Áfram ÍA

English Supporter of ÍA Akranes

20/06/18.....FIVE GOALS FOR ÍA !!

There was plenty of goals at the Norðurálsvöllurinn tonight as ÍA won 5-0 against Magni in the Inkasso deildin.

Joey Guðjónsson was without the injured Garðar Gunnlaugsson, his replacement was Bjarki Steinn Bjarkason.

ÍA took the lead on 15 minutes, Albert Hafsteinsson (pictured left) with the goal. Four minutes later and it was 2-0, Bjarki Steinn Bjarkason scoring his first league goal for the club. It was 3-0 for the league leader before half time, Steinar Þorsteinsson scored after 42 minutes.

It got worse for bottom side Magni in the second half. ÍA were awarded a penalty after 72 minutes, Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson converted the spot kick. Albert Hafsteinsson rounded off the scoring in the 75th minute with his second goal of the game. Full Time 5-0 to ÍA.


With most of Iceland still in World Cup mode, the league season continues and ÍA are back in action tomorrow night.

Bottom of the table Magni are in Akranes to play league leaders ÍA. The visitors have just three points coming in a win against Víkingur Ólafsvík in mid May.

Magni are from a small village in Northern Iceland and are playing in the second tier for just the second time in their history, the last time was in 1979.

ÍA will be looking to continue the unbeaten start to the season and keep top spot in the table.


There was a link to Akranes in Iceland's 1-1 draw with Argentina in Saturdays 1-1 draw at the World Cup.

Björn Bergmann Sigurðarson (pictured left) who is an Akranes boy and played with ÍA during 2007-2008 came on as an 88th minute substitute for Iceland's goal scorer Alfreð Finnbogason.

After leaving ÍA, Bjorn has played in Norway, England, Denmark and is now with FC Rostov in Russia.

Iceland next game is against Nigeria on Friday afternoon.


Tonight's top of the table Inkasso deildin game between HK and ÍA has finished in a 0-0 draw.

There is no change at the top with ÍA still out in front with a two point lead over HK.

ÍA next game is against bottom of the table Magni in Akranes on 20th June.


With most of Iceland about to go World Cup crazy, there are still league fixtures to be played.

In the Inkasso deildin, the top two teams play tomorrow with ÍA going to Kópavogur to play HK.

ÍA have a two point lead ahead of second placed HK, a win for ÍA could see them head back to Akranes with a five point lead!!

There are some familiar faces in both squads, of course ÍA coach Joey Guðjónsson was coach at HK last year.Hörður Ingi Gunnarsson and Viktor Helgi Benediktsson were both at HK last year too.

HK have former ÍA players Ásgeir Marteinsson and Ingimar Elí Hlynsson in their squad.


ÍA have replaced HK as league leaders after a 3-0 win against ÍR at the Norðuralsvöllurinn tonight.

There was one change in Joey Guðjónsson's team with Albert Hafsteinsson starting in place of Hafþór Pétursson.

ÍA took the lead with five minutes of the first half left to play when substitute Hafþór Pétursson (pictured left) headed home a Ragnar Leósson free kick. Hafþór had replaced the injured Einar Logi Einarsson after 26 minutes.

ÍA had plenty of goal scoring chances throughout the game but some fine saves from ÍR goalkeeper Helgi Freyr Þorsteinsson kept the score down.

With only four minutes left to play and Stefán Teitur Þórðarson made it 2-0 and soon after another substitute Garðar Gunnlaugsson scored and it was 3-0.

ÍR had a good chance to pull a goal back in added on time but were thwarted by a superb save from Árni Snær Ólafsson.


Eleventh placed ÍR come to Akranes tomorrow night as the sixth round of Inkasso deildin games gets underway.

ÍR have just three points so far this season, it was a 2-0 win away to Selfoss in the second round of games. They will have former ÍA defender Aron Ingi Kristinsson in the squad.

03/06/18.....ÍA WIN AWAY TO FRAM

A second half goal was enough for ÍA as they picked up a 1-0 win away to Fram this afternoon.

ÍA went into the game at the Framvöllur with Bjarki Steinn Bjarkason starting a league game for the first time. Albert Hafsteinsson was in the squad for the first time after being on loan to Kári.

The only goal of the game was scored by Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson after 49 minutes. Fram had the chance to level the scores when they were awarded a 68th minute penalty. Guðmundur Magnússon had his spot kick saved by Árni Snær Ólafsson (pictured above).

ÍA are in second place in the table, first place is HK and both teams have 13 points. ÍA next game is against ÍR in Akranes on Friday.


After the midweek cup win against Grindavík, ÍA are back in league action tomorrow afternoon.

They make the short trip into Reykjavík to play Fram.

Fram are in fourth place in the table and like ÍA their aim must be promotion back to the top tier.

01/06/18.....ÍA DRAWN AT HOME IN CUP

The draw for the Quarter Finals of the Mjólkurbikar was made last night, and ÍA were drawn against FH.

FH lost last years final 1-0 against ÍBV.

The game will be played at the Norðurálsvöllurinn on 25th June.


A late goal from Arnar Már Guðjónsson (pictured left) gave ÍA a 2-1 win at Grindavík and a place in the draw for the quarter finals of the Mjólkurbikar.

ÍA went into the game with on loan defender Ástbjörn Þórðarson starting, and also Bjarki Steinn Bjarkason too.

With no goals in the first half it was ÍA who took the lead on 48 minutes, Steinar Þorsteinsson scoring his sixth goal of the tournament. The home team levelled the scores on 79 minutes, Aron Jóhannesson scoring for Grindavík.

With the game looking like going into extra time, it was ÍA who got the winning goal from Arnar Már Guðjónsson.


It's a break from league football for ÍA tomorrow night as they have a Fourth Round game in The Mjólkurbikar to play.

The opponents are Grindavík who have been a big surprise in the Pepsi Deildin so far this season, they are in second place in the table. They won 2-1 against reigning champions Valur at the weekend.

The game will be played in Grindavík at the Grindavíkurvöllur.


Valur have recalled Andri Adolphsson (pictured left) from his loan spell at ÍA.

Valur who won the Pepsi Deild last year are currently in mid table and have made the decision to bring Andri back into the squad.

Andri had made 4 substitute appearances in the league for ÍA scoring his first goal in the draw with Njarðvík last Friday.


Njarðvík scored a late equalizer as ÍA perfect start came to an end in Akranes tonight.

Joey Guðjónsson kept the same team for the third consecutive game.

The visitors took a shock lead after just four minutes, ÍA keeper Árni Snær Ólafsson letting a long range effort go through his legs. Stefán Teitur Þór­ðarson levelled the scores on 36 minutes with his third goal of the season.

Substitute Andri Adolphsson (pictured left) scored on 65 minutes to put ÍA into a 2-1 lead. Njarðvík were awarded a penalty in the 73rd minute, Andri Fannar Freysson smashed the spot kick against the cross bar. With only five minutes left to play, Magnus Þór Magnssúon headed home from a corner to make it 2-2.

24/05/18.....CAN ÍA MAKE IT FOUR ON THE RUN !!

Joey Guðjónsson will be looking for his team to continue their perfect start to the season tomorrow when Njarðvík come to Akranes.

ÍA have won the first three games of the season and Steinar Þorsteinsson has scored in each of the games.

The visitors are in seventh place with four points from their opening three games. They lost their last game 1-0 at home to Þór.

18/05/18.....ANOTHER WIN FOR ÍA

ÍA maintained their perfect start to the season with a 3-1 win against Haukar tonight to make it three consecutive wins.

Joey Guðjónsson kept the same starting eleven from the previous game against Þór, new loan signing Ástbjörn Þórðarson was on the bench.

Steinar Þorsteinsson opened the scoring for ÍA on 30 minutes, his third goal of the season. Two second half goals from Stefán Teitur Þórðarson (pictured above) on 56 and 67 minutes made sure the winning run continued. Haukar pulled a goal back with six minutes remaining, Daði Snær Ingason with the consolation goal.


Can ÍA continue their 100% start to the Inkasso deildin tomorrow night when they play Haukar.

Haukar are in fourth place in the table, they have four points. The visitors drew 2-2 at home to Þór in the opening round of games and last week they won 3-1 at home to Magni.

