26, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I think it might be a prank. They're sunsetting Free Realms down a day before April Fool's Day.....But I may be wrong. c:

I don't think they would take something as serious as this and create it into a prank. If they are, which I highly doubt it, then that's totally over the line. Plus they're also shutting down a few of their other games and I don't personally think that this would all be a joke. 

--

January 27, 2014 at 12:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Prince The Rockstar

Dang. After all that work we put in this game, not only us at Renegade but other players too. I've had too many memories to count. I just thought we would;ve had more time.. We've had many people come back and now some will come back to this. Sure it had it's downsides, but overall it was a great game. I just don't know. But I do know that even though this game will end, the friendships I've made and still have will never be forgotten. Guess I'll be counting the days... 

--
January 27, 2014 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ever Luce

Jamie at January 27, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Ever Luce at January 26, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I don't think they would take something as serious as this and create it into a prank. If they are, which I highly doubt it, then that's totally over the line. Plus they're also shutting down a few of their other games and I don't personally think that this would all be a joke. 

Well, I never really knew they were shutting down other games.

I guess they are shutting down the game because of very little money? o.o

--

January 30, 2014 at 9:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

hippy_jezz
Administrator

I know I havn't been around lately ---  but to find out FR is going away???

This is such a sad time..It's like an old friend is leaving - and taking all the fun with them..:(

We have to all make an effort to keep FR alive in our hearts and ensure that the Renegade site becomes a place we can meet up with old friends and share our experiences as we travel on through life..:

Chin up! We are a tough lot...lol

January 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prince The Rockstar

hippy_jezz at January 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM

I know I havn't been around lately ---  but to find out FR is going away???

This is such a sad time..It's like an old friend is leaving - and taking all the fun with them..:(

We have to all make an effort to keep FR alive in our hearts and ensure that the Renegade site becomes a place we can meet up with old friends and share our experiences as we travel on through life..:

Chin up! We are a tough lot...lol

Yeah, I was thinking about that. I hope this site does stay up. FR isn't our only way of communication.

--
January 31, 2014 at 8:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jake

I guess we could bring Renegade into aanother game I guess. Maybe, they will make another great game like freerealms! I wonder what the future holds, but I hope we will still be together :)

--

February 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prince The Rockstar

Jake at February 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM

I guess we could bring Renegade into aanother game I guess. Maybe, they will make another great game like freerealms! I wonder what the future holds, but I hope we will still be together :)

I've been thinking about that too. I know a lot of players that have switched over to another game, but I forget what it's called..

--
February 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow Kevin

Wow... It's hard to believe that Free Realms is actually closing. I know I haven't been around much at all lately, and some of you on here who have joined recently may not even know me. I don't know exactly what to say at a time like this, sadly I've been through all this before with my MMO I played before Free Realms, VMK, and I hoped I would never have to go through it again. Regardless, I hope to stay in touch with teh friends I have made here over the years, you are all great people and I am glad to have met all of you. Now regarding the possibilty of switching to another MMO; I will be heading over to Elder Scrolls Online when it opens up, maybe I'll see some of you over there :). Guess we should enjoy it while it lasts, Free Realms will always be with us.

--

ShadowKevin on Free Realms: Founder of Cascade, Was a Temporary Leader of Renegade, Founder of Renegade International

AirtightSpring3: On XBOX Live, Nintendo Network and The Steam Workshop, Created Riften Depths Mod and Has 10,000+ Gamerscore

AirtightSprings3: On Minecraft (Playing Hunger Games Servers)

JetLightning: On GameCenter for IOS and Creator/Leader of Renegade Clash of Clans 1200+ Trophies

RENEGADE

INTERNATIONAL

February 4, 2014 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Falcon

Wow, this is actually very sad for me. I haven't been on in months and that came damn close to making me cry. I guess I moved on from Free Realms, like the quote says, but this game will always be a part of me. I actually started playing when I was 9. Best thing ever. I joined the best guild in the history of the game about a year later. Yes, I was actually 10 when I joined. Played pretty consistently for ~2 years, but then I began to lose interest. Even with the whole new update, and having a lifetime membership, SC  when I needed it, and many good friends. But eventually, the game.. well, died. I logged on every once in awhile, but I realised that I wasn't playing the game for the game... I was playing it for you guys. And frankly, you guys weren't there. So I moved on. School, sports, and other games when I've had time took away from time for this. I've been playing this game pretty much since it started, my 14th birthday is in a week. All 5 years were great. It's been a great ride, and hopefully it isn't the last stop. I look forward to maybe finding new games to play with you guys, carrying the fun times over. But until we do, I bid you a temporary farewell, and a soon to be permanent goodbye to Free Realms. 

Love you,

~Falcon

--

The sun may be setting, but this is not the end.

February 11, 2014 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prince The Rockstar

Well, FR has made everyone a member, so if you wanted to do some member quests but never had the chance, now is the time.

--
February 12, 2014 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ever Luce

I know a game that you guys could raid if wanted. It's called Perfect World International. It's a MMORPG. It's a chinese anime, but REALLY good graphics. It's only 13+ though. :o Website: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ I'm not all sure how they changed the game from the last time I played (2009). But, I think the graphics for the characters changed... ._. OH! And it's free. It's just like Free Realms. If you want to buy mounts, fancy armour, fancy fashion, ect. You have to buy cards like SC. And the info of the classes, ect. is on the bottom of that page. It says : New To Perfect World Beginners Guide. And : Introducing PWI's New Classes.

--

February 18, 2014 at 7:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Aaron1 Swiftblade

This game was a big accomplishment for all of us but knowing that it's shutting down on March 31st just really sucks. Hopefully they will open up the final locations in days before the final shutdown. Happy playing Renengade and RIP Free Realms!

--

February 18, 2014 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.