Here are four suggestions for starting new post-Thanksgiving traditions.
Three new ideas for leftover cranberry sauce (either the whole-berry or jellied type):
1. Warmed and served as an ice
2. Mixed with cream
3. Melted in a saucepan over low heat with a bit of butter and used as a chicken glaze.
One fantastic idea for everything else:
4. Cut leftover turkey into chunks and mix it with leftover gravy and veggies. Pour it into a pie plate, top it off with leftover mashed
Scroll down for more recipes
This tasty turkey casserole recipe is made with leftover turkey, leftover stuffing and gravy, and a little cranberry sauce for topping.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
· 4 cups prepared turkey stuffing
· 2 cups cooked cut up or sliced turkey
· 1¾ to 2 cups prepared turkey gravy
· 1/3 cup jellied or whole cranberry sauce, cubed
Butter bottom and sides of 2-quart baking dish. Arrange half of the stuffing in bottom of dish. Add half of the turkey then half of the gravy. Repeat layers. Top with cubes of cranberry sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 4.
By Diana Rattray, About.com
IN 3 EASY STEPS
2¼ Cups cooked turkey, cubed
2 Cups celery, diced
2 Cups Granny Smith apples, cored and diced
¼ Cup golden raisins
2 Tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
¼ Teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
¼ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
Salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl combine turkey, celery, apples and raisins.
2. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, yogurt, nutmeg & cinnamon; fold into turkey mixture
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe Source: Recipe by The National Turkey Federation
½ oz dried mushroom pieces
2 Quarts turkey broth or low-sodium chicken broth
2 Medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
2 Medium celery stalks, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons shallots, thinly sliced
2 oz dry angel hair pasta
1 Cup cooked turkey, finely chopped
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
To Taste freshly ground black pepper
8 oz fat-free cream cheese
1 Can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, with juice
¼ Cup finely chopped red onion
1 Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
3 Cups lettuce, shredded
1½ Pounds SMOKED TURKEY BREAST, shaved
½ Cup grated reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, divided
8 Thin slices sweet red onion
In small bowl combine cream cheese, chilies, onions and mustard.
Spread 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over each tortilla. In center of each tortilla, top with 1/3 cup lettuce, 3 ounces of turkey, 1 tablespoon cheese and 2 onion slices. Fold up lower edge of tortilla over filling and fold in left and right sides.
*** Roll-ups may be made several hours before seving. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate.