1. Standing rule has been removed.
2. Exempt speakers may use one side of a 3x5 inch notecard only; there is no 50-word rule.
3. Material readily available online may be used. Printed copies should be available for contests.
4. As stated on the discussion outline, “sections in which there are no subsection contests may choose to use (1) section tasks or (2) a combination of subsection tasks. Participating schools must be informed well in advance which option the Section tournament will use.”
5. If you have a contestant at the state contest, you – or your designee – must stay at the contest.
6. For voting for judges for the state meet, judges will be designated by their associated school, not their home address. (I.e. I live in Buffalo, but work at Maple Lake. Maple Lake would be on the ballot, not Buffalo.)
7. Make sure all of your assistants take the concussion training online. Check with your AD if you have questions.
8. Draw times will now be a uniformed 8 minutes apart for all draw categories; however, cutting times will stay the same. Please tell your invitational judges this!
The sections that can be accessed by any person are as follows:
It will be doubly important that you make sure that your speech meet is on the calendar that I will get. I will post your events (Speech Meets and Plays) on the calendar; I will also use that calendar to keep track of who will be sent the site password during any particular week. Thus, if you do not have your meet on the calendar, I will not know to send you a password. If you sign up for a speech meet after this meeting, please email me at: email@example.com so that I will be able to get you on the calendar.
The following can only be accessed by PASSWORD Permission, and as of this Fall, you will also need a User Name that I will send to you as well:
When you click on any of these sections, a screen will pop up asking for the password. If you do not have a password, you will not be given access. You do not have to enter the password more than once. After you are into any of these sections you will have access to all of these materials:
The ONLY individuals who will have access to the Password will be the person(s) I email during the week. The persons I will email are those coaches whom I know to have a speech meet during that week. If a coach who is not hosting a meet during a specified time wishes to get an idea of what kind of Discussion tasks are being sent out, and sample Extempt Speaking questions can be expected please click on the “Practice Materials” tab.
NO ONE OTHER THAN THE COACHES I EMAIL WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE PASSWORD PROTECTED SECTIONS OF THE SITE. ALSO, I WILL CREATE A NEW PASSWORD EACH WEEK SO THAT COACHES WHO HAVE ALREADY HAD THEIR MEET WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS. THIS IS FOR YOUR MEET’S PROTECTION AND INTEGRITY.
The materials on the password protected sections of the website are intentionally made off limits to all other coaches/persons so that our membership can rely on the integrity of the materials. If you are NOT hosting a meet, you will not be able to gain access to these materials. Please do not ask to do so.
Also, if you, or your school, is not a member of this organization, please do not sign up on the Members section of the website. You will be removed by the Administrator.
Please, if you have questions about how to navigate the site either call me at 612-209-1998, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be happy to attempt to answer/solve any questions and problems you might have in as timely a manner as I am able.
Hosting dates: please remember to bring your show dates and hosting dates to the fall meeting.
New Ruling on Membership for Website, and Usage of Password Protected Material on the Website
“The website is for the paid members only. Non-member coaches who post themselves as members on the website will be either asked to be members of the organization, or if there is no contact information for that person or they choose not to be members, the webmaster will simply eliminate the individual from the website membership page (preferably in some sort of Hunger Games style method). Finally, the discussion tasks are for schools that host only.”
Webmaster's note, since all the password protected pages draw from the same password; all areas, not just Discussion tasks will have to be "for host school use only".