Write On: My Research & Scholarship
- Read a sample of my personal memoir which was published in NeoVox, an international college student magazine.
- I participated in SUNY Cortland Scholar's Day in spring of 2007 under the direction of Dr. Denise Knight. I read excerpts from my analytic paper on Stephen Crane's Maggie: A Girl of the Streets.
- The seminar was entitled "Young Scholar's At Work: Writing Projects from students in ENG 418: American Realism and Naturalism" and stated "In this informal session, students from Knight's upper-level course, ENG 418--Realism and Naturalism in American Literature, discuss the challenges and strategies for writing seminar papers. They will address the progress of selecting topics, the development of their ideas, the challenges inherent in writing a longer paper, methods of locating secondary sources, and techniques for revision. The panelists will also share brief excerpts from their seminar papers, which focus on works by Theodore Dreiser, Stephen Crane and Kate Chopin."
- Abstract of paper on research regarding adolescent male readers, entitled "Reluctant Male Readers: The Current Reading Practices of Boys and How to Eliminate Resistance"
- Article in the SUNY Cortland English Newsletter regarding the English Club
- Listen to my podcast on slam poetry.
- Access my webquest to further support student learning with To Kill a Mockingbird.