I'd call that being an effective Commander in Chief, Mr. Kerry, and your lame attempts to paint this historical mission and tremendous victory in negative terms and throw that negativity on the very leader who had the foresight and the commitment, in the face of abject corrupt opposition abroad and here at home, do not "Kerry" any weight of moral certitude whatsoever.
- Completed the fastest, most effective military advance in military history.
- Defeated the 4th or 5th largest military in the world in quick fashion.
- Freed 30 million people from abject tyranny.
- Deposed one of the most ruthless tyrants of the last fifty years, along with his Ba'athist party.
- Destroyed all attempts by the remaining Ba'athists and their terrorist allies to regain the upper hand, killing the tyrant's two sons and capturing him in the process.
- Secured the vast majority of the nation and handed sovereignty back to the Iraqi people on schedule.
- Held the 2nd largest, freest vote in Iraqi history to vote on their own interim government, in the face of and despite terrorist attempts to thwart and disrupt that process.
- Had the interim Iraqi government develop and introduce a republican constitution on schedule, in the face of and despite terrorist attempts to thwart and disrupt that process.
- Held the largest free vote in Iraqi history to approve the constitution that the interim government proposed, with even the Sunni minority now participating in that vote, in the face of and despite terrorist attempts to thwart and disrupt that process.
- Assisted the Iraqis themselves in putting the former tyrant on trial for his crimes.
- Are preparing for what will undoubtedly be the new largest vote in Iraqi history to elect their own government under their new constitution, again, in the face of and despite terrorist attempts to thwart and disrupt that process.
- Trained an Iraqi military that is now actively taking major support and lead roles in fighting for their own free nation against their terrorist enemies, losing many more of their own lives, and spilling more of their own blood in that process than our own soldiers.
These attempts by yourself and others to try and use your political position to influence the populace and to to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory and, "cut and run", also tell us who the real "campaigners in chief" are Mr. Kerry, and its not the President. Take a long hard look in the mirror.