John Vanderlip was born October 1, 1758, probably in Pennsylvania and died April 18, 1824 in Niagara District, Ontario, Canada. He married Lucinda Tuttle September 14, 1784 in Manchester, Vermont. Lucinda was born December 1, 1769 probably near Mascouche, Quebec, Canada and died April 8, 1846 in Brantford, Ontario, Canada. She was the daughter of Stephen Tuttle had five brothers who served in the British Army during the Revolutionary War.
- Children of John Vanderlip and Lucinda Tuttle:
- William Vanderlip, b. December 13, 1786 in Manchester, Vermont, d. December 20, 1847 in LeRoy, New York
- Stephen Vanderlip, b. December 31, 1789 in Manchester, Vermont, d. September 9, 1871 in Waverly, New York
- John Vanderlip, b. August 25, 1791
- Swift Vanderlip, b. September 2, 1793
- Robert Vanderlip, b. December 7, 1795, d. October 4, 1873 in Grand River, Ontario, Canada
- Ira Vanderlip, b. January 26, 1797
- Nancy Vanderlip, b. January 1, 1799
- Betsey (Elizabeth) Vanderlip, b. August 9, 1801 in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, d. October 4, 1873
- Mary Vanderlip, b. November 9, 1803
- Willson Vanderlip, b. May 13, 1806
- Mark Vanderlip, b. July 1, 1808 in Vermont, d. April 1876 in Goodell, Michigan
- Addison Vanderlip, b. June 27, 1810 in New York State, d. in Ontario, Canada
Swift Vanderlip was born September 26, 1793 in Manchester, Vermont and died October 21, 1868 in Manchester, Vermont. He married Polly Sutherland, the daughter of Samuel Sutherland (1745 - ~) and Rachel Purdy (1745 - ~), in 1808 in Manchester, Vermont. Polly was born September 8, 1790 in Manchester, Vermont, and died May 9, 1868 in Manchester, Vermont.
- Children of Swift Vanderlip and Polly Sutherland:
- Nelson Vanderlip, b. May 3, 1809, d. March 28, 1906 in Buffalo, New York
- Martin Vanderlip, b. about March 6, 1815, d. December 2, 1857 in Manchester, Vermont, age 42 years, 8 months, 26 days
- John Vanderlip, drowned in Lake Champlain when young
- Truman Vanderlip, b. September 3, 1812 in Manchester Vermont
Truman Vanderlip was born September 3, 1812 in Manchester, Vermont and died April 9, 1900 in Brighton, Livingston Co., Michigan. He first married Caroline Presson January 3, 1832 in Manchester, Bennington Co, Vermont. Caroline was born in Massachussetts and died in 1850 in New York State.
- Children of Truman Vanderlip and Caroline Presson:
- Lowren Vanderlip, b. May 23, 1833 in Vermont, October 16, 1893 in Iowa
- John Swift Vanderlip, b. April 5, 1836 in Bennington County, Vermont
- Henry Vanderlip, b. January 25, 1838 in New York, 1908 in Oregon
- Harrison Vanderlip, b. July 12, 1840 in New York State
- Mary Vanderlip, b. August 14, 1842 in New York State
- Jennie Vanderlip, b. November 19, 1844 in New York State, d. 1883 in Iowa
Truman Vanderlip then married Olive Presson in Collins, New York. Olive was born August 12, 1810 in Massachussetts and died September 3, 1897 in Brighton, Livingston Co., Michigan. Olive was the sister of Caroline Presson Vanderlip and the widow of John Becker, whom she married May 19, 1838.
- Children of Truman Vanderlip and Olive Presson:
- Caroline Vanderlip, b. February 17, 1852 in Boston, New York
- Truman C. Vanderlip, b. February 17, 1852 in Boston, New York
JOHN SWIFT VANDERLIP
John Vanderlip was born April 5, 1836 in Bennington County, Vermont and died February 3, 1905 in Denver Colorado. He was the son of William Vanderlip who was born in Europe, possibly Holland and died in the fall of 1785 in Canada. John Vanderlip married Mary Elizabeth Vise , the daughter of Aaron Vise (1818 - ~) and Lucinda Mason (1823 - ~) on January 12, 1860 in Missouri. She was born March 11, 1841 in Page County, Iowa, and died April 13, 1919 in Denver, Colorado.
