- StarCraft II Fact Sheet – August 2007 -
Title: StarCraft II
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Genre: Real-Time Strategy
Platforms: PC, Mac
Game Overview: StarCraft II continues the epic saga of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced real-time strategy sequel to the legendary original, StarCraft. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and brand-new unit types will do battle across the galaxy, as each faction struggles for survival.
Featuring a unique single-player campaign that picks up where StarCraft: Brood War left off, StarCraft II will present a cast of new heroes and familiar faces in an edgy sci-fi story filled with adventure and intrigue. In addition, Blizzard will again offer unparalleled online play through Battle.net, the company's world-renowned gaming service, with several enhancements and new features to make StarCraft II the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game.
· Fast-paced, hard-hitting, tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game
· Three completely distinct races: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg
· New units and gameplay mechanics further distinguish each race
· Groundbreaking single-player "story-mode" campaign
· Vibrant new 3D-graphics engine with support for dazzling visual effects and massive unit and army sizes
· Full multiplayer support, with new competitive features and matchmaking utilities available through Battle.net
· Full map-making and scripting tools to give players incredible freedom in customizing and personalizing their gameplay experience
Please keep in mind that all information contained in this fact sheet
may change as development on StarCraft II progresses. This fact
sheet is provided for informational purposes only.