ÍA new loan signing Ástbjörn Þórðarson from KR should be available for the game. The game is set to be played at the Norðurálsvöllurinn after the last home game was moved into the Akraneshöllin.


Jóhannes Karl Guðjónsson has added Ástbjörn Þórðarson to his squad ahead of Fridays league game at home to Haukar.

The 18 year old defender comes on loan from KR. He made his league debut for the Reykjavík club in 2016 and made 6 appearances and scored one goal last season.

He has represented Iceland at both U17 and U19 levels.

10/05/18.....ANOTHER WIN FOR ÍA

ÍA have picked up another three points this evening with a 1-0 win in Akureyri against Þór.

Garðar Gunnlaugsson (pictured left) came into the starting line up in place of Ólafur Valur Valdimarsson.

The only goal of the game was scored in the 49th minute by Steinar Þorsteinsson.

The pitch at the Þórsvöllur was in poor condition after the winter with plenty of bare patches.


ÍA make the long trip to Akureyri in Northern Iceland to play Þór tomorrow evening as the second round of games in the Inkasso deildin gets underway.

Þór drew their opening game 2-2 away to Haukar on Saturday afternoon.

05/05/18.....ÍA START WITH A WIN

ÍA started the new season with a 1-0 win against Leiknir in the Akraneshöllin this afternoon.

Joey Guðjónsson had new signings Hörður Ingi Gunnarsson and Einar Logi Einarsson in defence, Ragnar Leósson also started on his return to the club.

The only goal of the game was scored by Steinar Þorsteinsson (pictured left) on 61 minutes.

ÍA next game is away to Þór in Akureyri on Thursday.


The long wait is finally over, as this year's league campaign for ÍA gets underway on Saturday afternoon.

Leiknir Reykjavík are the opposition tomorrow, but the game will be played in the Akraneshöllin rather than the Norðurálsvöllurinn as the grass is not ready to play on.

New winter signings Hörður Ingi Gunnarsson, Helgi Viktor Benediktsson and Ragnar Leósson will all be looking to play, it will also be the first league game in charge for new coach Joey Guðjónsson.


With just a few days to go before the Inkasso deildin gets underway and the usual pre season predictions have taken place.

As expected ÍA are most peoples favourites for promotion. The KSÍ and fotbolti.net polls have ÍA as clear favourites to win the Inkasso deildin.

ÍA have had to move Saturdays opening game with Leiknir Reykjavík into the Akraneshöllin as the outdoor pitch is not yet ready to be played on after the winter.


ÍA have been drawn away to Grindavík in the Fourth Round of this year's Mjólkurbikar.

Grindavík won 4-2 away to Víðir in the previous round. They started their Pepsi deildin campaign with a 1-0 defeat at home to FH last weekend.

The game will be played at the Grindavíkurvöllur on 30th May.

30/04/18.....SUPER WIN IN CUP FOR ÍA

ÍA are into the next round of the Mjólkurbikarinn after a 4-1 win at Selfoss tonight.

There was just one change in the starting line up from the win against ÍH last week, Hafþór Pétursson coming in for Aron Ýmir Pétursson.

It was a perfect start for ÍA, they were 2-0 ahead after just 4 minutes. Arnar Már Guðjónsson (pictured left) opened the scoring on 2 minutes. Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson scored the second with a fourth minute penalty.

Selfoss pulled a goal back with a goal from Gilles Ondo after 25 minutes. It was 3-1 to ÍA before half time, Stefán Teitur Þórðarson scored on 43 minutes.

ÍA had coach Jóhannes Karl Guðjónsson sent off for contesting a free kick after 70 minutes. Steinar Þorsteinsson rounded off the scoring making it 4-1 after 86 minutes.


ÍA head south tomorrow to play Selfoss in the Third Round of the Mjólkurbikar.

Whilst ÍA had a comfortable 8-0 win against ÍH in the previous round, it was a bit more tricky for Selfoss. They won 4-2 on penalties after a 2-2 draw with Grótta.

One of Selfoss main winter signings was KR goalkeeper Stefán Lögi Magnússon.

23/04/18.....ÍA DRAWN AWAY IN CUP

The draw for the Third Round of the Mjólkurbikar was made today, with ÍA drawn away to Selfoss.

Selfoss drew 2-2 at home to Grótta in Round Two, winning on penalties 4-2 . The game will be played on Monday 30th May at the JÁVERK - völlurinn.


ÍA are into the next round of the Mjólkurbikar after an 8-0 demolition of 4.deild club ÍH. The star of the show at the Akraneshöllin was Steinar Þorsteinsson (pictured left) who scored four goals.

Joey Guðjónsson's team got off to the perfect start and were 1-0 ahead on 5 minutes, Steinar Þorsteinsson scoring his first of the afternoon. An own goal from ÍH made it 2-0 after 7 minutes, Larus Geir Árelíusson the unlucky player. Ólafur Valur Valdimarsson made it 3-0 on 11 minutes, next was Stefán Teitur Þórðarson he made it 4-0 in the 33rd minute. It was 6-0 before half time, Arnór Snær Guðmundsson (37th minute) and Steinar Þorsteinsson (39 minutes).

Into the second half and Steinar Þorsteinsson scored in the 54th minute and it was 7-0 to ÍA. In the last minute Steinar Þorsteinsson scored his fouth of the afternoon and it was 8-0.

18/04/18.....CUP FOR ÍA TOMORROW

Its the Mjólkurbikar for ÍA tomorrow night, with ÍH coming to Akranes for a second round game.

ÍH who will play in the 4.deild this summer won 7-2 against Snæfell last weekend to set up the game at the Akraneshöllin.


ÍA played a friendly against KA at the Akraneshöllin on Saturday afternoon. The PEPSI deildin club won 2-1.

ÍA will play ÍH in the second round of the Mjólkurbikar. ÍH won 7-2 against Snæfell on Friday in the first round of the tournament.

The second round game will be played at the Akraneshöllin on Thursday night.


Defender Aron Ingi Kristinsson has signed for Reykjavík club ÍR.

He had recently gone on loan to Kári but has now signed for ÍR.

13/04/18.....ANDRI BACK WITH ÍA

Andri Adolphsson (pictured left) has signed for ÍA on a season long loan from Valur.

The 26 year old left ÍA for Valur three years ago and was part of the League Championship squad last year.


ÍA played a friendly against KR in Reykjavík on Friday night with KR winning 3-2.

Both ÍA goals were penalties, Garðar Gunnlaugsson with the first one and Andri Júlíusson who has recently been playing with Kári scored the second.


ÍA will play KR in a friendly at the KR-völlur on Friday evening.

Then on Saturday 14th April they will play KA in the Akraneshöllin.


ÍA played a friendly against Royal Antwerp FC yesterday as part of their Spanish training camp.

The Belgian club won the game 3-1 in Campoamor with Garðar Gunnlaugsson (pictured left) scoring the Akranes goal.


The first team squad of ÍA are now in Campoamor in Spain on a training camp ahead of the new season.

It has been announced that ÍA will play a friendly against Belgian club Royal Antwerp FC on Friday afternoon whilst in Spain.


It was announced last week that seven ÍA players have joined Kári on loan for the new season.

Albert Hafsteinsson (pictured left), Alexander Már Þorláksson, Aron Ingi Kristinsson, Birgir Steinn Ellingsen, Guðfinnur Þór Leósson, Oskar Wasilewski and Stefán Ómar Magnússon will play in 2.deild this summer.

13/03/18.....ÍA FINISH WITH A WIN

ÍA finished this year's Lengjubikar with a 3-0 win against Víkingur Reykjavík tonight.

Skarphéðinn Magnusson continued in goal for the injured Árni Snær Ólafsson. Garðar Gunnlaugsson was named as a substitute for the first time this year after spending the winter recovering from injury.

Ragnar Leósson gave ÍA an early lead, with a superb effort after 6 minutes.

Into the second half and Stefán Teitur Þórðarson (pictured left) made it 2-0 on 76 minutes. Substitute Hilmar Halldórsson scored after 85 minutes to make it 3-0.


ÍA play their final game in this year's Lengjubikar against Víkingur Reykjavík in Akranes on Tuesday night.

