Dan and Nancy serving with FamilyLife
Why We Serve
Families are hurting and in desperate need of help, but where do you find help for issues that are so… personal?
People are often seeking answers to questions like:
- How can I make my marriage last?
- How can I communicate with my spouse?
- How can we successfully raise our children in today’s culture?
It’s true now more than ever before that families are hurting.
Over 100 years ago, Abraham Lincoln observed “The strength of a nation lies in the homes of its people.” Our former president could not have known how relevant his comment would be today. Note some recent statistics on the family and marriage:
At FamilyLife, we have answers!
- For every two marriages each year, divorce tears a marriage apart.
- By the year 2020, over 40% of all Americans will come from broken homes.
- 25% of today's brides are pregnant.
- 57% of teens will have sex by age 17 and 55% of babies are born to unwed mothers.
- A mother spends 30 minutes per week on average in meaningful conversation with her children, A father spends only 15 minutes.
- America is the unrivaled leader in divorce rates worldwide.
- Young people in the U.S. marrying for the first time face roughly a 40% chance of divorcing within their lifetime according to current trends.
- In 1998, 2.2 million people got married and 974,000 got divorced.
- Of first marriages that end in divorce, many end in the first three to five years.
- Marital problems are associated with decreased work productivity, especially for men.
- Divorced people are twice as likely to become alcoholics in their lifetimes, three times as likely to commit suicide, and three times as likely to be depressed.
We’re committed to helping people learn biblical principles that will provide answers to today’s questions, and help them build their family in a way that glorifies God.
We believe the family is crucial to the fulfillment of the Great Commission, so we are committed to reaching the world with the good news of Jesus Christ… One Home At A Time. For this reason, we continue to follow God’s leading at FamilyLife as we develop new and creative ways to help people strengthen their marriage and family to build a legacy of Christ centered love for generations to come.
We can see how the Lord is using us to make an eternal difference in the lives of those we serve!
More information on How To Join Us!