St John the Baptist Faith Formation

We are lifelong learners, growing in knowledge, love and servitude of God

Faith Formation Mission Statement

We are lifelong learners, growing in knowledge, love and servitude of God

 

*To see what our programs are please see the TLC page!


 

Our History

    St. John the Baptist was established in 1856 in Dayton, MN. They used to worship in a log cabin a mile from the current site. In 1866, a wooden church was erected just north of the current church, which served until 1904!
    On Thanksgiving Day 1904, the current brick building was dedicated. Fr. Pettigrew was the pastor then. The architect style is Gothic, and the footprint of the church is in the form of a cross, or “Cruciform” in style. The bell tower stands 150 ft with a 13 foot
cross. The second belfry reaches 96 ft, with a 7 ft cross.
    Permission was granted in 1890 to build the rectory, which was completed in 1895. This too has seen many changes, such as significant repairs to the foundation, removal of the copula, and porches and the windmill. Horse stalls have given way to a new garages well.