With only the group winners going into the next round and Valur already topping the group ÍA can only be runners up.

Logi Ólafsson's team are in fifth place with just one win, that was against Njarðvik.

Former ÍA goalkeeper Trausti Sigurbjörnsson signed for Vkingur from Haukar during the winter.

09/03/18.....CUP DEFEAT FOR ÍA

Two first half goals for Valur in tonight's Lengjubikar Group 1 game means ÍA lose 2-0.

Joey Guðjónsson kept the same starting line up that had won against ÍBV in the previous game.

Two first half goals from Kristinn Freyr Sigurðsson on 32 and 36 minutes was enough for Valur to maintain their 100% record in the group.

ÍA play their last group game against Víkingur Reykjavík in the Akraneshöllin on Tuesday night.


ÍA are in Lengjubikar action tomorrow night. They head into Reykjavík to play Valur at the Valsvöllur.

Valur lead Group 1 with a 100% record after wins against Njarðvík (3-0), Víkingur R. (2-1) and Fram (4-0).

As for ÍA, they are in second place 3 points behind Valur.


ÍA have won their re arranged Lengjubikar game with ÍBV 4-0 tonight.

Stefán Teitur Þórðarson (pictured left) opened the scoring after 9 minutes. Ólafur Valur Valdimarsson doubled the lead on 38 minutes. It was 3-0 to ÍA before half time, defender Hilmar Halldórsson scoring after 42 minutes.

Substitute Alexander Már Þorláksson made it 4-0 on 83 minutes to give ÍA the three points.

They are second in the group behind leaders Valur.

26/02/18.....NEWS FROM AKRANES

It looks like Albert Hafsteinsson (pictured left) will miss the rest of pre season and the start of the Inkasso Deildin with a broken foot.

The ÍA - ÍBV Lengjubikar game that was postponed last Saturday will now be played on Thursday 1st March. Kick off at the Akraneshöllin is 6pm.

The Iceland U21 coach Eyjólfur Sverrisson will hold two training sessions this weekend in Kópavogur. ÍA players Hörður Ingi Gunnarsson and Stefán Teitur Þórðarson are both included.


The ÍA - ÍBV Lengjubikar game that was scheduled to be played at the Akraneshöllin on Saturday afternoon has been postponed.

Poor weather conditions in Iceland means no ferry or flights from the Westmann Islands to the mainland.

No new date has been set yet.


An injury time goal from Njarðvík gave them a 3-2 win against ÍA at the Reykjaneshöllin in tonights Lengjubikar group game.

Joey Guðjónsson made use of his squad with a few changes to the line up that had won against Fram last week.

Njarðvík took the lead on 27 minutes, Theodór Guðni Halldórsson with the goal.

ÍA made three substitutions at half time, and it was one of those who scored the equaliser. Alexander Már Þorláksson with the goal after 67 minutes. Four minutes later and Njarðvík were back in front, substitute Bergþór Ingi Smárason scoring the goal. Steinar Þorsteinsson (pictured) made it 2-2 on 79 minutes.

With the game looking to end level, another Njarðvík substitute Arnór Björnsson scored in added on time to make it 3-2.

ÍA next Lengjubikar game is against ÍBV in Akranes on Saturday 24th February.


ÍA are back in Lengjubikar action again tomorrow night.

The squad head to Keflavík where they will play Njarðvík at the Reykjaneshöllin.

Njarðvík lost their opening game 3-0 against Valur last Monday.


The draw was made today for the first two rounds of this years Icelandic Cup.

ÍA go straight into Round Two were they will play the winners of the First Round game between Snæfell and ÍH. Both clubs will play in 4.deild this summer.

The game will be played at the Akraneshöllin on 19th April.


ÍA played a friendly on Sunday afternoon against an American club Soccerviza FC.

Goals from Alexander Már Þorláksson and Gylfi Brynjar Stefansson gave ÍA a 2-0 win at the Akraneshöllin.


ÍA started this year's Lengjubikar Group 1 with a 4-0 win against Fram at the Akraneshöllin tonight.

Joey Guðjónsson had three of his winter signings in his starting line up, Hörður Ingi Gunnarsson, Einar Logi Einarsson and Ragnar Leósson. More of the new signings were named as substitutes, Viktor Helgi Benediktsson, Bjarki Steinn Bjarkason and Alexander Már Þorlakssson.

After a goal less first half, the goals flowed in the second half.

Arnar Már Guðjónsson headed home a corner from Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson on 50 minutes. Substitute Ólafur Valur Valdimarsson (pictured) made it 2-0 on 59 minutes. Fram went down to ten men on 78 minutes when Kristófer Reyes was shown a second yellow card for a foul on Bjarki Steinn Bjarkason.

Hilmar Halldórsson scored on 86 minutes after a Bjarki Steinn Bjarkason effort came back off the post. With two minutes left, Bjarki Steinn Bjarkason made it 4-0 to ÍA.


ÍA play Fram tomorrow night as this years Lengjubikar gets underway.

The game between the two Inkasso Deildin sides takes place at the Akraneshöllin.

Whilst ÍA have been playing in the Fótbolti.net tournament in recent weeks, Fram have been playing in the Reykjavík tournament. Fram finished in fourth place in their group with just two points from four games.

08/02/18.....EINAR LOGI BACK AT ÍA

Einar Logi Einarsson (pictured left) has returned to ÍA.

The 27 year old defender made nearly 70 league appearances for ÍA between 2010 and 2014.

He left for Kári in 2014, he then spent the 2015 season with HK. He returned to Kári and has been playing there until recently.


FH scored a last minute winner against ÍA to take fifth place in this year's Fótbolti.net Tournament.

Joey Guðjónsson made use of his squad and like in the previous games made many changes, Skarphéðinn Magnusson started in goal for ÍA.

FH took the lead after 21 minutes, Halldór Orri Björnsson with the goal. Steinar Þorsteinsson (pictured left) equalised for ÍA in the 36th minute.

Atli Viðar Björnsson scored in the last minute of the game to give the visitors a 2-1 win.

With the Fótbolti.net Tournament now over, its time for the Lengjubikar to start with ÍA play Fram on Friday evening.

29/01/18.....ÍA WILL PLAY FH

ÍA will play FH on Saturday in the 5th/6th place play off game of the Fótbolti.net Tournament.

FH finished in third place in Group 2. They won 3-1 against Keflavík, drew 1-1 with Grindavík and lost 2-1 to HK.

The game will be played at the Akraneshöllin.


ÍA lost their final group game in this year's Fótbolti.net Tournament yesterday, going down 4-0 to Breiðablik at the Akraneshöllin.

Breiðablik took the lead when Hallur Flosason scored an own goal after 20 minutes. Willum Þór Willumsson doubled the lead after 34 minutes.

Gísli Eyjólfsson made it 3-0 to Breiðablik after 51 minutes. In the last minute, Viktor Örn Margeirsson who had been on loan at ÍA last season made it 4-0 to the visitors.


ÍA play Breiðablik at the Akraneshöllin tomorrow morning.

It will be the final group game for ÍA in this year's Fótbolti.net Tournament.

Breiðablik still have two games to play after last weeks game with ÍBV was postponed.


Three ÍA players have been selected for a weekend of training with the Iceland Under 21 squad.

Stefán Teitur Þórðarson, Hörður Ingi Gunnarsson and Viktor Helgi Benediktsson will train with squad in Kópavogur next weekend.


ÍA will play a friendly with their Akranes neighbours Kári at the Akraneshöllin tomorrow morning.

Kári will play in 2.deild this summer after winning 3.deild in 2017.

16/01/18.....DEFEAT FOR ÍA

ÍA have lost tonight's Fótbolti.net Tournament game 2-0 against Stjarnan.

Joey Guðjónsson made a few changes to his team from the weekend win against ÍBV. New signing Viktor Helgi Guðmundsson played his first game.

Stjarnan's two goals came from Kristófer Konráðsson in the 41st and 55th minutes of the game.


ÍA play in the Fótbolti.net Tournament again tomorrow night.

Joey Guðjónsson's team play Stjarnan in Kópavogur at the Kórinn hall.