John Swift Vanderlip, one of the pioneers of Denver and Colorado, was taken from Vermont by his parents when quite young to Buffalo, NY. When he had reached the age of 16 his parents moved to Detroit and he started out to do for himself, going first to Mississippi where he worked as a raftsman, riverhand and wood cutter for three years. He went then to southwestern Iowa where he was engaged in farming and cattle raising for two years. Soon after his marriage he made his first trip to Denver as a freighter, and this trip being successful, he determined to follow it up, making in all seventeen trips across the plains behind mule teams, and having many exciting adventures. On his last trip, which was during an Indian disturbance, he took his family with him, having previously purchased what is known as Sand Creek Place, five miles north of Denver, where he kept a road house and toll road which he built across the creek. This was the route of all passenger and freight traffic into Denver until the Union Pacific railroad was built. After a few years he sold the toll road to the county, disposed of the hotel, and moved to a ranch on the west side of the Platte, near what is known as Henderson's Island. The year following he took up a homestead on Sand Creek, above where the Union Pacific makes its crossing, and after gaining title to this place he moved to Denver in 1873, purchasing what was called the old ames soap factory, now 23rd and Lorimer streets. At this time it was outside the city limits. He kept a grocery store for a time, but went back to farming and cattle raising for several years. He then returned to Denver and bought land with such good judgement that he saw the city grow up around his property, and his estate at his death was valued at several hundred thousand dollars. The Vanderlip, Van Derlip, Vander Lippe Family in America Compiled by Charles Edwin Booth Published New York 1914.
- Children of John Swift Vanderlip and Mary Elizabeth Vise:
- Lowren Clement Vanderlip, b. November 23, 1860 in Iowa
- Fernando Sylvanus Vanderlip, b. June 19, 1862, d January 7, 1864
- Miles Arnon Vanderlip, b. January 11, 1864, d. March 19, 1864
- Ariadna Bianca Vanderlip, b. February 26, 1865, d. December 11, 1865
- Mary Bertha Vanderlip, b. January 25, 1868 in Colorado
- John DeAlvarado Vanderlip, b. January 8, 1870, d. July 17, 1870
- Jennie Emeline Vanderlip, b. April 11, 1871 in Colorado
- Laura Inez Vanderlip, b. September 11, 1873 in Denver, Colorado
- Edith Ruperta Vanderlip, b. April 30. 1875 in Colorado, d. March 15, 1895
- Tilden Bismarck Vanderlip, b. March 27, 1877, d. December 31, 1901
- Ben Roy Vanderlip, b. October 17, 1883 in Colorado
BEN ROY VANDERLIP
Ben Vanderlip was born October 17, 1883 in Colorado and died February 2, 1967 in Inglewood, Los Angeles County, California. He married Belle McKee on June 1, 1902 in Colorado. She was born April 27, 1884 in Nebraska, and died September 11, 1960 in Los Angeles, California.
- Children of Ben Roy Vanderlip and Belle McKee:
- John Ben Vanderlip, b. April 16, 1903 in Colorado
- George Tilden Vanderlip, b. October 21, 1909 in Colorado
GEORGE TILDEN VANDERLIP
George Vanderlip was born October 21, 1909 in Colorado and died June 4, 1971 in Colton, San Bernadino, California. He married Frances Virginia Derrow. She was born ~1923 in Virginia and died ~1991 in California.
- Children of George Tilden Vanderlip and Frances Virginia Derrow:
- Raymond Edward Vanderlip, b. November 1940 in California, d. August 1996 in Southgate, California
- Georgia Carrol Vanderlip, b. June 8, 1945, in Bell Gardens, California
- Fredrick James Vanderlip, b. July 23, 1946, in Bell Gardens, California
FREDRICK JAMES VANDERLIP
Fredrick Vanderlip was born July 23, 1946, in Bell Gardens, California. He married Mary Jane Villanueva. She was born September 19, 1950 in San Ysidro, California. He died May 27th 2007 in Mesa Arizona.
- Children of Fredrick James Vanderlip and Mary Jane Villanueva:
- Benjamin Coe Vanderlip, b. August 11, 1971 in Port Hueneme, California
- Richard Lee Vanderlip, b. July 15, 1974 in Long Beach, C