Please contact YaleCooks to share practical advice and the recipes you use. More versions will be added as necessary.
Please let YaleCooks know if you have variations or suggestions for improving this recipe!
Google search: ras malai (click on the three icons to see photos-videos and links to internet recipes)
First added: 2012-11-28; Last edited: 2012-12-02
Anjana's ras malai.
Author: Anjana Maheshwari (Yale ISPY).
Ras malai is a popular Indian sweet.
This recipe was prepared and shared during a YaleCooks potluck dinner (2012-11-15).
Essential Supplies & Ingredients: (makes enough for 10 - 12 servings)
• 1 pot or deep frying pan
• Preparing Ras Malai: (15 - 20 minutes)
1) Using a pot or deep frying pan heat milk using high heat, stirring occasionally, until boiling.
2) Lower the heat to medium and continue heating for 7 - 10 minutes, stirring continuously, until thickened. Add saffron leaves.
3) Add sugar. Reduce heat to low or medium.
4) Squeeze rasgullas (from Anajana's recipe, step #12) to remove extra moisture (but do not squeeze very tightly). Add to sweetened milk. Continue cooking for 3 - 4 minutes.
5) Continue cooking until the milk has reached the desired consistency.
6) Sprinkle cardamom powder over ras malai.
7) Serve warm or store in the refrigerator to serve chilled.
Assessment and Possible Improvements:
• Annotated Internet Links:
• Recommended Cookbooks:
comments powered by Disqus