Like ÍA, Stjarnan won their opening game. They won 1-0 against Breiðablik. Stjarnan have added former ÍA assistant Jón Þór Hauksson to their coaching staff in recent weeks.


ÍA started the Fótbolti.net Tournament with a superb 3-1 win against ÍBV at the Akraneshöllin yesterday.

ÍA took the lead with a goal from Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson after 13 minutes. Five minutes later and Steinar Þorsteinsson made it 2-0.

On 67 minutes and it was 3-0, Stefán Teitur Þórðarson (pictured left) with the goal. ÍBV pulled a goal back, Ágúst Leó Björnsson scoring after 72 minutes.

Joey Guðjónsson team now play Stjarnan on Tuesday night.


ÍA play ÍBV tomorrow morning at the Akraneshöllin.

The two clubs will be playing in Group 1 of the Fótbolti.net Tournament.


ÍA have signed Viktor Helgi Benediktsson, a midfielder from FH.

The 19 year old has signed a three year contract. He spent last season on loan with HK playing for Jóhannes Karl Guðjónsson.

He has represented Iceland at Under 19 level.


Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson (pictured left) has signed a new three year contract with ÍA.

Þórður made his league debut in 2014 against HK, he has gone on to play 68 league games for ÍA scoring 8 goals.

Last season he was the only player to play in all 22 league games.


Former ÍA player Björn Bergmann Sigurðarson (pictured left) has signed for Russian club FC Rostov from Norway's Molde FK.

Björn Bergmann played for ÍA during the 2007 and 2008 seasons before signing for Lillestrom SK. He then moved onto England with Wolves then returned to Norway with Molde.

He will be hoping for a place in Iceland's World Cup squad this summer.


It was announced last week that former ÍA captain and coach Sigurður Lárusson (pictured left) has passed away at the age of 63.

Sigurður who signed for ÍA from Þór Akureyri in 1979 went on to play in Akranes until 1988. He was coach of ÍA during the 1988 and 1989 seasons.


hannes Karl Guðjósson has added three young players to his squad. Alexander Már Þorláksson, Marinó Hilmar Ásgeirsson and Birgir Steinn Ellingsen have all signed two year contracts.

All three have previously played for the other Akranes club Kári. Alexander Már Þorláksson made three appearances for ÍA during the 2013 season. He then moved on and went to play for Fram, KF and Höttur.


The 2018 league fixtures have been published today and ÍA start their Inkasso Deildin campaign at home.

ÍA will start on the 5th May against Leiknir Reykjavík at the Norðurálsvöllurinn. Next up is a trip to Akureyri to play Þór on 10th May.

The final round of games are set to be played on 22nd September with ÍA playing Þróttur Reykjavík in Akranes.

The full list of fixtures can be found on my fixtures page.

17/12/17.....ÍA WON FRIENDLY

ÍA won 3-0 against Fjölnir on Saturday morning, in what is probably their final game of 2017.

ÍA goalkeeper Árni Snær Ólafsson (pictured left) scored the first goal with a penalty.

Stefán Teitur Þórðarson and Gylfi Brynjar Stefánsson were the other goalscorers at the Akraneshöllin.

ÍA will play a friendly against Fjölnir in the Akraneshöllin on Saturday morning.

The fixtures for next years Lengjubikar has been published today and ÍA are in Group 1.

They are joined by Fram, ÍBV, Njarðvík, Valur and Víkingur R.

ÍA last won the competition in 2003, they were also winners in 1996 and 1999.

09/02/18 ÍA - Fram at the Akraneshöllin.

18/02/18 Njarðvík - ÍA at the Reykjaneshöllin.

24/02/18 ÍA - ÍBV at the Akraneshöllin.

09/03/18 Valur - ÍA at the Egilshöll.

13/03/18 ÍA - Víkingur R at the Akraneshöllin.


ÍA will play in Group 1 of next years Fótbolti.net tournament which starts in January.

Jóhannes Karl Guðjónsson team will play Breiðablik, ÍBV and Stjarnan.

13/01/18 ÍA - ÍBV at the Akraneshöllin.

16/01/18 Stjarnan - ÍA at Kórinn.

27/01/18 ÍA - Breiðablik at the Akraneshöllin.


ÍA drew 2-2 with Valur in a friendly in the Akraneshöllin today.

Valur took a two goal lead but ÍA fought back with goals from new signing Bjarki Steinn Bjarkason and youth player Gylfi Brynjar Stefánsson.

The game was arranged to raise funds for an ÍA supporter Kidda Jens to help with medical care. He is the father of Skagamenn player Aron Ingi Kristinsson.


ÍA play another friendly on Saturday morning.

This time its last seasons Pepsi Deildin Champions, Valur who come to the Akraneshöllin.


Bjarki Steinn Bjarkason, a midfielder from Afturelding has signed a two year contract with ÍA.

The 17 year old made 10 appearances for Afturelding in 2.deild last season scoring twice.

He has represented Iceland at both Under 18 and 17 levels

Photo from kfia.is


Ragnar Leósson (pictured left) has returned to ÍA after six years away.

Ragnar made his league debut for ÍA in 2007. He went on to play 55 league games scoring 9 goals. He left for ÍBV in 2012, then onto Fjölnir. He spent the 2016 season at HK, last season he played for Leiknir Reykjavík.

The midfielder has signed a two year contract with ÍA.

It has also been announced that Guðmundur Böðvar Guðjónsson will be leaving ÍA after his contract expired. He missed the first half of last season through injury, returning to play the final ten games.


ÍA have signed goalkeeper Skarphéðinn Magnússon (pictured left) on a two year contract.

The 28 year old will also become goalkeeping coach replacing Guðmundur Hreiðarsson. Skarphéðinn was with ÍA during the 2006 and 2007 seasons but left without making a league appearance.

He previous clubs include FH, Stjarnan, Dalvík/Reynir, Afturelding and most recently the other Akranes club Kári.


ÍA winter preparations continued today with a friendly against Breiðablik.

A first half goal from Steinar Þorsteinsson (pictured left) was enough to give ÍA a 1-0 win in the Fífan Hall in Kópavogur.


ÍA play another friendly on Saturday morning, this weeks opponents are Breiðablik. The game will be played in Kópavogur in the Fífan indoor hall.

Earlier this week three youth team players signed contracts lasting until 2019. Oskar Wasilewski, Sigurður Hrannar Þorsteinson and Þór Llorens Þórðarson will all be hoping to break into the first team squad next season.

19/11/17.....ÍA DREW FRIENDLY
ÍA drew 2-2 with KR in a friendly at the Akraneshöllin yesterday morning. Gylfi Brynjar Stefansson scored both ÍA goals.
ÍA will play a friendly against KR at the Akraneshöllin on Saturday morning. I will be the first game since Jóhannes Karl Guðjónsson took over as coach.

The fotbolti.net website reported yesterday that ÍA goalkeeper Páll Gísli Jónsson (pictured left) has decided to retire from football.

The 34 year old keeper made his league debut in 2002 and went on to play over 120 league games for ÍA. He also spent two years with Breiðablik (2003 and 2004).

Over the last 4 years Pálli had been back up for Árni Snær Ólafsson.

28/10/17.....NEW DEFENDER AT ÍA

ÍA have signed Hörður Ingi Gunnarsson from FH.

The 19 year old defender has signed a 3 year contract with ÍA.

He started the 2017 season on loan to Víkingur Ólafsvík then had another loan spell with HK under Jóhannes Karl Guðjónsson.

Hörður has played for Iceland at U21, U19 and U17 levels

photo from www.kfia.is


Hallur Flosason (pictured left) has signed a new 2 year extension to his contract with ÍA.

The 24 year old made his debut in 2011, he made 8 appearances in the league this year.

Hallur joins Arnar Már Guðjónsson and Árni Snær Ólafsson who have both signed new contracts since the end of the season.


Árni Snær Ólafsson (pictured left) has signed a new two year contract with ÍA.

The 26 year old former Iceland U21 goalkeeper missed the first half of the season with a cruciate ligament injury but recovered to play the last 9 games of the season.

Before his injury Árni had been first choice goalkeeper for the last three seasons.


It has been confirmed that this seasons overseas players won't return next year.

