Due to the large number of recipes being submitted for publication on the YaleCooks website it was decided that it was important to get the recipes on the web shortly after they are submitted. We will do the layout, include more photos, add links, and edit when we have more time. We hope you agree with this decision.
Google search: spicy peanut sauce (click on the three icons to see photos-videos and links to internet recipes)
First added: 2013-01-21; Last edited: 2013-01-29
Anjana's "Paratha filled with cabbage, carrots, & paneer cheese".
Author: Anjana Maheshwari (OISS-ISPY).
Recipe source (eg. grandma) Mother Preparation time (steps & total) 20-30 Ingredients: (for filling) 1 cup Chopped cabbage(chopped in thin strands) 1/2 cup Peeled and shredded carrots 1/4 cup Crushed paneer(Indian cottage cheese) To taste Salt To taste Pepper Ingredient: (for paratha) 1 cups All purpose flour As required Water To Stir Fry Oil Oregano(optional, for seasoning) Instructions:1. Knead the paratha dough by adding water into all purpose flour as required (approximately 1/2 cup water should be sufficient. However you should add water slowly to make sure you get nice soft dough)
2. Cover the dough and let it rest for atleast 15 minutes
3. While the dough is resting cut the veggies.
4. Mix all the ingredients for filling in a bowl. Paneer is used so that the cabbage and carrot can bind roughly
5. Use a little oil in your hands and knead the dough for 2-3 more minutes just so that it becomes very smooth. Now divide the dough into 8-10 small balls, or may be more(you need small balls as you want to roll out very thin parathas. You can select the size as per your choice. I generally make palm size parathas)
6. Roll very thin parathas and keep them spread on a big plate or clean counter. Make sure not to keep the parathas one above other as it might get stick
7. Now take one paratha and spread about 2 tbsp of filling mixture, leaving about 1/2 cm of outer boundry
8. Add another paratha on top of it and seal through the outer edges, using your hands. Be gentle however make sure you seal it properly.
9. Repeat for other parathas as well
10. Now stir fry these parathas till golden brown on both sides, on a griddle using oil.
11. Sprinkle some oregano --- optional. Serve with ketchup, coriander chutney or enjoy as is
comments powered by Disqus