OLD ST PAULS CRAY VILLAGE RESIDENTS SOCIETY
Meeting held on 07/12/17
THE COMMITTEE WISHES ALL MEMBERS A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY 2018 - PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE NO JANUARY MEETING.
1 ST PAULS CRAY PARK. The fence between the park and Nash's field has been repaired and the grass has been mown. Quad bikes are, however, still causing an occasional problem - police are aware.
2 FIX MY STREET. Residents with Internet access are recommended to use www.fixmystreet.com to report any problems, which they consider need attention. This is an independent website who “harass” Bromley Council into executing remedial action.
3 LEESONS HILL/SEVENOAKS WAY. All roads have now reopened - work having been completed.
4 WASTE 4 FUEL With adequate monies having been paid by the Environmental Agency to Bromley Council work has now been completed - plans for the usage of the land were discussed at the meeting.
5. HOMEBASE. All road works to improve the layout at the junction together with yellow lines preventing parking on the approach from Main Road have been completed.
6. CHALK PIT AVENUE. Possible parking restrictions being looked at re the blind bend near top - it is, after all, a much frequented bus route.
7. PATH ALONGSIDE ALLOTMENTS. A serious sexual assault has recently taken place on the path adjacent to the allotments between Brentwood Way and Millwood Road. Residents are advised to take extra care when traversing it - particularly at night.
8. ST MARY CRAY SAFER NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICE HUB. Sadiq Khan's cost cutting measures to combat reduced monies from central government will see this close.
9. POST BOX PROVISION. Although one requested for the Nugget's shopping centre as the Post Office is unwilling to collect on private land (together with parking problems within the complex/adjacent roads) there will not be one provided.
Contact number at St Mary Cray police station is 02087212821- this will automatically go through to the community officers mobile. The office is open 7pm to 8pm Wednesdays & Thursdays and 2 pm to 3pm on Saturdays..
Next meeting - Thursday 1st February 2018 (at which a presentation of the new Cray Wanderer's site will be held) @ 8 pm in The Function Room, The Bull, Sandy Lane