Polish forward Patryk Stefanski (pictured left) played 10 games, mostly as a substitiute.

English man Rashid Yussuff made 17 appearances and settled into a full back role.

Robert Menzel had already returned home to Poland mid way through the season.

12/10/17.....ÍA HAVE A NEW COACH !!

ÍA have tonight announced that Johannes Karl Guðjónsson is the new coach, he will be assisted by Sigurður Jónsson.

Jói Kalli as he is known as had been coach of HK for the last two seasons and had been given permission from HK to hold talks with his hometown club.

The 37 year old has a wealth of experience as a player, his career took him around Europe. He played for KA, ÍA, RC Genk, MVV, RKC, Real Betis, Aston Villa, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Leicester City, AZ, Burnley, Huddersfield Town, Fram, Fylkir and HK. He made 37 appearances for Iceland.

Sigurður Jónsson will be assistant coach, like Jói Kalli he brings a huge amount of experience. He has been coach at FH, Víkingur R, Grindavík, Djurgardens, Enkopping and Kári. The 51 year old played for ÍA, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Orebro and Dundee United. Siggi represented Iceland on 65 occasions.


Icelandic football website fotbolti.net reported today that Jón Þór Hauksson (pictured left)would not be the coach at ÍA next season.

Jón Þór had taken over from Gunnlaugur Jónsson towards the end last season and had said he would like to continue despite relegation.

Johannes Karl Guðjónsson who was coach at HK this year appears to be the favourite for the job. Other names mentioned have been Sigurður Jónsson and Pétur Pétursson, all former ÍA palyers.


Iceland qualified for the 2018 World Cup Finals last night for the first time after a 2-0 win against Kosovo in Reykjavík.

Heimir Hallgrímsson team become the smallest country population size to ever make the finals.

They topped Group I ahead of the likes of Croatia and Ukraine.

With the national team going to Russia it could mean a break in next years domestic competitions.


ÍA season ended with a goal less draw this afternoon against Víkingur Ólafsvík in Akranes.

Jón Þór Hauksson kept faith with the same starting eleven that he had used in the previous four games.

ÍA had a chance to take all 3 points with a 29th minute penalty, Albert Hafsteinsson penalty was saved by the visiting goalkeeper.

Víkingur will join ÍA in the second tier next year as the draw was not enough to keep them up.

The board will have to decide over the next few weeks to appoint Jón Þór Hauksson as permanent coach or look for someone else to take over.


The 2017 Pepsi Deildin comes to an end tomorrow afternoon.

Its been a disappointing season for ÍA with their relegation confirmed a few weeks ago. The final game is against Víkingur Ólafsvík at the Norðurálsvöllurinn.

The visitors occupy the remaining relegation place, they need to win and hope ÍBV lose at home to KA. A draw for Víkingur probably wont be good enough due to a big goal difference.


Arnar Már Guðjónsson (pictured left) has signed a new two year contract with ÍA.

The deal will keep the 30 year old midfielder at the club until 2019.

Arnar Már made his league debut for ÍA in 2004.

He played for KA during the 2008 and 2009 seasons then returned to Akranes.


ÍA completed this seasons away fixtures with a 0-0 draw at Víkingur Reykjavík this afternoon.

Jón Þór Hauksson's team extended their unbeaten run to four games with the draw.

They finish the season next Saturday when they play Víkingur Ólafsvík in Akranes. The visitors will need to take something from the game otherwise they will be relegated alongside ÍA.


ÍA go into Reykjavík tomorrow afternoon to play Víkingur at the Víkingsvöllur.

With ÍA relegation confirmed in midweek the team will be looking to end the season on a good run.

Víkingur are sitting in mid table in seventh place under former Akranes coach Logi Ólafsson.

21/09/17.....ÍA RELEGATED !!!

ÍA relegation to the Inkasso Deildin was confirmed tonight.

Fjölnir won 2-1 at home to FH meaning that even two wins from the remaining two fixtures wouldn't be enough for ÍA to climb out of the relegation zone.

The last time ÍA dropped down to the second tier was in 2013, they won promotion at the first attempt so hopefully we can repeat this next year.


ÍA still have a small chance of escaping relegation after a 2-2 draw against Stjarnan this afternoon.

As expected Jón Þór Hauksson kept the same line up for the third successive game.

Arnar Már Guðjónsson (pictured left) got ÍA off to the perfect start with a goal after just 40 seconds. Guðjón Baldvinsson levelled the scores after 10 minutes.

Into the second half and Hólmbert Aron Friðjónsson put the visitors in front with a 59th minute goal. ÍA drew level on 88 minutes, Steinar Þorsteinsson scoring for the third game in a row. With the game coming to an end, a clash of heads ended in Stjarnan's Hólbert Aron Friðjónnson leaving the pitch in an ambulance.

ÍA still have a small chamce of avoiding the drop depending on other results in the remaining games, but could even be relegated later tonight if Fjölnir take points from leaders Valur.


ÍA play Stjarnan at the Norðurálsvöllurinn tomorrow afternoon.

As we know ÍA are in need of as many points as possible to avoid relegation.

As for Stjarnan they are in second place in the table, they are 7 points behind leaders Valur and could still win the title if Valur collapse in the remaining games.

Things have improved for ÍA over the last few games and I would imagine Jón Þór Hauksson will keep faith in forwards Steinar Þorsteinsson and Stefán Teitur Þórðarson who have both scored in the last two games.

14/09/17.....ÍA DRAW AT FJÖLNIR

ÍA have drawn 2-2 away to Fjölnir tonight as the 19th round of Pespi Deildin fixtures were played.

Jón Þór Hauksson kept the same starting line up that had won against KA at the weekend.

After a goal less first half, it was Fjölnir who took the lead after 48 minutes when Ólafur Valur Valdimarsson scored an own goal. Stefán Teitur Þórðarson scored on 53 minutes to level the scores, his second goal in as many games. ÍA went ahead on 60 minutes when Steinar Þorsteinsson (pictured left) made it 2-1. With 15 minutes left to play Fjölnir equalised with a goal from Þórir Guðjónsson.

The game ended 2-2, ÍA remain bottom of the league on 14 points. Fjölnir are in ninth place and just outside the relegation places on 21 points.

ÍA are up against Stjarnan next, the two sides meet in Akranes on Sunday.


There are just four rounds of games left to play in this years Pepsi Deildin.

ÍA are away to Fjölnir tomorrow afternoon, both teams are trying to avoid the drop to 1.deild.

Fjölnir are in ninth place with 20 points.

ÍA will be looking to build on the weekends win against KA, another win tomorrow could make for an exciting end to the season.

10/09/17....ÍA WIN AGAINST KA !!

Two second half goals have given ÍA their first win since 19th June to keep alive their hopes of escaping relegation.

Jón Þór Hauksson had defender Viktor Örn Margeirsson back in the team and a young strike force of Stefán Teitur Þórðarson (pictured left) and Steinar Þorsteinsson.

ÍA had the chance to take the lead during the first half when they were awarded a penalty on 40 minutes. Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson had his penalty saved.

The game sprung into life on the hour mark, Stefán Teitur Þórðarson scoring his first ever league goal. Ten minutes later and it was 2-0, Steinar Þorsteinsson scoring this time with his third of the season.

KA were reduced to ten men on 90 minutes when Callum Williams was red carded.

There was even time for Guðfinnur Þór Leósson to make his league debut when he replaced Steinar Þorsteinsson on 90 minutes.

ÍA now play Fjölnir in Reykjavík on Thursday as the fight to stay in the top division continues.


ÍA are back in action tomorrow after the break for the World Cup Qualifiers.

ÍA play KA at the Norðurálsvöllurinn.

With only five games left to play, ÍA have a massive task if they are to avoid relegation. They are 10 points behind tenth placed Víkingur Ólafsvík so three points are needed tomorrow.


Jón Þór Hauksson's first game as coach has ended in a 2-0 defeat to Breiðablik.

ÍA went into the game without defender Viktor Örn Margeirsson who is on loan from Breiðablik, Gylfi Veigar Gylfason (pictured left) replacing him.

Breiðablik took the lead after 21 minutes, it was ÍA defender Gylfi Veigar Gylfason scoring an own goal.

