My farm is located in Central Arkansas, specifically Butlerville Arkansas.
Butlerville is on the map, but our Post Office is located in Ward, our phone service is out of Cabot. We are truly out in the country! Butlerville is South of Beebe, North of Lonoke, and East of Cabot.
* To provide for my home milk supply and milk for use in making cheese, butter, yogurt, fudge, and goat milk soap.
* To provide the highest quality raw milk for on farm milk sales as permitted by the state of Arkansas.
* To produce goat milk soap and goat milk fudge. These items are sold at the Cabot Farmers Market, and from the farm premises.
* And last, but not least, I am all about extended lactations in Nubian Dairy Goats. I enjoy breeding for does that can milk through two or more years without being bred and kidding every year.
* I maintain a closed herd. My goats do not go to shows, or any other place that they would be in contact with other livestock. This eliminates exposure to anything infectious or contagious, and helps me to maintain a healthier herd.
* Another health concern targeting Nubian goats is the genetic defect G-6-S. Please see my article on the G6S Page. I wrote this article in 2008 and some changes have been made on the availability of testing for this genetic defect since then.
It has been a hard lesson to learn, but in March of 2013 I lost over half of my goats to a dog attack. I now believe that not only are good fences necessary, but also the goats need to be protected by Livestock Guardian Dogs. These are my "Guardian Angels".
The year 2020 has brought many changes, although kidding season, bottle feeding goat kids, and milking the does has proceeded as usual. I have started posting on my public farm page on Facebook as Calm & Gentle Dairy Goat Farm, and I encourage you to come like and follow. I still sell Goat Milk, Goat Milk Soap, and Goat Milk Fudge on the farm premises.
If you have any questions about anything on this site, or just want to discuss anything to do with dairy goats, their care and management, or buy some of their milk, or any other products made from their milk, please send me an email or text my phone.
501-605-2556 Text only, please!