If you have very little experience in front of the camera and/or plan to have 3-4 changes of clothes or looks, I will direct you as to what looks great. There is no right or wrong, and we will have plenty of time for getting the best results. As we go along, you will have lots of time to get comfortable in front of the camera and have multiple looks.
* Please get a good nights sleep the night before the session. If you feel tired, it will show in the pictures.
* Avoid using alcohol and tobacco products the night before (afterwards, it's up to you!!!).
* If you have someone special that these portraits are for, it's good to know what he/she wants, and let me know - indoor or outdoor, close-up or ???, etc. Feel free to bring me a photo from a magazine or from the internet that you would like to look like.
* Hair should be cut, colored and styled to your liking. Please bring your own gel, comb, or hairbrush.
* I recommend using a makeup artist to get the best possible results (I am currently planning on having one available, but until then you would be responsible for finding/choosing a makeup artist. Preferably try to have makeup done before you show up. You can choose to have the makeup artist do the makeup at the session, but you must choose a session package that allows enough time for makeup and photo shoot (should not be a problem as we schedule up to 4 hours for the shoot). Your makeup artist should stay during session for occasional touch-ups. Makeup should take 45min-1hr. Makeup should look natural. If we shoot in the afternoon, you'll be all set for a night on the town.
* If you wish, you can have your favorite music handy to listen to during the session. This may not work on an outdoor location.
* Bring 2-4 changes of clothes. Solid Colors (black, dark blue, gray or pastel colors, white works for some people). Please do not wear clothes that will take the focus from your face (i.e. - no plaids or bright yellows, etc.). Wear something you will be comfortable in and that is darker or lighter then your skin tone which will create contrast and frame your face. Since you can get color and/or B&W pictures, consider bringing solid color clothes that look good on you. Be aware that when converted to black and white the color will turn to a shade of gray. Bring a variety of necklines. When in doubt, bring it with you.
* If you wear glasses please take out the lenses to prevent glare. Sometimes this may not be necessary depending on lighting.
* If possible bring samples of pictures you love.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will I have to sign a Model Release? No, however, you will receive a discount for doing so. There are a couple of model release options available. We will ask if you would be willing to sign a Limited Model Release allowing us to display your images so that we may show examples of our work for a $25 discount, or a full release for a $51 discount. In order to qualify for special promotional photography sessions, we request the full release.
Can I bring a friend or chaperone? Definitely! Do anything you need to be completely at ease. In order to photograph you at your best, you need to be completely comfortable and relaxed. If you prefer to bring someone you are familiar with, please do. We only ask that they do not make suggestions during the session (OK only during a break).
Do you have age restrictions? No, but If you are under 18 years old, a parent or guardian is required to be present for the entire session. For this reason, I require a photo ID showing your age.
Why do I need a good nights sleep before the session? Your eyes are your most important feature, and if they are tired, it will show. They need to project your energy and feelings, and be alive.
What if I want to pose in lingerie or have other special requests? When you schedule a session, you are hiring us to photograph you in the manner you choose. If you wish to pose in lingerie or request something else for whatever purpose (for boyfriend, husband, dating site, or yourself), we can do that for you (if you have a favorite picture you wish to look like, please bring it with you to show photographer). Whatever you decide, we want to work with you to make sure you get exactly what you want.
What if any of the following problems happen: Bad hair day, stretch marks show, temporary skin problems, allergies, irritated eyes, illnesses, fatigue, hangovers, poor make-up, bad weather, wardrobe malfunctions or defects (including wrinkles, rips, and, stains), or sweat, static electricity, or matters beyond my control (i.e. acts of god)? Some problems can be retouched. For illnesses or eye problems, best to reschedule the session. You want you to get the best images possible - so it is important for you to come prepared to have great photos and an enjoyable time.