Welcome to the Home of the Standard Welding Pro-Six Racing Series

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > 2012 Rules update

Warren Smigo

Quick change rears will be allowed.  Quick change ratios must be +/- 0.02 from available Toyota rears.

Cylinders may be bored to 0.020" over.

Maximum sway bar diameter 1 1/4 "

Sway bar must be 1" 48 spline hookup.

Maximum inside diameter of springs will be  2 1/2 or 2 5/16 (yet to be determined) but nothing greater than 2 5/16

Camshafts are limited to a maximum lift of 0.393". Camshafts are limited to the following specified durations: 248/248, 252/252, 264/262 (intake/exhaust). The 264/262 is the "Euro Cam"

Chassis dimentions will be available soon.  According to Shane Laws, all new chassis's that are being built are within reasonable Pro-6 specs.

Also, for all cars that are still running the Toyota rear end, you are not at a disadvantage to the quick change.  Carl's Racing Products will have plenty of Toyota axles and rear ends if you need them.

These are not all the rules, of course, but just some of the main ones that needed to be addressed ASAP.

December 21, 2011 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RACIN-6

ok got ya. tanks warren! only thing i want from this is who ever has a quick change i want it inspected after every race if they make top 4 or 5. im fine with the quick change only if this happens!

December 22, 2011 at 3:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Warren Smigo

OOPS!   Make that 2 5/8 max on spring inside diameter. (not 2 5/16 DUH)

December 23, 2011 at 9:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Don 7

Euro-cams? Reminds me of an old arabian proverb, "If the camel once gets his nose in the tent, his body will soon follow."

December 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

joe white

calm down with the quick change stuff. i dont think someone is going to cheat with a quick change especially since it is the fastest thing to check. if the 51 car shows up with a toyota rear then i would be worried about cheating

December 26, 2011 at 8:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.