Aron Bjarnason made it 2-0 to the home team on 85 minutes to make sure of the three points.

ÍA don't play now until 10th September because of the international break for the World Cup qualifiers.


Jón Þór Hauksson (pictured left) takes charge for the first time tomorrow as ÍA go to Kópavogur to play Breiðablik.

ÍA are desperate for a win as they try to avoid relegation. Breiðablik are in eighth place with 21 points, that's 11 more than ÍA.


It has been announced that Ármann Smári Björnsson (pictured left) will work as assistant coach alongside Jón Þór Hauksson for the rest of the season.

The defender retired from playing at the end of last season due to injury

Jón Þór Hauksson will also be able to call on the services of Þórður Guðjónsson and Sigurður Jónsson.


Gunnlaugur Jónsson (pictured left) has resigned as coach of ÍA this evening.

The club are bottom of the league and relegation looks likely, especially after yesterdays defeat to relegation rivals ÍBV.

Gulli took over in October 2013 after the club had been relegated to 1.deild and won promotion straight away.

His assistant Jón Þór Hauksson will take over until the end of the season.

20/08/17.....NEWS FROM AKRANES

I have been away on holiday for the last two weeks so not been able to update the site, so here's what's been happening at ÍA.

First off, on 8th August ÍA drew 1-1 at home to KR. The game marked the return in goal of Árni Snær Ólafsson (pictured left) who has not played this year due to injury.

ÍA took the lead just on half time with a goal from Ólafur Valur Valdimarsson. KR scored a late equalizer from Óskar Örn Hauksson.

It was then announced that Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson has left ÍA and signed for Swedish club Halmstads BK.

Next up was an away game at Grindavík on 14th August. Goals from Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson and Garðar Gunnlaugsson was not enough as Grindavík won 3-2.

ÍA and ÍBV played this afternoon in a relegation battle as both sides occupy the relegation places. Sadly for ÍA it was ÍBV who won. Brian McLean scoring the only goal at the Norðurálsvöllurinn.

The defeat leaves Skagamenn six points from safety and it looks like its going to need a miracle to stay in the top division.

31/07/17.....VALUR HIT ÍA FOR SIX!!!

ÍA have lost 6-0 away to leaders Valur tonight. The defeat is the biggest league loss in the clubs history.

ÍA went into the game with Guðmundur Böðvar Guðjónsson (pictured left) playing his first game of the season, new loan signing Viktor Örn Margeirsson also started. Goalkeeper Ingvar Þór Kale was back in goal against his former club.

ÍA held out to just before half time, until two goals in the space of a minute. Firstly Patrick Pedersen scored on 44 minutes then on the stroke of half time Guðjón Pétur Lyðsson made it 2-0.

Valur made it 3-0 when Eiður Aron Sigurbjörnsson scored on 63 minutes. Orri Sigurður Ómarsson then made it 4-0 after 74 minutes. The next goal came on 78 minutes when Sigurður Egill Lárusson scored. Valur then scored their sixth goal on 89 minutes, Kristinn Ingi Halldórsson with the goal.

The defeat leaves ÍA firmly rooted to the bottom of the table. As for Valur they now have an eight point lead over second placed Stjarnan and are strong favourites to win the title.


ÍA go to Reykjavík tomorrow to play Valur at the Valsvöllur.

Valur are top of the table having lost just once in the league this season. They are five points ahead of second placed Stjarnan.

ÍA will be without the suspended Arnar Már Guðjónsson so there could be a place for Robert Menzel in midfield. New loan signing from Breiðablik Viktor Örn Margeirsson should be in the ÍA squad.

30/07/17.....NEW CONTRACTS AT ÍA
Hafþór Pétursson, Aron Ingi Kristinsson and Steinar Þorsteinsson have all agreed new contracts to keep them at ÍA until 2019.
27/07/17.....NEWS FROM AKRANES

The KSÍ have announced that Arnar Már Guðjónsson will receive a one game ban after getting four yellow cards this season. The midfielder who has started all 12 league games so far this season will miss Mondays game away to league leaders Valur.

Young defender Hilmar Halldórsson has joined Kári on loan for the remainder of this season, he made 5 league appearances for ÍA this summer.


ÍA have signed Breiðablik defender Viktor Örn Margeirsson (pictured left) on loan until the end of the season.

The 23 year old defender has previously had loan spells at Augnablik and HK.

He has made 6 appearances for Breiðablik this summer.


ÍA stay rooted to the bottom of the table after a 2-0 defeat to FH this afternoon.

ÍA started the game with Páll Gísli Jónsson (pictured left) in goal, and Garðar Gunnlaugsson was fit to start. Guðmundur Böðvar Guðjónsson was named in the squad for the first time this season, he was included as a substitute.

FH took the lead after 18 minutes, Robbie Crawford with the goal. Scottish forward Steven Lennon made it 2-0 on 26 minutes.

Gunnlaugur Jónsson said after the game that he could be looking to add to his squad in the coming days as ÍA try to fight off the prospect of relegation.


ÍA go to Hafnarfjörður to play FH tomorrow afternoon as the Pepsi Deildin moves into the second half of the season.

Last years champions are in fourth place in the table. They have just returned from the Faroe Islands where they won 2-0 against Víkingur Gøta in the Champions League. They are due to play the Slovenian champions Maribor on Wednesday in the Third Qualifying Round.

As for ÍA, they are in need of a win to move off the foot of the table. Patryk Stefanski will miss the game after his red card against Víkingur Ólafsvík last week.


ÍA league game away to FH at the weekend has been brought forward. The game at the Kaplakrikavöllur will now be played on Saturday afternoon instead of Sunday.

It will give FH more time to prepare for a trip to Slovenia where they will play Maribor in the Third Qualifying round of the Champions League on Wednesday.


ÍA have lost 1-0 to Víkingur in Ólafsvík tonight.

ÍA brought Hallur Flosason (pictured left) into the team after injury, he last played a league game in May. Ólafur Valur Valdimarsson also started with Hafþór Péturson and Gylfi Veigar Gylfason dropping down to substitute.

Víkingur took the lead on 16 minutes. Guðmundur Steinn Hafsteinsson with the only goal of the game. Just before half time and ÍA were down to 10 men, Patryk Stefanski picking up his second yellow card in the space of a few minutes.

The win moves Víkingur up towards a mid table position with ÍA stuck in the relegation zone.


This summers Pepsi Deildin reaches the half way stage tomorrow with ÍA making the trip to Ólafsvík to play Víkingur.

Its a relegation 'six pointer' with ÍA in eleventh place with 9 points and Víkingur just one place above with 10 points.

ÍA go into the game on a four game unbeaten run and a win combined with other results could see Skagmenn move up to seventh place.


ÍA have moved off the foot of the table after a 1-1 draw with Víkingur Reykjavík tonight.

Patryk Stefanski was in the starting line for the first time since May in place of the injured Garðar Gunnlaugsson.

Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson (pictured left) put ÍA ahead on 25 minutes after a great run and cross from Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson.

Víkingur equalised on 77 minutes with a goal from Alex Freyr Hilmarsson. Both sides had chances to secure the win but the game ended 1-1.

ÍA move up a place to eleventh with Fjölnir going bottom. The next game for ÍA is a relegation 'six pointer' away to Víkingur Ólafsvík next Monday.


ÍA play Víkingur Reykjavík at the Norðurálsvöllurinn tomorrow night, its been two weeks since the last league game a 2-2 draw at Stjarnan.

Its a game ÍA need to win, they sit bottom of the table after Víkingur Ólafsvík surprise 2-0 win away to FH last Friday.

As for Víkingur, they are in fifth place in the table. They were one of the clubs who changed coaches early on in the season. Former ÍA coach Logi Ólafsson has been in charge since late May.

03/07/17.....ÍA GO OUT OF THE CUP

ÍA are out of this years Borgunarbikarinn after an extra time defeat at Leiknir Reykjavík.

Leiknir took the lead when Arnór Snær Guðmundsson scored an own goal after 24 minutes.

Garðar Gunnlaugsson (pictured left) equalised for ÍA with a 61st minute penalty.

The scores were level after 90 minutes to send the game into extra time.

