PRINCIPAL & CONTROLLER, SMS MEDICAL COLLEGE,JAIPUR
| "Maharshi Charak shapath" |
O Dwij (twice born) ! Facing the east and in the presence of holy fire and the learned people take the oath that:
- During the period of study I shall live a life of self control, piety and discipline. Submitting myself to my Guru (teachers) with complete dedicated feeling, I shall act like a son/daughter for his/her welfare and happiness. My action shall be guarded, service oriented and free from indiscipline and envy. In my dealings I shall be patient, obedient, humble, constantly contemplative and calm. I shall aim my full efforts and ability towards the desired goal of my Guru. As a physician, in order to gain success and fame and earn money I shall always use my knowledge for the welfare of living mankind.
- I shall always be ready to help patients, even when I am extremely busy and tired. I shall not harm any patient for the sake of money or selfish gain nor shall I entertain a desire for other women/men or wealth. Immorality should not figure even in my thoughts.
- My dress ought to be decent yet impressive and personality confidence inspiring. I shall always use sweet, pure, appropriate, pleasant, truthful, beneficial and polite words and using my past experience, I shall act keeping in mind the time and the place.
- I shall constantly endeavour to accomplish the newest development of knowledge.
- I (especially a male doctor) shall treat a woman only in the presence of her husband or a near relative.
- When examining a patient, my discretion, attention and senses should be concentrated on the cure of the disease. I shall not make propaganda about the confidential matters regarding patient and that family.
- Though an authority (on my subject), I shall not display my knowledge (and skill) egoistically as by it even near ones may feel insulted.