GENERAL INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS
1.Rehearsals take place at St. Matthew's Hall, Stretford, Manchester, between 2:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on dates shown on the Annual Rehearsal Schedule. (The last Saturday in each month - except August or December - BUT also the first Saturday of September and January)
2. There is an annual subscription payable in September, which is currently £20. Anne Jerrold is in charge of subscriptions and the register of attendance.
3. Regular attendance at rehearsals and especially concerts is expected. If you know you will be absent at the following rehearsal, please enter this on the register when signing in. Please notify any other absences as soon as possible
4. The Orchestra's newsletter, 'Contact', is issued from time to time, giving up to date information about concerts and rehearsals. If you have an e-mail address, could you please let Ian Chesters know , as this newsletter can simply be e-mailed to you.
5. Refreshments are provided and are dispensed by section members in rotation - this being notified on the 'Contact' newsletter.
6. All members must bring a music stand to rehearsal. Some concert venues provide stands - this will be notified.
7. Music is provided and supplied to each member for practice purposes. New music is issued from time to time at rehearsals, via each principal, and titles that are finished with are collected in at the same time. Principals should return the folder containing new music after the rehearsal,and ensure that members of their section have only the music on the repertoire list provided in their folders.
8. Each section has a principal who is responsible for any solo playing which may arise. The section principal will help with problems to do with the music, when necessary.
9. The rehearsal before a concert takes place at the concert venue on the day, and usually takes the form of a 'once through', basically.
10. Concert dress is as follows: - Ladies: white blouse/sweater & long black skirt. Gentlemen: white shirt/black bow tie & black trousers (no jackets).
11. Alternate concert dress is all black: - Ladies: black blouse & long black skirt or trousers, or black dress. Gentlemen: black open neck & black trousers (no jackets).
Sarah Langdon, Administrator