Forums

Forum Home > Site Suggestions > Episodes' transcriptions

LeColl?gedel'Espace

Hi!

I'm a fan from Brazil and I've been downloading the episodes.

I've been studying English for three years now, but obviously I don't understand everything that is said.

It would be a great help if the site could provide English transcriptions for foreign fans, so we would know what Brett, Josh and Yoko are saying exactly.

Thank you already.

--
April 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Christopher
Site Owner

Glad to see that Team Galaxy has fans from other parts of the world. I understand your concern, and although it would be great to provide transcripts and translations for the episodes, it is not something that we currently plan to do, due to the vast amount of work that it would require. 

I hope that you can still enjoy Team Galaxy despite the language complications, and I wish you luck with learning the English language. :)

Also, your English is actually very good. A lot better than some people I know who have English as their primary language :P

April 20, 2013 at 2:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Christopher
Site Owner

Also, you can find all the episodes over on our official YouTube channel. Could be an alternative to downloading all of the episodes (especially if you have slow internet like I do, lol)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamGalaxyFan1/videos?flow=list&view=0&sort=dd

April 20, 2013 at 2:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LeColl?gedel'Espace

Well, actually, I have all them downloaded by now. I think it's better because I won't have to wait in the case I want to watch the episodes again. Thank you for providing the episodes of this great animated series!

Do you like other productions of Marathon as well, like Totally Spies! or Martin Mystery?

May 14, 2013 at 12:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LeColl?gedel'Espace

As of the matter about the transcriptions...

I knew this was probably going to be the response, so I had already come up with an alternative. So, I'd like to politely ask you to consider.

What if I made all the transcriptions only (don't worry about translations; that part is easy and I can do it by myself) and your job would be only to review them and correct the mistakes of my comprehension? I guarantee you the "amount of work required" would decrease at least 75%. This would also be good for me, since my understanding of the language would keep improving.

Why don't we try it as an experiment with only one episode to see how it goes? I would need an e-mail account of yours. Then you could see if it would give us so much work.

Thank you about your compliments about my English. As a matter of fact, my goal in getting these transcriptions is to obtain an accurate script of the show in order to make the subtitles in Portuguese for all the episodes and upload them in a site here for expanding the number of fans of Team Galaxy. Who knows, maybe with more fans around the world, there might be more new seasons...

May 14, 2013 at 12:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Christopher
Site Owner

Please forgive the lateness of my reply (I don't check this site very often anymore due to the low activity it's been getting). If you would like to do the transcriptions yourself, then I won't stop you, and I will gladly offer what assistance I can. However, I am a bit curious as to how you wish to present the transcripts. Sure, I could edit the Close Captions on the official channel, but again, that would require more work than I alone can handle, and there's no way to simply insert any subtitles you send me without typing them all out by hand. Simply including a transcript below would be too much of an inconvenience to viewers, having to scroll down and back up whenever they wanted to verify a quote. What ideas did you have in mind?

June 3, 2013 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Christopher
Site Owner

Also, if you want an easier method to contact me, you can find the email I use for this site over on my profile. I can guarantee a much faster response if you contact me via that. :)

Also, can't say I really watch any other shows produced by Marathon. Though I usually watch a lot of anime over on Crunchyroll.com :P

June 3, 2013 at 12:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

1141 views - 0 comments
1204 views - 0 comments
1094 views - 2 comments