Welcome to the Home of the Standard Welding Pro-Six Racing Series

Forums

Forum Home > Tech Tips > Tech Tips

Josh Settlage

I would like to elaborate on the master cylinder Joe talked about.

Let me first say this master cylinder yields no competitive advantage, it is merely

a safety concern. The tandem master cylinder incorporates a 2 independent circuits (you

loose one you still have the other). Pressure from the pedal is distributed over the 2 circuits

and adjused with a bias valve like our normal setup. This master cylinder is made by wilwood and bolts on to the same bolt pattern as the single circuit system. If you want to continue relying on just 1 10 cent o ring to stop your whole car at 105 mph down the strait be my guest. I saw this and I was hooked.

Warren if you remember that time you cut your brakeline and had no front or rear brakes at southside, this would have let you lock up the rears and do a cool fishtale.

It is a 120 dollar part that takes under 10 minutes too install.

--

The Joose

March 5, 2009 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Josh Settlage

Also, a little bit on the rear spoiler.

Lose it - there is nothing in the rules that say we can't. They are nothing but an airbrake on the straits and do not provide adequate downforce around corners at the tracks we run. 

I was running CAD windtunnel simulations here at school and they do more harm than good (unless we pick up our cornering speeds by 10 mph). If everyone loses them we might pick up the pace as a series a little bit.

--

The Joose

March 5, 2009 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Josh Settlage

also Ashley, is there any way we can create a new folder under the forum just for tech tips - could be usefull....

March 5, 2009 at 5:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Warren Smigo

Hey Josh,  Thanks for the info!!

March 9, 2009 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.