Due to the large number of recipes being submitted for publication on the YaleCooks website it was decided that it was important to get the recipes on the web shortly after they are submitted. We will do the layout, include more photos, add links, and edit when we have more time. We hope you agree with this decision.
Google search: poha cutlets (click on the three icons to see photos-videos and links to internet recipes)
First added: 2013-01-18; Last edited: 2013-01-24
Anjana's "Flattened Rice (Poha) Vegetable Cutlets" .
Author: Anjana Maheshwari (OISS-ISPY).
Recipe source (eg. grandma) Sister Preparation time (steps & total) 40-50 minutes Ingredient: 2 cups Flattened Rice Flakes(Poha) About 10-12 pieces Beans chopped in small size and slightly boiled 1 medium sized Carrot chopped in small size and slightly boiled 1/4 cups Peas - defreezed and slightly boiled (beans,carrots and peas can be boiled together for about 5-10 minutes) 2 medium sized Potatoes - Boiled and mashed 1 1/2 tsp Salt(or to taste) 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds 1/4 inch Finely chopped green chillies 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) 1 tsp Chaat Masala 1tsp Oil 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder 1-2 tbsp Corn Starch(may or may not be necessary) Oil To stir fry the cutlets Instructions:1. In a non-stick pan heat oil. Once oil is hot add in green chillies and cumin seeds and stir.
2. Once the cumin seeds starts to sputter, add the veggies except potato.
3. Add the turmeric powder and red chilli powder and saute the vegetables.
4. Once the vegetables are tender, wash the flattened rice flakes under tap water in a strainer so that water does not stay with flakes for long time(flakes tend to moisten very fast and may get mashed if kept in water for long time) and add in the pan
5. Stir the rice flakes for about 2 minutes and add salt now.
6. Once everything is mixed and cooked properly, turn the stove off and allow to cool
7. Add this time add the mashed potatoes, dry mango powder and chaat masal
8. Mix everything with hand. Now you can form balls and shape them in the form of cutlet.
9. Prepare cutlets with this. You can use little bit of corn starch and water in case you see that you are not able to shape the cutlets very well
10. Stir Fry the cutlets using oil and you are ready to serve
Alternate Links: http://nishamadhulika.com/674-poha-cutlet-recipe.html
comments powered by Disqus