Five minutes into extra time and Elvar Páll Sigurðsson scored to send Leiknir into their first ever cup semi final.


ÍA take on Leiknir Reykjavík in the quarter final of the Borgunarbikarinn tomorrow night at the Leiknisvöllur.

Leiknir are in eighth place in the Inkasso deildin, 8 points behind leaders Fylkir.

ÍA have not won the cup since 2003, when a Garðar Gunnlaugsson goal was enough to beat FH 1-0.


Arnór Snær Guðmundsson (pictured left) has extended his contract at ÍA until 2019.

The 24 year old defender joined ÍA from Afturelding in 2014. He started this season on loan at Kári after missing the end of last season to study in the USA.


ÍA stretched their unbeaten run to three games this afternoon with a 2-2 draw against Stjarnan at the Samsung-völlurinn.

Last seasons top scorer Garðar Gunnlaugsson was fit enough to start the game after a few substitute appearances, Steinar Þorsteinsson also started the game. They replaced Ólafur Valur Valdimarsson and Stefán Teitur Þórðarson.

It was the home team who opened the scoring with a Guðjón Baldvinsson goal on 22 minutes. ÍA equalised just before half time, Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson scoring his fourth league goal of the season.

Just after half time and Stjarnan were back in the lead, Hilmar Árni Halldórsson with the goal after 49 minutes. In the 84th minute and ÍA drew level again with a goal from Arnar Már Guðjósson (pictured above).

The draw still leaves ÍA in the relegation zone but they are only 3 points behind fifth placed FH.


ÍA go to Garðabær tomorrow afternoon to play Stjarnan who are in third place in the Pepsi Deildin.

ÍA are unbeaten in the last two games, a draw away to KA and a win in Akranes against Fjölnir.

As for Stjarnan they started the season in good form winning four of the first five matches, but have lost the last three. Last week saw a surprise defeat by bottom of the league Víkingur Ólafsvík.


Two late goals in Akranes have secured a valuable 3 points for ÍA against Fjölnir tonight.

Hafþór Pétursson came into the defence in place of the injured Hilmar Halldórsson, the only change to Gunnlaugur Jónsson's starting line up.

Fjölnir took the lead after 38 minutes, Birnir Snær Ingason scoring for the visitors. Hafþór Pétursson levelled the scores on 42 minutes and it was 1-1 at half time.

Into the second half and on 58 minutes Fjölnir were reduced to ten men. Mario Tadejuvic was red carded for a foul. As full time approached it looked like the game was to end in a draw, that was until substitute Steinar Þorsteinsson (pictured above) scored in the 90th minute to give ÍA a 2-1 lead. It got even better for Gunnlaugur Jónssons team when Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson made it 3-1 with virtually the last kick of the game with a stunning shot from inside his own half which flew over Þórður Ingason in the Fjölnir goal.

18/06/17.....ÍA AT HOME TOMORROW

ÍA are at home to Fjölnir in the Pepsi Deildin tomorrow night.

The visitors are in ninth place in the table with 8 points. ÍA have just 4 points and lie in eleventh place.

Gunnlaugur Jónsson could have Garðar Gunnlaugsson back after he made a substitute appearance in the last game against KA.


ÍA picked up a point with a 0-0 draw away to KA tonight.

Gunnlaugur Jónsson made one change to his starting team. Stefán Teitur Þórðarson starting the game in place of Robert Menzel. Garðar Gunnlaugsson was fit enough to be named amongst the substitutes.

ÍA now have four points and are still in eleventh place, the next game is at home to Fjölnir on Monday.


ÍA make the long trip north to Akureyri tomorrow to play KA at the Akureyrarvöllur in the Pepsi Deildin.

KA have made a great start to the season after being promoted from 1.deild last year. They are in fourth place in the table, just two points behind leaders Stjarnan.

Gunnlaugur Jónsson who coached KA for two years (2011 and 2012) will be looking to pick up some points against his former club.


Iceland U21s lost 3-0 against England U21's in a friendly at St Georges Park today, it was an Iceland squad that included two players from Akranes.

Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson started the game and played 60 minutes before being replaced. Albert Hafsteinsson was brought into the game as a 50th minute substitute, it was his first appearance at under 21 level.


ÍA have been drawn away to Leiknir Reykjavík in the Quarter Finals of the Borgunarbikarinn.

Leiknir who are in eighth place in the Inkasso deildin knocked out Grindavík in the last round, winning on penalties after a 1-1 draw.

They have also won 5-0 against Stokkseyri and Þróttur R 2-1 in previous rounds.

The game will be played at the Leiknisvöllur on 3rd July.


ÍA and Breiðablik have been playing at the Norðurálsvöllurinn tonight with the Kópavogur club winning 3-2.

ÍA went into the game making two changes from the side that had won 4-1 away to ÍBV last week. Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson and Ólafur Valur Valdimarsson replacing Garðar Gunnlaugsson and Steinar Þorsteinsson.

Breiðablik got off to the perfect start and were 2-0 ahead after 10 minutes. Gísli Eyjólfsson (5 mins) and Arnþór Ari Atlason (8 minutes) scoring for the visitors.

It got worse for ÍA on 57 minutes when Arnþór Ari Atlason scored again to make it 3-0 to Breiðablik. Two minutes later and Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson pulled a goal back for ÍA. Arnar Már Guðjónsson (pictured above) scored another goal for ÍA on 90 minutes but it was too late and the game ended 3-2 to Breiðablik.

Breiðablik have now won three games on the run under new coach Milos Milojevic to move up the table to sixth place. ÍA are in eleventh place ahead of Víkingur Ólafsvik.


ÍA take on Breiðablik tomorrow night in a bottom of the table clash at the Norðurálsvöllurinn.

Breiðablik lost their first three games of the season and replaced coach Arnar Grétarsson. The replacement was Milos Milojevic who had strated the season as coach of Víkingur Reykjavík, since the change Breiðablik have won the last two league games. They are sitting in ninth place in the table with six points, three points ahead of ÍA.

ÍA had a good 4-1 win away to ÍBV last week and Gunnlaugur Jónsson will be looking to build on that result and move his side up the table.


Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson and Albert Hafsteinsson have both been named in an Iceland U21 squad that will play England on the 10th of June.

Iceland will play England at St Georges Park which is the English FA National Football Centre, the friendly will be played behind closed doors before England head to Poland for the EURO U21 finals.

Tryggvi Hrafn has made two appearances for the Under 21s whilst Albert is yet to make his debut.


ÍA are into the quarter finals of the Borgunarbikarinn after an extra time win against Grótta.

There were a number of changes to the ÍA line up including Páll Gísli Jónsson, Hallur Flosason and Patryk Stefanski all starting the game.

With no goals in the first half, it was Grótta who took the lead. Ingólfur Sigurðsson with the goal on 64 minutes. Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson (pictured left) equalized for ÍA after 83 minutes to send the game into extra time.

Five minutes into extra time and Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsosn scored again. Grótta had Halldór Baldursson sent off after 110 minutes. The game ended 2-1 to ÍA and they are into the quarter finals for the first time since 2007.

29/05/17.....CUP GAME TOMORROW

ÍA are back in cup action tomorrow night when they play Grótta in the fourth round of the Borgunarbikarinn.

Grótta are currently in ninth place in the second tier of Icelandic football. They lost their last match 3-0 at home to Þróttur on Friday.


ÍA picked up their first points of the season in style with a 4-1 win away to ÍBV today.

Gunnlaugur Jónsson made just one change to his line up from the last game against Grindavík, Rashid Yussuff replacing the injured Aron Ingi Kristinsson.

Arnar Már Guðjónsson (pictured left) gave ÍA the lead after 41 minutes.

With just three minutes of the second half played ÍA doubled their lead, Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson scoring. ÍBV pulled a goal back on 50 minutes, Pablo Punyed scoring. On 81 minutes and the home side were down to ten men when Hafsteinn Briem was sent off after he gave away a penalty. Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson had his penalty saved by the ÍBV keeper Halldór Páll Geirsson. ÍA did not let the penalty miss affect them, because three minutes later Albert Hafsteinsson scored to make it 3-1. Tryygvi Hrafn Haraldsson added another goal in injury time to give ÍA a 4-1 win.

The win lifts Skagamenn up to tenth place in the league table.

26/05/17.....ÍBV TOMORROW

ÍA go to the Westmann Islands tomorrow to play ÍBV.

The 'islanders' are in sixth place in the table with seven points, as for ÍA they are still looking to pick up a point this season.

22/05/17.....ÍA STILL POINTLESS !!!!

With four games played so far this season, ÍA are still looking for their first points of the season. Tonight Grindavík have come away from Akranes with a 3-2 win.

ÍA had Arnór Snær Guðmundsson, Gylfi Veigar Gylfason and Hilmar Halldórsson all starting a league game for the first time this season.

Grindavík took the lead after 14 minutes, Andri Rúnar Bjarnason with the goal. On 28 minutes ÍA were level, Steinar Þorsteinsson (pictured left) scoring in the league for the first time. Just before half time and ÍA were awarded a penalty after Grindavík goalkeeper Kristijan Jajalo fouled Garðar Gunnlaugsson. The Grindavík keeper saved Garðar Gunnlaugsson's penalty.

After only two minutes of the second half and Grindavík were back in the lead, Andri Rúnar Bjarnason scoring again. Andri Rúnar Bjarnason made it 3-1 to the visitors on 88 minutes  completing his hatrick. Skagamenn pulled a goal back, Garðar Gunnlaugsson scoring on 90 minutes but it was too late.

ÍA are rooted to the bottom of the league table. They play ÍBV away next on Saturday.


After the superb midweek cup comeback against Fram, ÍA are back in league action tomorrow night when Grindavík come to Akranes.

ÍA go into the game without a league point so far this season, hopefully the win against Fram in the cup can give the team confidence to move on.

As for Grindavík, they are in seventh place in the table with four points. They too had a good win in the cup, a 7-1 win against Völsungur.

19/05/17.....ÍA DRAWN AT HOME IN CUP

ÍA have been drawn at home to Grótta in the Fourth Round of the Borgunarbikarinn.

Grótta are in eighth place in the Inkasso-deildin. They have already played three rounds in the cup, Afturelding (1-0), KFS (3-0) and Berserkir (4-1).

The game will be played at the Norðurálsvöllurinn on 30th May.


ÍA have recalled defender Arnór Snær Guðmundsson (pictured left) from his loan spell at Kári.

Arnór has played over 45 league games for ÍA over the last three years. He left Akranes to study in the USA last summer and has been on loan with Kári to get his fitness back.

Also returning is young goalkeeper Guðmundur Sigurbjörnsson, the 18 year old is yet to make his league debut for ÍA.


ÍA are into the next round of the Borgunarbikar after a stunning comeback against Fram tonight. Fram had a 3-1 lead with only a few minutes left to play, but an amazing turnaround saw ÍA win 4-3.

Gunnlaugur Jónsson had made changes to his line up. Páll Gísli Jónsson, Hilmar Halldórsson, Gylfi Veigar Gylfason and Rashid Yussuff all started the game.

Fram took the lead with a goal from Guðmundur Magnusson on 8 minutes. The same player doubled the lead after 39 minutes. ÍA were awarded a penalty after 43 minutes, Garðar Gunnlaugsson scoring. Fram scored again just on half time to make it 3-1, Alex Freyr Elísson with the goal.

ÍA had defender Hilmar Halldórsson sent off after 82 minutes and it looked like this years cup run was over before it had really started.

On 87 minutes a Garðar Gunnlaugsson header pulled a goal back for ÍA. Then 3 minutes later, ÍA were given another penalty, Garðar Gunnlaugsson completed his hatrick and it looked like extra time. Amazingly in added on time Skagamenn substitute Ólafur Valur Valdimarsson (pictured above) rounded the Fram goalkeeper and slotted home to send the Akranes crowd crazy.


ÍA and Fram meet tomorrow in the Third Round of the Borgunarbikar.

Fram are currently in fourth place in the Inkasso-deildin. They won 2-1 away to HK in the opening round of games and drew 2-2 at home to Haukar last weekend.

ÍA have won the cup nine times, the last one was in 2003. Fram last won the cup in 2013, it was their eighth title.


After now playing three rounds of games in this years Pepsi deildin ÍA are still looking to win their first points. Yesterday they lost 2-1 away to KR.

Gunnlaugur Jónsson made three changes to his starting line up. Garðar Gunnlaugsson (pictured left), Steinar Þorsteinsson and Stefán Teitur Þórðarson all started in place of Rashid Yussuff, Patryk Stefanski and Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson.

KR took the lead on 9 minutes with an own goal from Hafþór Pétursson. A cross from KR coming off the defenders head and over Ingvar Þór Kale. KR doubled the lead on 56 minutes, Óskar Örn Hauksson with the goal.

ÍA pulled a goal back with five minutes left to play. Garðar Gunnlaugsson scoring a penalty after a foul by KR keeper Stefán Lögi Magnusson.

The game ended 2-1 to KR, leaving ÍA in 11th place in the table without a point.


Having now played two league games so far this season, ÍA are still looking for their first points. Tonight Valur have come to Akranes and won 4-2.

Gunnlaugur Jónsson made just one change to his starting line up, Ingvar Þór Kale was in goal in place of Páll Gísli Jónsson.

Valur took the lead after 21 minutes when they were awarded a penalty, Sigurður Egill Lárusson scoring. The visitors were 2-0 ahead after 34 minutes, Guðjón Pétur Lyðsson with the goal. ÍA pulled a goal back after 39 minutes, Þórður Þorsteinn Þórðarson (pictured left) scored from a free kick.

ÍA made two changes at half time. Garðar Gunnlaugsson and Steinar Þorsteinsson replaced Patryk Stefanski and Rashid Yussuff.

Haukur Páll Sigurðsson made it 3-1 to Valur on 58 minutes. Robert Menzel scored for ÍA after 76 minutes to close Valur's lead to 3-2. Valur made sure of the win with a 90th minute goal from Nikolaj Hansen.

The final score was 4-2 to Valur. The win moves Valur to the top of the table, they are the only team with a 100% record.

ÍA next game is away to KR on Sunday


ÍA are back in league action again tomorrow night when Valur come to Akranes.

Valur won their opening game of the season, a 2-0 win against Víkingur Ólafsvík in Reykjavík.

ÍA could have Garðar Gunnlaugsson fit enough to start the game after coming on as substitute in last weeks defeat by FH.


The draw has been made today for the Third Round of the Borgunarbikar, ÍA have been drawn against Fram from the 1.deild.

The game will be played at the Norðurálsvöllurinn on 17th May.

Fram won 1-0 away to HK in the previous round.


ÍA have lost the first game of the new season against defending champions FH. The Hafnarfjörður club winning 4-2 at the Norðurálsvöllurinn.

New signings Robert Menzel, Patryk Stefanski and Rashid Yussuff all made their league debuts fro ÍA. Páll Gísli Jónsson started in goal (his first league game since June 2015).

FH took the lead after 15 minutes, Scotsman Steve Lennon with the goal. Two goals in the space of five minutes (28 and 33) from Tryggvi Hrafn Haraldsson (pictured left) turned the score in ÍA favour. Before half time the scores were level, Steve Lennon scoring once again after 35 minutes.

Into the second half and the reigning champions secured the win. Firstly Kristján Flóki Finnbogason scored on 66 minutes. Steve Lennon completed his hatrick on 78 minutes to give FH a 4-2 win.


The long wait is finally over! The 2017 Icelandic league season gets underway tomorrow afternoon.

ÍA start with a game against last seasons champions FH at Norðurálsvöllurinn.

Gunnlaugur Jónsson could give debuts to winter signings Ingvar Þór Kale, Robert Menzel, Patryk Stefanski and Rashid Yussuff. It looks like last years top scorer Garðar Gunnlaugsson could miss the game, he is struggling with a back injury.

As for FH, they are most peoples favourite to become champions again this year. The Hafnarfjörður club have added Guðmundur Karl Guðmundsson (Fjölnir), Halldór Órri Björnsson (Stjarnan), Veigar Páll Gunnarsson (Stjarnan) and Scottish midfielder Robbie Crawford to he squad this year.